Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,200 members, 7,845,956 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

How Nigerian Government Imposed "Illegal" Electricity Tariff On Nigerians - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Nigerian Government Imposed "Illegal" Electricity Tariff On Nigerians (19850 Views)

Kogi Government Imposed Curfew In Kogi State For 24hours / Buhari Increase Tariff On Anti-malaria & Antibiotics, What A Devil In Power / NLC To Declare Nationwide Strike Against Electricity Tariff Hike, Fuel Scarcity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Nigerian Government Imposed "Illegal" Electricity Tariff On Nigerians by Nobody: 4:08pm On Mar 30, 2016
Instead Nerc to be regulating, she is fixing price
Re: How Nigerian Government Imposed "Illegal" Electricity Tariff On Nigerians by Pidggin(f): 4:10pm On Mar 30, 2016
Some mentally slow people will still come here and chant APC is better than PDP.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Nigerian Government Imposed "Illegal" Electricity Tariff On Nigerians by christinie(f): 4:10pm On Mar 30, 2016
At this point in time only paid agents can still defend this government of illegality. BUHARI AND HIS COHORTS ARE NOTHING BUT AGENTS OF DARKNESS.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nigerian Government Imposed "Illegal" Electricity Tariff On Nigerians by Gloryroad: 4:10pm On Mar 30, 2016
march Bill 16,900 undecided
Re: How Nigerian Government Imposed "Illegal" Electricity Tariff On Nigerians by Ximonak: 4:22pm On Mar 30, 2016
Feb bill
This bill is for energy used in January 2016
Tariff Rate: 15.63
Consumption: 276KWH (we had only like 6hrs days of January that's all)
Fixed charge: N750
Vat: N253.19

March Bill
This bill if for energy used in February 2016.
No light we don't know why till we heard that it's national strike

Tariff Rate: 24.00 (Fashola will say he doesn't have any idea of it )
Fixed charge: none
Consumption: 269KWH (Fashola will say he cannot make a move to enforce these guys to give us prepaid meter to stop all these paying for darkness, no light from mid Jan to march)
Vat: N322.80

In nigeria Govt don't help but keep killing the masses, imagine increasing the tariff and vat
Your salary is not increasing and they are not providing jobs or better economy
Why Nigeria, why ? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Nigerian Government Imposed "Illegal" Electricity Tariff On Nigerians by rhemaon22(m): 4:25pm On Mar 30, 2016
Most people here on NL just post what they like without knowing anything. When "a house" is almost about collapsing and yu want magic done on Nigeria of today. SMH.

1 Like

Re: How Nigerian Government Imposed "Illegal" Electricity Tariff On Nigerians by blackprowler: 4:27pm On Mar 30, 2016
Black man can not rule himself. This has been said for over a century but we shout the sayers down as racists. We've run away to live in their countries and to be ruled by them and it's going on well for those privileged few. For the rest left back in Nigeria, it's quite clear what I'm talking about, though we might still have the deluded pride to reject it

2 Likes

Re: How Nigerian Government Imposed "Illegal" Electricity Tariff On Nigerians by Chukzyfcb(m): 4:28pm On Mar 30, 2016
Pure scam! At festac here, under eko distribution company(ekedc) we aare charged about 22naira/kilowatt yet Fixed charge of #750 still exist......I was at anambra 2wks ago, and their own charge is 27naira/kilowatt with fixed charge included.
Fashola said a new tariff but without a fixed charge yet he hasn't stuck to his word.
I'm compelled to believe that the south east is paying more for electricity than south west but make I dey observe sha.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Nigerian Government Imposed "Illegal" Electricity Tariff On Nigerians by Nobody: 4:28pm On Mar 30, 2016
One of the reasons i regret voting CHANGE! Fashola is too money-hungry yet NO improvement in power!!!

1 Like

Re: How Nigerian Government Imposed "Illegal" Electricity Tariff On Nigerians by Bibors(m): 4:31pm On Mar 30, 2016
Only in Naija-
So police man go slap Ur face u no go talk?
Army man go weep Ur nyash u go dey look like donkey?
When we should be protesting people are like-
I no wan die.
I get one child
Papa dey for Huz......

