Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

Should I Take His Money - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Should I Take His Money (875 Views)

Ugandan Man Storms Police Station With Rats That Ate His Money In A Box. Photo / Gunmen Kill Nigerian Man In Mozambique, Steal His Money, Bury Him In Bush (Graph / Man Injures His Househelp In Lagos For Stealing His Money (Graphic pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Take His Money by martyns303(m): 1:23pm On Mar 30, 2016
I know a lot of people are going to call me several names after reading this, I however want those with a bit of decency in them to advice accordingly.

I have this friend who is doing very well, so well sometimes one wonders if it is the same job that is giving him this much money.

2 week ago he said he wants to introduce me to someone, he went on to tell me the purpose of the person. Basically this person is moving money, the money will be transferred to my account from the bank, I will then transfer it to another account given to me, I get to keep 10% of whatever is moved into my account. So if N10m is moved, I get go keep N1m and I agreed.

Me and the guy has been talking on BBM, he doesn't use his profile pics and uses a moniker. After much talking, he says he trust me and being introduced by this my friend. Yesterday the money was transferred to me, at first I thought it was a joke, I had to cross check my balance again.

I called my guy and told him that I have got alert, and this is where the problem arises, he advised we "die" the money and that the guy can't do anything, I asked him if he has ever "died" money sent to him before, he said no, but that this kind amount has never been sent to him before. This money is enough to make me a made man for life, even if it shared by two. Even my original 10% cut is a lot. This guy has been telling me how it takes guts to make it in life, that this is my one opportunity to make it big in life. At the sane time, I don't think there is anybody that will loose this kind money and not "do anything about it". The money is worth the risk I won't lie, I just fear for my safety.
Re: Should I Take His Money by Nobody: 1:25pm On Mar 30, 2016
Hmmmmm! This is a very tough one, First and foremost everything about this deal is a scam and an illegitimate biz and now the 2nd twist/angle your friend brought into it made it worse. I personally believe that even with your 10% on the long run you will still be searched for when 'breeze blow the fowl yansh' and if caught you may go to jail, and to now go with running away with the total money means not only going to jail but getting shot in the head as well. This is my personal opinion . . . . . . . But just hold on a while, some crazy, bad, non-emotional niggas here will still come to give you there professional advice. We have all sort of peeps here, even the person that sent the money to you may be reading this and just shaking his head for you!!! All the best Martyns!!!
Re: Should I Take His Money by Nobody: 1:53pm On Mar 30, 2016
Martins!!! U dey carry me play!! If I no see my money before friday....?? You know how many people don die for the sake of this money!! Lemme just assume you are joking
Re: Should I Take His Money by vipez(f): 1:53pm On Mar 30, 2016
return the money ooo...

you shouldn't have accepted he deal at first place ooo
Re: Should I Take His Money by Monalisa185(f): 1:58pm On Mar 30, 2016
if anything happens tomorrow, the guy that put that silly idea into your head won't be there for you ooo... you've already accepted to do the deal, move the money and keep your cut, but I hope when that money is being traced, you won't get into trouble
Re: Should I Take His Money by pweetychyka(f): 2:02pm On Mar 30, 2016
Mmmmmm... I feel like it's a Test of Trust!

But then you must have to be very careful!
1. How well do u trust that friend of yours?
2. What kind of biz does d person who transferred the money into your acct does? undecided undecided
3. Don't you think someday EFCC will come looking for you with the way they want to start transferring money into your acct?
4. If dat guy can transfer money into ur acct, Y didn't the guy transfer it straight to d acct at which u are asked to transfer 90% of the money into?

Boss.... Think twice and be wise undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Should I Take His Money by Nobody: 2:05pm On Mar 30, 2016
tobimillar:
Martins!!! U dey carry me play!! If I no see my money before friday....?? You know how many people don die for the sake of this money!! Lemme just assume you are joking
. . . . You see, e fit be true o!
Re: Should I Take His Money by martyns303(m): 2:12pm On Mar 30, 2016
pweetychyka:
Mmmmmm... I feel like it's a Test of Trust!

But then you must have to be very careful!
1. How well do u trust that friend of yours?
2. What kind of biz does d person who transferred the money into your acct does? undecided undecided
3. Don't you think someday EFCC will come looking for you with the way they want to start transferring money into your acct?
4. If dat guy can transfer money into ur acct, Y didn't the guy transfer it straight to d acct at which u are asked to transfer 90% of the money into?

Boss.... Think twice and be wise undecided undecided undecided

I was able to put one and one together, the money is office money, they inflate prices and service and then move some.
Re: Should I Take His Money by pweetychyka(f): 2:50pm On Mar 30, 2016
martyns303:

I was able to put one and one together, the money is office money, they inflate prices and service and then move some.

Lemme ask this... Its an office money right?

Doesn't the company have an acct? Or does it mean no executive member has a current acct where such amount of money can be transferred?

Then If the answer is not on the angle that can give u safer conclusion to wat you want, then dat money is on the illegal book!

#akoba,adaba,olohunmajariiii angry

1 Like

Re: Should I Take His Money by Ximonak: 3:30pm On Mar 30, 2016
Since you agreed, I guess you name was used as one of the clients(since they inflated prices of things) so it's looks legit to the accountant(company), because if the money was transferred directly to your friend account it would have caused a red flag (i guess your friend also works in the same company with the guy that is sending the money but a junior)

My advice: hope you have documented/recorded evidence/discussion that shows you where told it was just a normal transfer in case EFCC show up later

If you don't have evidence, transfer it back to the guy that sent the money, tell them you had a change of mind(stand on it).
For that your friend, disassociate yourself from him(what kind of friends do you roll with that don't stand on their words ) he will betray you for 30pieces of copper undecided

1 Like

Re: Should I Take His Money by pweetychyka(f): 7:56pm On Mar 30, 2016
Ximonak:
Since you agreed, I guess you name was used as one of the clients(since they inflated prices of things) so it's looks legit to the accountant(company), because if the money was transferred directly to your friend account it would have caused a red flag (i guess your friend also works in the same company with the guy that is sending the money but a junior)

My advice: hope you have documented/recorded evidence/discussion that shows you where told it was just a normal transfer in case EFCC show up later

If you don't have evidence, transfer it back to the guy that sent the money, tell them you had a change of mind(stand on it).
For that your friend, disassociate yourself from ahim(what kind of friends do you roll with that don't stand on their words ) he will betray you for 30pieces of copper undecided

martyns303, u really need to see dis ooooo!
Bro u jes said it all here.....documentation is really necessary

1 Like

Re: Should I Take His Money by Nobody: 6:21am On Mar 31, 2016
The truth of the matter is that this is not a legitimate deal. Before the next three weeks, there MUST be a charge back and the money will be traced to your account. The guy just used your brain to cover his traces because since the introduction of BVN it has been very difficult for scammers to transact via local accounts. Dnt give him that money, keep it for your safety and keep your chat with him because police must surely come after you.

I will also encourage you to go to the bank and report so they can help you trace the source of the money.

Have you asked yourself this question:
Why didn't the guy present his account and take the 10%?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Any Police Officer Or Soldier Here? I Need Your Help / Missing Phone..... HELP!!! / See This First Sect Of Gang Robbers That Burgled The Oba Market Stores In Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.