Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,473 members, 7,819,721 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

CharlyBoy Writes Open Letter To Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CharlyBoy Writes Open Letter To Buhari (41866 Views)

Charlyboy, Dino Melaye, Murray-Bruce Tape Their Mouths To Support 'NJIKO' / Photos Of Charles Oputa, CharlyBoy, In Hospital / Charlyboy Writes Open Letter To Buhari (must Read) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

CharlyBoy Writes Open Letter To Buhari by hylyne(m): 11:59am On Mar 30, 2016
My dear Presido,

I trust you are not letting the rot and the decay you met in the system overwhelm you. I was filled with expectation when you emerged winner. I prayed that you would be a catalyst in redirecting our drifting country; because many things spoil no be small.

I can’t say that I was too trilled with some of your selections for the ministerial posts, but I suspected you had a good reason for most of the choice you made. Your campaign was about change, which I hoped was all-encompassing- change in our mindset, our attitude to work, and above all, not business as usual.

It is based on one of your outstanding ministerial selections that I write this personal letter to you.

My Presido, please tell all them brown nosed praise singers, called politicians to hands off meddling and interrupting the flow of our Honorable Minister of Petroleum. Dr Ibe Kachikwu. We are all aware of the plots, nonsensical, local and ethnic intrigues called politics being thrown up to tamper with Ibe Kachikwu’s position. I warn that a stop must be put to this. We all know that corruption is fighting back the war against corruption. With the changes I have seen in NNPC and my personal interaction with this outstanding Nigerian of great repute, a humble, brilliant, intelligent and an outstanding scholar; one of the few patriots in your cabinet, it will be a disaster if we lose him. You know this is no lie.

While I don’t want to tow the line of ethnic or tribal propaganda, those claiming that this call for Kachikwu’s sack is entirely an ethnic proclivity may not be far from the truth, going by precedence we all know. At this stage and age of our democracy, such childish tendencies and immaturity ought to be dealt away with, if we all truly hold the interest of this nation dear. These useless yahoo yahoo leaders should desist from their frivolous, devisive, tribal, and ethnic politics and allow him do his job basically.

As a result of corruption, we have found round pegs in square holes; because of corruption, thieves and criminals took over leadership and because of corruption, our economy is in this mess. Even with your fight Sai Baba, you can see that winning the battle against corruption is not an easy one; it is worse than BokoHaram.

It is clear that most of the people responsible for our economic woes are fighting back, not knowing what you may do next. In my opinion, this is one of the ways they’re putting up the fight: they want to rid your government of the few who can make visible impact in a system that has hitherto been jeopardized.

These unscrupulous elements must not be allowed to find you predictable, they must not be able to hold you hostage in your own administration, they must not turn you to a mere stooge as it was the case in Nigeria in not too distant past. You no be zombie.

Let those who know the job be allowed to do it or else, I will be forced to mobilize 2,000,000 protesters to march against this useless agitation.

Enough is enough, you are the President, please take charge.

What you decide to do next will determine, to a great extent, how this Naija ship is steered.

We are all watching, and waiting.

Thank you Your Excellency, for reading.

Best Regards,

Charles ‘CharlyBoy’ Oputa.

http://charlyboy.me/my-dear-presido/

[img]http://cdn.thenigerianvoice.com/thumb.aspx?img=XGltYWdlc1xjb250ZW50XHR5cGI2MmVycTRfZHNjXzQ5NDFyZXNpemVkMi5qcGd8MzAw[/img][img]http://3.bp..com/-jrTOxNt3yMs/VWo4Oo51feI/AAAAAAAACWY/RkJmITWczqs/s1600/Muhammadu_Buhari_-_Chatham_House.jpg[/img]

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CharlyBoy Writes Open Letter To Buhari by SleekAbokii: 12:20pm On Mar 30, 2016
Tinubu a useless Yahoo Yahoo leader!

159 Likes 14 Shares

Re: CharlyBoy Writes Open Letter To Buhari by Emychikele(m): 12:37pm On Mar 30, 2016
Finally, sycophancy is more than what I used to think it to be.

10 Likes

Re: CharlyBoy Writes Open Letter To Buhari by woodboi(m): 12:38pm On Mar 30, 2016
That 2million strikes me most, is he the one feeding them or he will just call 2 million people and command them.... oya march to Abuja!

