Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,619 members, 7,816,543 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:55 PM

Douglas Rd, Owerri, Imo State. Dirty(photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Douglas Rd, Owerri, Imo State. Dirty(photos) (4494 Views)

A Clarion Call To Gov Ambode: Lagos Is Getting Dirty - Photos / Nnamdi Kanu And His Supporters At Douglas Road, Ekeonunwa Market Owerri (Photos) / Douglas Road Owerri After PDP Cleared The Nasty Dumpsite (Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Douglas Rd, Owerri, Imo State. Dirty(photos) by Nobody: 2:15pm On Mar 30, 2016
I'm presently participating in the NYSC scheme in IMO state, Owerri precisely and I must confess I'm not enjoying my stay one bit! Transportation is quite high in Owerri for those of us who stay here would know what I'm saying. Almost half my monthly allowance is spent on transportation alone I'm sure no Corper out there would want that. Now to the real issue...

The images below are pictures I took when returning from my monthly clearance and this a Rd I use on daily basis to my PPA and it's been bothering me.

Now, I wonder what the IMO state govt who claims to be functioning is doing about it. There are so many bad roads in the town... or is it the Rd leading to where I stay (Ihiagwa) which is in a sorry state too. There are so many broken down vehicles. The refuse dump sites are just too much and the incessant burning of these dirt most of the time in broad day light is just crazy! Very bad for the health for anyone living there.
I listen to the radio and I always hear Governor say he's on a RESCUE MISSION, from who precisely? Is this not his 2nd tenure. He's probably rescuing himself from himself I think. LOL. I can't help but laugh because it seems like MISSION IMPOSSIBLE to me.

Well, enough of my wailing now.
Nigerians are only asking for good infrastructure and not to put food on their table... is that too much to ask for from the government?

I think it's only in Nigeria where a government would build Roads for instance, then come on air to make noise about what they've done like they're doing Nigerians a favour... Like whatdafuck! is that not what they're meant to do? Basic infrastructure is supposed to b a norm in any functioning modern society.
I rest my case here.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Douglas Rd, Owerri, Imo State. Dirty(photos) by richidinho(m): 2:31pm On Mar 30, 2016
This is one of the most important road in the state capital, well they voted him

May be they prefer this

1 Like

Re: Douglas Rd, Owerri, Imo State. Dirty(photos) by obailala(m): 2:40pm On Mar 30, 2016
Cleaning/clearing this Douglas road might just involve moving the market.
Re: Douglas Rd, Owerri, Imo State. Dirty(photos) by Queennikky(f): 2:40pm On Mar 30, 2016
Can you imagine..... That place is almost a public dump

4 Likes

Re: Douglas Rd, Owerri, Imo State. Dirty(photos) by christejames(m): 2:46pm On Mar 30, 2016
well, let us expect a new Okorocha since he claims he has repented and given his life to Christ...

1 Like

Re: Douglas Rd, Owerri, Imo State. Dirty(photos) by Movic1(m): 2:53pm On Mar 30, 2016
udondeymadt:
I'm presently participating in the NYSC scheme in IMO state, Owerri precisely and I must confess I'm not enjoying my stay one bit! Transportation is quite high in Owerri for those of us who stay here would know what I'm saying. Almost half my monthly allowance is spent on transportation alone I'm sure no Corper out there would want that. Now to the real issue...

The images below are pictures I took when returning from my monthly clearance and this a Rd I use on daily basis to my PPA and it's been bothering me.

Now, I wonder what the IMO state govt who claims to be functioning is doing about it. There are so many bad roads in the town... or is it the Rd leading to where I stay (Ihiagwa) which is in a sorry state too. There are so many broken down vehicles. The refuse dump sites are just too much and the incessant burning of these dirt most of the time in broad day light is just crazy! Very bad for the health for anyone living there.
I listen to the radio and I always hear Governor say he's on a RESCUE MISSION, from who precisely? Is this not his 2nd tenure. He's probably rescuing himself from himself I think. LOL. I can't help but laugh because it seems like MISSION IMPOSSIBLE to me.

