Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,056 members, 7,818,164 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

Naira Exchange Rates Today - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Exchange Rates Today (46184 Views)

Naira Exchange Rates Today / Naira Exchange Rates Today / Naira Exchange Rates Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Exchange Rates Today by dantori(m): 4:32pm On Mar 30, 2016
Iyke1998:
Hmm
I just dey think of the curse wey I go lay on Buhari.
*still thinking*
oya curse make e follow ur papa and mama at home idiat goat chimpanzee
Re: Naira Exchange Rates Today by loomer: 4:38pm On Mar 30, 2016
fuzek:
Loomer I have Euro for sale. Are you interested?

Na how much an why should I trust you?
Re: Naira Exchange Rates Today by Nobody: 6:47pm On Mar 30, 2016
Olacombs23:
canadian dollar nko?
Same question wey dey my mind... Abeg, wetin be the exchange rate
Re: Naira Exchange Rates Today by rafcrown(m): 9:50pm On Mar 30, 2016
TRY THE NEAREST ABOKI JOINT.
loomer:
Who get euro for sale?
Re: Naira Exchange Rates Today by loomer: 6:31am On Mar 31, 2016
rafcrown:
TRY THE NEAREST ABOKI JOINT.

Ok sir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Exchange Rates Today by fredbuky(m): 7:27am On Mar 31, 2016
lol
change
Re: Naira Exchange Rates Today by ekeroyal(m): 9:23am On Mar 31, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

He actually did not make that promise.

He did promise to make the naira on par with the dollar....but he did not say he would INSTANTLY DO IT.

Which are two different things (I know you would chant excuses....so let me explain).

When PMB took over....he did state that he would diversify the economy (So far it is talk...and that leaves me dissapointed somewhat....but you cannot diversify the economy in 10 months....it is a process).

So far...he is talking agric (which does not please me....I prefer industries).

He has also targetted 10000MW by 2019.

All these = increased local manufacturing= less dollar exodus out of Nigeria= Nigerian currency getting stronger again.

(That's his idea).

As for me....

1.I would sack excess civil servants and raise fuel prices,and end educaiton subsides.

2.I would increase taxes and agressively colelct taxes

3.Ban imports of things we can make.

4.Restrict forex to just education, and fuel import.Meanwhile build three refineries.

5.Increase generation to 20000 over 10 years.

6.Promote industries agressively.Forget oil and agric.

So you see....PMB is not aggresive enough for me.

While I must commend you on writing intelligently in your previous posts, I will call you out on a few issues:

I would be glad if you could itemise your "would be line of actions" correctly.

You cannot sack "excess" civil servants overnight. Don't forget you'd have to pay them off, except you have a long list of allegations against them so they could be dismissed and charged to court without payoff. Else sacking them would further plunge the country into imperious dungeon. Why would you raise fuel prices and take out education subsidies?

I think Nigeria is suffering to much because Buhari is pointlessly aggressive and it's obviously taking us to no where. He should learn to talk less and start small. Then be steadily progressive.

Nigeria is experiencing all the bad things now. And he's not taking that into consideration. I expected so much from him. Even if am not a politician, he has failed, so far. If he has a drawing board let him quickly go back to it, with more sensible thinkers.

There was something he started with Central bank that I loved and suddenly he stopped it, that is, stopping banks from selling forex to customers. I don't understand why foreign currencies should be a legal tender in a country as big as Nigeria. Let Nigerians be concerned about Naira and let the others take care of themselves. Let Nigerians own only Naira accounts and if they have good reason(s) to pay in other currencies, the banks should work that out. If that is done, Naira would gain lots of lost grounds. That is one thing that can help the economy. It would also help check corrupt leaders. Then the economy can start recuperating.

He should have worked out something with owners/operators of illegal refineries instead of destroying them overnight. Importation and NNPC alone have never satisfied Nigeria's fuel & diesel consumption, at least in recent years, especially in the lower delta areas. Or if he wants to remain and really go clean, he should ensure that Nigeria got proper working refineries, then gradually sweep the illegal ones away. By so doing, the country won't be facing too many troubles. Jobs won't be lost overnight.

What is happening the to Nigerian oil industry is that many people are out of job, both those who work legally and illegally. On top of that, nobody is buying the crude. So why not start refining and using it.

I obviously have loads of "rubbish" to say but I'd stop here. Enjoy yourself people.

Good morning.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shippyme Customer Care Thread On Nairaland / Nigerian Man In Ghana Poses With Bundles Of Money: My First Time Of Seeing Money / Chinese Man Speaking Complete Igbo To His Nigerian Customer In China(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.