45 Likes 7 Shares

Re: CharlyBoy Writes Open Letter To Buhari by Nobody: 12:42pm On Mar 30, 2016
Hmm. Ok.
Re: CharlyBoy Writes Open Letter To Buhari by ijedallar: 12:58pm On Mar 30, 2016
Good write up

19 Likes

Re: CharlyBoy Writes Open Letter To Buhari by Ojiofor: 1:10pm On Mar 30, 2016
Tinubu want to get rid of the only shining star in bubu's government out of tribalism.

90 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CharlyBoy Writes Open Letter To Buhari by ashjay001(m): 1:24pm On Mar 30, 2016
woodboi:
That 2million strikes me most, is he the one feeding them or he will just call 2 million people and command them.... oya march to Abuja!

He is not called 'd AreaFather' for nothing! Those bike men in lagos will ride to abj on his say so!

100 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CharlyBoy Writes Open Letter To Buhari by ashjay001(m): 1:25pm On Mar 30, 2016
woodboi:

He is not called 'd AreaFather' for nothing! Those bike men in lagos will ride to abj on his say so!

U need to see him n them in his haydays, trooping all over lagos with a convoy(as far as d eye can see) of bike men!

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: CharlyBoy Writes Open Letter To Buhari by babamadiba(m): 2:32pm On Mar 30, 2016
We wey get sense, we understand this thing, only weed smoking kids that are still been fed by their parents won't.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CharlyBoy Writes Open Letter To Buhari by lordempire(m): 2:32pm On Mar 30, 2016
Beautiful piece, I pray for this country everyday. May God lead us to victory!

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CharlyBoy Writes Open Letter To Buhari by steph2sweet(f): 2:32pm On Mar 30, 2016
What a messed up administration. Mr Charly is so on point.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CharlyBoy Writes Open Letter To Buhari by makingsense(m): 2:33pm On Mar 30, 2016
babamadiba:

Space booker

Meanwhile Charly man sorry boy you still day so,, Abeg start all those your weird dressing so that nairaland front page go start day celebrate you again grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: CharlyBoy Writes Open Letter To Buhari by obailala(m): 2:33pm On Mar 30, 2016
Seen...
Re: CharlyBoy Writes Open Letter To Buhari by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 2:33pm On Mar 30, 2016
If I knw i for no book dis space!

Notin concern me 4 wetin C.Boy write there.

Wetin concern me na lite, fuel nd good economy (make money dey)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CharlyBoy Writes Open Letter To Buhari by mile12crises: 2:33pm On Mar 30, 2016
Area father himself....

Pls talk sense into that senseless mallam occupying aso rock

16 Likes

Re: CharlyBoy Writes Open Letter To Buhari by Opinedecandid(m): 2:33pm On Mar 30, 2016
The reason why the hopes of many are dashed and shall remain unrealised is because they had a spec in their eyes that presented the Buhari we all know to them as the Saviour.

Truth, the man can't do otherwise. He can't give what he doesn't have. Period!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CharlyBoy Writes Open Letter To Buhari by HRich(m): 2:34pm On Mar 30, 2016
I will read it at Night

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CharlyBoy Writes Open Letter To Buhari by Yinkatolu: 2:34pm On Mar 30, 2016
Who dey stay for gbagada here
Re: CharlyBoy Writes Open Letter To Buhari by godman01(m): 2:34pm On Mar 30, 2016
Good one from this man this time...

1 Like

Re: CharlyBoy Writes Open Letter To Buhari by Queennikky(f): 2:34pm On Mar 30, 2016
Lol.... The caption doh grin "you no be zombie" grin

4 Likes

Re: CharlyBoy Writes Open Letter To Buhari by Adalberto(m): 2:35pm On Mar 30, 2016
who is charly boy no worry, Mr President won't even read it sef...
Re: CharlyBoy Writes Open Letter To Buhari by Nobody: 2:36pm On Mar 30, 2016
NIGERIA: A SHITSTORY

It was a long time ago, when pit latrines were still in vogue, and 18 was considered old...For a lady.

But this story isn't about the feminine gender, or feminism; those are definitely not shitty topics.

