Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,727 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

Intimacy With Our Heavenly Father - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Intimacy With Our Heavenly Father (562 Views)

Limit To Intimacy In A Christian Relationship / Proof Of Our Heavenly Father's Power / Heavenly Reward Vs Earthly Reward: Hilarious Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Intimacy With Our Heavenly Father by yommyuk: 7:04am On Mar 30, 2016
From the very beginning, God intended to have an intimate, loving relationship with His children. What evidence do we have that this is His desire?

HIS SON.
One reason that Jesus Christ came to earth is for us to know and relate to God the Father. The Bible tells us that Jesus is His exact representation; His words and works were the same as God’s (John 5:19; John 12:50). Therefore, when we look at the Son, we are seeing the character of our heavenly Father.

INVITATION.
Through the Scriptures, God invites us to join His family. He took care of all the arrangements; the only thing we have to do is say yes (John 3:16).

ADOPTION.
The closest tie we can have with one another is family. At salvation, we are adopted into the Lord’s family. This relationship with our heavenly Father lasts for an eternity and provides us with support, encouragement, and love.

FRIENDSHIP.
By calling His disciples “friends” (John 15:15), Jesus revealed a new aspect to their relationship, which applied to His future followers as well. Jesus Christ is a forever friend, one who will never desert or turn away from us.

HIS PRESENCE.
From the moment of our salvation, we are indwelt by the Holy Spirit. He is even closer to us than any earthly kin can be.
The heavenly Father invites us to join His family through faith in Jesus Christ. This is our highest calling—to believe in Him and to live for Him all of our days (John 20:31). Once we become God’s children, His Spirit will work in us to make our family resemblance stronger and clearer in thought, word, and deed.

Psalm 63:1-11
A Psalm of David, when he was in the wilderness of Judah. O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you; my flesh faints for you, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water. So I have looked upon you in the sanctuary, beholding your power and glory. Because your steadfast love is better than life, my lips will praise you. So I will bless you as long as I live; in your name I will lift up my hands. My soul will be satisfied as with fat and rich food, and my mouth will praise you with joyful lips.

James 4:8
Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.

John 17:22-23
The glory that you have given me I have given to them, that they may be one even as we are one, I in them and you in me, that they may become perfectly one, so that the world may know that you sent me and loved them even as you loved me.

IT IS WELL. GOD BLESS wink
Re: Intimacy With Our Heavenly Father by Judas2013: 12:17am On Mar 31, 2016
sex?

1 Like

Re: Intimacy With Our Heavenly Father by yommyuk: 6:41am On Mar 31, 2016
Judas2013:
sex?
cry

(1) (Reply)

False Church(es) / 41 Things Already Happening This Year By Dr.d.k Olukoya / Why did you believe mohammed and his claims?..{A must read}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.