Ututu OMA nu oooo
Re: How Nigerian Government Imposed "Illegal" Electricity Tariff On Nigerians by oluwaniyi66(m): 4:31pm On Mar 30, 2016
NaijaEfcc:

Source - http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/201030-nigerian-govt-imposed-illegal-electricity-tariff-citizens.html
what do u know about Electricity Tariff ? ask a power system Engineer to analyze the whole system for you. you will realize there's a need for you to pay more. you people pay to the distribution and generation company leaving the transmission company. In other to stop that, electricity Tariff has to be increased so as to compensate the transmission company. you must also pay for the power loss during transmission not just the power you consume at your different houses( not pay as you consume but pay as they generate ). I hope you understand what i said.
thanks
Re: How Nigerian Government Imposed "Illegal" Electricity Tariff On Nigerians by Leke001: 4:31pm On Mar 30, 2016
change dooooole!...thieves
Re: How Nigerian Government Imposed "Illegal" Electricity Tariff On Nigerians by shearer1982(m): 4:35pm On Mar 30, 2016
Just bought prepaid today N the lady told me that no more service charge that the tariff have been increase what surprise me was that FG said they have put embargo on increment but reverse is the case. God help Nigeria.!

1 Like

Re: How Nigerian Government Imposed "Illegal" Electricity Tariff On Nigerians by magicalx(m): 4:37pm On Mar 30, 2016
oluwaniyi66:
what do u know about Electricity Tariff ? ask a power system Engineer to analyze the whole system for you. you will realize there's a need for you to pay more. you people pay to the distribution and generation company leaving the transmission company. In other to stop that, electricity Tariff has to be increased so as to compensate the transmission company. you must also pay for the power loss during transmission not just the power you consume at your different houses( not pay as you consume but pay as they generate ). I hope you understand what i said.
thanks

This zombie is still living in his fathers house, so pay him no heed...

4 Likes

Re: How Nigerian Government Imposed "Illegal" Electricity Tariff On Nigerians by Bobby4090: 4:37pm On Mar 30, 2016
idupaul:
Fashola is a con artist ..that is how he set up toll gates on Lekki Epe and till date didn't complete the roads and now again he has increased tariffs and electricity has reduced further

The guy is just an over rated eediot. His next plan is to build toll gates across all the federal highways even though he has done nothing to improve them significantly. How can you increase electricity tariff at same time reduce the Megawatts supplied. This is Criminal.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nigerian Government Imposed "Illegal" Electricity Tariff On Nigerians by oluwaniyi66(m): 4:39pm On Mar 30, 2016
magicalx:

This zombie is still living in his fathers house, so pay him no heed...
thanks sir. I'm grateful
Re: How Nigerian Government Imposed "Illegal" Electricity Tariff On Nigerians by Chukzyfcb(m): 4:42pm On Mar 30, 2016
Formely on the Phcn bill is a tariff of
15.63 naira/kilowatt. Now Its 22naira
kilowatt on the new bill. About 50% Increase!
E.g Mr Chuks consumes 300kw of power in january
Phcn charges him 15.63/kwh
His Bill = 300 * 15.63 = 4689 (Vat & fixed charge not inclusive)
Due to Increase in Tariff, Mr Chuks decides to
reduce his consumption from 300kw to 250kw in February
Phcn charges him a new tarriff of 22kw/h
His Bill = 250 * 22 = 5500(Vat & fixed charge not inclusive)
CONCLUSION: Despite the fact Mr chuks
REDUCED his monthly CONSUMPTION to reduce expenses & Improve his standard of living, the FG has already CONDEMNED him to HARDSHIP with the Massive Tarrif! #God help Naija!!!

2 Likes

Re: How Nigerian Government Imposed "Illegal" Electricity Tariff On Nigerians by Nobody: 4:48pm On Mar 30, 2016
When I read sentimental comments on this forum I laugh. Some posters because of ethnicity or political affiliation of which they never benefited immensely from have been be clouded from facing reality. We all know that the Nigerian situation would have been worse if the previous govt is still ruling because blackout is synonymous with them.

1 Like

Re: How Nigerian Government Imposed "Illegal" Electricity Tariff On Nigerians by Kenmoris22: 4:48pm On Mar 30, 2016
Nigeria ntooo

1 Share

Re: How Nigerian Government Imposed "Illegal" Electricity Tariff On Nigerians by ernecy(m): 4:51pm On Mar 30, 2016
I have had enough o, if na trek I go trek go. Na who know road abeg I taya, even na Togo, Ghana or Cameroon make I migrate.