Nigerians are only asking for good infrastructure and not to put food on their table... is that too much to ask for from the government?

I think it's only in Nigeria where a government would build Roads for instance, then come on air to make noise about what they've done like they're doing Nigerians a favour... Like whatdafuck! is that not what they're meant to do? Basic infrastructure is supposed to b a norm in any functioning modern society.
I rest my case here.

Hope you are not yoruba,before some peeps from that part/side of the country descend on you ? Just watch and see,some of them will start by uploading ancient ibadan piz

3 Likes

Re: Douglas Rd, Owerri, Imo State. Dirty(photos) by excellencyabia1: 2:54pm On Mar 30, 2016
Change for mouth
Re: Douglas Rd, Owerri, Imo State. Dirty(photos) by explorer250(m): 3:09pm On Mar 30, 2016
op, you are a liar. this is not a recent pics. I also use this road because I am an engineering student in futo. I travelled through this road yesterday and it was not like this. The only place in imo state that is somehow dirty is along that ihiagwa road that you live and that is because it is a local community in the outskirts of owerri and there is an erosion site there where refuse is dumped which is something normal in every state in nigeria. you people pretend as if there are no other dirty places where dirt is dumped in other states, why single out Igbo states. op can you swear to me that outside that spoilt road and erosion site where refuse is dumped after fed poly nakede, that there is another dirty place in imo state?

This is how you guys condemned abia state and tagged it the dirtiest state in Nigeria meanwhile I have been to places in Lagos that is dirtier than aba. people like you are the reason why such stereotypes is used in aba and it has been accepted by the general public as the truth meanwhile it isn't.

STOP THIS NONSENSE NOW SO THAT YOU WONT CONDEM OWERRI TO THE STATUS OF DIRTY CITY JUST LIKE YOU GUYS DID TO ABA.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Douglas Rd, Owerri, Imo State. Dirty(photos) by Nobody: 3:32pm On Mar 30, 2016
explorer250:
op, you are a liar. this is not a recent pics. I also use this road because I am an engineering student in futo. I travelled through this road yesterday and it was not like this. The only place in imo state that is somehow dirty is along that ihiagwa road that you live and that is because it is a local community in the outskirts of owerri and there is an erosion site there where refuse is dumped which is something normal in every state in nigeria. you people pretend as if there are no other dirty places where dirt is dumped in other states, why single out Igbo states. op can you swear to me that outside that spoilt road and erosion site where refuse is dumped after fed poly nakede, that there is another dirty place in imo state?

This is how you guys condemned abia state and tagged it the dirtiest state in Nigeria meanwhile I have been to places in Lagos that is dirtier than aba. people like you are the reason why such stereotypes is used in aba and it has been accepted by the general public as the truth meanwhile it isn't.

STOP THIS NONSENSE NOW SO THAT YOU WONT CONDEM OWERRI TO THE STATUS OF DIRTY CITY JUST LIKE YOU GUYS DID TO ABA.
obviously you're not the real explorer because u did not sound intelligent in your comment. Probably you're always blindfolded whenever u use that Douglas Rd. Look at those photos again and tell me it's not Douglas Rd? What am I to gain by lying about your state? The truth is always bitter I know... But place is a serious mess! An eye sore!! I'm very sure imolites are not happy with the present state of things in that state. For the record I'm Igbo, Abia State actually so don't think I'm trying to badmouth your state. I say things the way I see it, no sugar coating.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Douglas Rd, Owerri, Imo State. Dirty(photos) by Nobody: 3:51pm On Mar 30, 2016
Movic1:

Hope you are not yoruba,before some peeps from that part/side of the country descend on you ? Just watch and see,some of them will start by uploading ancient ibadan piz
na so oh bro.. u never talk finish the ignorant ones done dey attack me already.