You see, I'd like to discuss with you something that was a part of our forebears' morning roster. As they said in those days : "An early trip to the pit, makes the farm a happy place", "He who gets to the pit last, does not want breakfast", "Early to drop off, early to set off"..

So, just as the sun rose, the shit level in pit buckets around the neighbourhood rose, blessed abundantly by the orifices of the general population.

These pit latrines had to be regularly emptied. Of course, if you decided not to, it was totally up to you. I will spare the readers the details; this article is shitty enough already.

So, erm, why would any reasonable being spend time discussing pit latrines as a relic of our past?

Well, because the analogy is relevant to what we experience today as Nigerians. NIGERIA is indeed a pit latrine, and I say this with all respect to my motherland and the great nations that form it. All the constituents trapped in this shitty hell hole, some larger than the others, some little like peanuts, others just literally all over the place.

Every country is indeed a pit latrine, better countries just have less shit in them. No country is perfect, but just like a public toilet, the less ooze, the better.

We have been through a lot of shit; a civil war, numerous tribal conflicts. Yet we somehow moved beyond this and the darkness that was Abacha's glasses. Got democracy, dug a General out of a shithole and installed him as President. The world hailed our nascent democracy, we congratulated ourselves and hoped for a bright future. New government, same old shit.

Odi, Political assassinations, Tafa Balogun, failed third term bid, Atiku, MEND and unMEND. The Old General was doing his best in a shitty situation. Maybe adding more shit would make the old shit disappear. Maybe yelling 'Pdp power' at it would make the ooze smell like blueberries and all those oyibo fruits. For all his efforts, the Old General got a library for himself. Not a shitty piece of reward if you ask me. And he became a shitsman. Or was it, statesman.

That came and went. And in came the same old shit, but this time neatly and brilliantly packaged in a 7 point menu, sorry, agenda. In hindsight we should have known. How could one so frail looking not have his life snuffed out by the ooze from that which the failed 3rd term General handed him?
My people, that is how 7 Point Agenda went abroad for check-up and didn't show up until his funeral. Who say death no carry passport?

And, finding ourselves in another shitty situation, we installed a fisherman and zoologist, to, erhh, handle our shit.

And he was humble. And used to be shoeless. And as proof of his humble beginnings, he showed us his home state which he had governed for some years. The lack of infrastructure and social amenities there was testament to his humility, he said. He convinced us that the billions the state earned from the government had been spent frugally because the people were a humble people. Always saving cost. Why wear shoes when you have feet? Be frugal, he told us. And we were happy. And we voted him in.

And he gave us lessons in frugality. He saved the government money by asking us to spend more. And we cried and wailed. And he heard our pleas, and they sounded like music to his ears. So he went dancing while Boko Haram ravaged. And then our Patience wore out. And we cursed our Luck.

We looked at ourselves. And elected the most glamorous shit amongst ourselves. We told ourselves “that shit no dey smell, him no be lyk those other shit”........

50 Likes 8 Shares

Re: CharlyBoy Writes Open Letter To Buhari by gr8gem(f): 2:36pm On Mar 30, 2016
I just dey lazy to comment dis days, sum body tell me why
Re: CharlyBoy Writes Open Letter To Buhari by mencade5(m): 2:36pm On Mar 30, 2016
I was once a zombie but i have given my life to wailers.

I regret voting fr buhari in the last election. He is a disappointment.

59 Likes 5 Shares

Re: CharlyBoy Writes Open Letter To Buhari by ikombe: 2:36pm On Mar 30, 2016
Adalberto:
who is charly boy no worry, Mr President won't even read it sef...
under which rock have you been living

8 Likes

Re: CharlyBoy Writes Open Letter To Buhari by hucienda: 2:36pm On Mar 30, 2016
cheesy

zombie oh zombie... Fela #Respect

So indirectly speaking, Jagaban na one of the useless Yahoo Yahoo leaders? *ouch!*

4 Likes

Re: CharlyBoy Writes Open Letter To Buhari by Kennitrust(m): 2:37pm On Mar 30, 2016
Atlas, for once this guy look responsible.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Patience Jonathan With Some Politicians In Rivers State (Photos) / Why Former Emir Sanusi’s Portrait Was Reintroduced At Coronation Hall / Northern Governors, Soyinka Stoned At Port-Harcourt Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.