1 Like

Re: Douglas Rd, Owerri, Imo State. Dirty(photos) by Ralphdan(m): 4:01pm On Mar 30, 2016
Thats a usual sight of most markets in Nigeria.
Stop hating!
Re: Douglas Rd, Owerri, Imo State. Dirty(photos) by explorer250(m): 4:06pm On Mar 30, 2016
udondeymadt:
obviously you're not the real explorer because u did not sound intelligent in your comment. Probably you're always blindfolded whenever u use that Douglas Rd. Look at those photos again and tell me it's not Douglas Rd? What am I to gain by lying about your state? The truth is always bitter I know... But place is a serious mess! An eye sore!! I'm very sure imolites are not happy with the present state of things in that state. For the record I'm Igbo, Abia State actually so don't think I'm trying to badmouth your state. I say things the way I see it, no sugar coating.

for the records, I am not an impolite but from rivers.

I never said that the place is not Douglass but what I am saying is that the pics is not recent because I used that road recently.

on a more serious note, you guys should stop creating threads that humiliates Igbo states it is not good no matter what. I live in aba abia state. it was as a result of apga /PDP politics that made Nigerians to believe that aba is very dirty. you see Igbos posting pictures to humiliate aba more than they should. if we try to criticise we should do that moderately and not degrade ourselves in eyes of other Nigerians who are ever ready to laugh and mock us.

I don't know what happened to our patriotism for igboland.
Re: Douglas Rd, Owerri, Imo State. Dirty(photos) by Nobody: 4:14pm On Mar 30, 2016
Ralphdan:
Thats a usual sight of most markets in Nigeria.
Stop hating!
haha this is no market. It's a road. Traders have taken over the roads. Some roads are now markets... it's crazy. You should come see for yourself oh. That Rd needs to be cleansed from traders bcus it's a popular Route.

1 Like

Re: Douglas Rd, Owerri, Imo State. Dirty(photos) by Nobody: 4:22pm On Mar 30, 2016
explorer250:

for the records, I am not an impolite but from rivers.

I never said that the place is not Douglass but what I am saying is that the pics is not recent because I used that road recently.

on a more serious note, you guys should stop creating threads that humiliates Igbo states it is not good no matter what. I live in aba abia state. it was as a result of apga /PDP politics that made Nigerians to believe that aba is very dirty. you see Igbos posting pictures to humiliate aba more than they should. if we try to criticise we should do that moderately and not degrade ourselves in eyes of other Nigerians who are ever ready to laugh and mock us.

I don't know what happened to our patriotism for igboland.
I took the pictures today and I got more. Photos like this wld draw the attention of the govt. to do the needful asap! We need to say things the way they are. If it's bad it's bad, if it's good it's good. I have heard u anyway. Let's not debate over this.

2 Likes

Re: Douglas Rd, Owerri, Imo State. Dirty(photos) by Ralphdan(m): 4:31pm On Mar 30, 2016
udondeymadt:
haha this is no market. It's a road. Traders have taken over the roads. Some roads are now markets... it's crazy. You should come see for yourself oh. That Rd needs to be cleansed from traders bcus it's a popular Route.

But dats Douglas now.
Re: Douglas Rd, Owerri, Imo State. Dirty(photos) by Abagworo(m): 5:01pm On Mar 30, 2016
udondeymadt:
I took the pictures today and I got more. Photos like this wld draw the attention of the govt. to do the needful asap! We need to say things the way they are. If it's bad it's bad, if it's good it's good. I have heard u anyway. Let's not debate over this.

You are right on the state of Douglas Road but in addition to the high garbage generation and street trading, there is very high crime rate in that vicinity. Politics is holding that market from being moved to a more spacious and condusive environment.

However your photo does not depict the level of refuse found in every street of such activity across Nigeria. It is well managed IMHO and nothing better can be achieved until that Main Market and Amawusa market is moved off town.

Meanwhile this pic was taken on same Douglas Road barely 2 days ago.

1 Like

Re: Douglas Rd, Owerri, Imo State. Dirty(photos) by Nobody: 5:45pm On Mar 30, 2016
Abagworo:

You are right on the state of Douglas Road but in addition to the high garbage generation and street trading, there is very high crime rate in that vicinity. Politics is holding that market from being moved to a more spacious and condusive environment.

However your photo does not depict the level of refuse found in every street of such activity across Nigeria. It is well managed IMHO and nothing better can be achieved until that Main Market and Amawusa market is moved off town.

Meanwhile this pic was taken on same Douglas Road barely 2 days ago.
haha this can't be Douglas Rd. Who's gidi traffic? They can get paid by govt officials to deceive the public. Even Explorer who argued with me won't believe that's Douglas. This could be another area in Owerri pls. I say what I see.
Re: Douglas Rd, Owerri, Imo State. Dirty(photos) by Abagworo(m): 5:49pm On Mar 30, 2016
udondeymadt:
haha this can't be Douglas Rd. Who's gidi traffic? They can get paid by govt officials to deceive the public. Even Explorer who argued with me won't believe that's Douglas. This could be another area in Owerri pls. I say what I see.

Thats Ama JK by Nepa Office. Its Douglas Road near Bank Road junction.
Re: Douglas Rd, Owerri, Imo State. Dirty(photos) by Beremx(f): 5:56pm On Mar 30, 2016
udondeymadt:
You don dey madt abi? You don't know Douglas road again? ok continue!
Re: Douglas Rd, Owerri, Imo State. Dirty(photos) by Nobody: 6:25pm On Mar 30, 2016
Beremx:
without dirt Douglas Rd ain't complete. smiley
Beremx:
without dirt Douglas Rd ain't complete.
Re: Douglas Rd, Owerri, Imo State. Dirty(photos) by Nobody: 1:13pm On Mar 31, 2016
Where's Explorer dat claims this is not Douglas. Come & see oh... I took more exclusive photos today after my cds.

Re: Douglas Rd, Owerri, Imo State. Dirty(photos) by Nobody: 1:26pm On Mar 31, 2016
See the burnt refuse just on the road side. Crazy!

Re: Douglas Rd, Owerri, Imo State. Dirty(photos) by Holyrule(m): 6:23pm On Jun 25, 2016
Reading posts of people wanting to Rip the op apart for posting and saying the truth makes me laugh and sick. If i didn't know Douglas i would have signified. But that is douglas for sure. Lets pls call a spade a spade. Wonder why i prefer to use relief market instead.

1 Like

Re: Douglas Rd, Owerri, Imo State. Dirty(photos) by DesChyko: 8:08pm On Jun 25, 2016
God bless this poster. If not for him, it would have looked as if this is a campaign against the administration.
Re: Douglas Rd, Owerri, Imo State. Dirty(photos) by temptnow: 8:24pm On Jun 25, 2016
Those nice pictures some people are posting here is ama JK . Douglas road is a disgrace. Okoroawusa is useless
Re: Douglas Rd, Owerri, Imo State. Dirty(photos) by niceone3(m): 9:30pm On Jun 25, 2016
this is a huge mischief from the op. there is no state in Nigeria that don't have a gheto so singling Imo state because of that bad spot is really an unfair thing to do. I still believe that Imo and Owerri in particular still remain one of the most beautiful cities in Nigeria and city with one of the least ghettos in the county
Re: Douglas Rd, Owerri, Imo State. Dirty(photos) by Pavarottii(m): 10:10pm On Jun 25, 2016
They are places like this in every state, especially [size=15pt]LAGOS STATE.[/size]
Re: Douglas Rd, Owerri, Imo State. Dirty(photos) by Cjrane2: 5:21pm On Jun 26, 2016
udondeymadt:

I rest my case here.

[size=14pt]They just need to relocate the Owerri market from the city center on Douglas road.

They should find a massive expanse of land along Egbu road and develop a modern international market. Market on Douglas road is not only inappropriate, but unsustainable.
[/size]

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Truth About The Abuja Kaduna Rail Way - GEJ Completed It / 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East / The Effects Of Ekweremadu's Attack That Igbo Don't Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.