With this present situation person no even fit afford to die sef..
Re: How Nigerian Government Imposed "Illegal" Electricity Tariff On Nigerians by sammhi(m): 4:53pm On Mar 30, 2016
Rexphobia:
It a case of Hen and Egg... Which comes first...

Do you improve power supply then increase tariff... Sounds logical

Or

Do you need to improve power supply from the increased tariff... Since power projects are quite expensive and you need massive capital injection.
pls stop reasoning from the anus.
The Discos are corporate entity... what they are doing is collecting money from customers to fund their capital investment. that's is fraud. charges to customer are to cover operational cost and then profit. Capital investment should be throu equity funding, loans, debentures etc.
So your second option makes no sense. You have to provide the service and base on quality , you increase your tariff. It is only absurd that you think customers should pay for you to get money to invest in your own business. it is only happening because we are corrupt and indolent nation
Do u know how many people will say for services not rendered through so called estimated billing ? that is fraud

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nigerian Government Imposed "Illegal" Electricity Tariff On Nigerians by otokx(m): 5:09pm On Mar 30, 2016
There are small businesses in Port Harcourt who do not mind paying 10k a month if only PHEDC can supply power between 9am and 6pm, Monday to Friday.
Re: How Nigerian Government Imposed "Illegal" Electricity Tariff On Nigerians by ayindejimmy(m): 5:11pm On Mar 30, 2016
Rexphobia:
It a case of Hen and Egg... Which comes first...

Do you improve power supply then increase tariff... Sounds logical

Or

Do you need to improve power supply from the increased tariff... Since power projects are quite expensive and you need massive capital injection.

this logic would have follow if ppl weren't paying estimated bills

1 Like

Re: How Nigerian Government Imposed "Illegal" Electricity Tariff On Nigerians by otokx(m): 5:12pm On Mar 30, 2016
Batam:
When I read sentimental comments on this forum I laugh. Some posters because of ethnicity or political affiliation of which they never benefited immensely from have been be clouded from facing reality. We all know that the Nigerian situation would have been worse if the previous govt is still ruling because blackout is synonymous with them.

Spot on, they can never acknowledge any good thing. There are people in this same Nigeria that spend 25k for petrol for generator to power their houses monthly right there in Lagos.
Re: How Nigerian Government Imposed "Illegal" Electricity Tariff On Nigerians by kingsamosy(m): 5:18pm On Mar 30, 2016
oluwaniyi66:
thanks

receive sense. AMEN. We see this kind of comment because you don't hustle to make money.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nigerian Government Imposed "Illegal" Electricity Tariff On Nigerians by james2man: 5:21pm On Mar 30, 2016
Nigeria what a country. Where the masses feed and funds the extravagant lifestyle of the political class by paying outrageous tarrifs and taxes for zero services. Failed country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Nigerian Government Imposed "Illegal" Electricity Tariff On Nigerians by Stanbeto: 5:25pm On Mar 30, 2016
There is God o
Re: How Nigerian Government Imposed "Illegal" Electricity Tariff On Nigerians by Ximonak: 5:26pm On Mar 30, 2016
Chukzyfcb:
Formely on the Phcn bill is a tariff of
15.63 naira/kilowatt. Now Its 22naira
kilowatt on the new bill. About 50% Increase!
E.g Mr Chuks consumes 300kw of power in january
Phcn charges him 15.63/kwh
His Bill = 300 * 15.63 = 4689 (Vat & fixed charge not inclusive)
Due to Increase in Tariff, Mr Chuks decides to
reduce his consumption from 300kw to 250kw in February
Phcn charges him a new tarriff of 22kw/h
His Bill = 250 * 22 = 5500(Vat & fixed charge not inclusive)
CONCLUSION: Despite the fact Mr chuks
REDUCED his monthly CONSUMPTION to reduce expenses & Improve his standard of living, the FG has already CONDEMNED him to HARDSHIP with the Massive Tarrif! #God help Naija!!!

Guy for my side EKEDP na N24.00 and N322.80 now, both increased without even seeing the light (estimated bill)
Re: How Nigerian Government Imposed "Illegal" Electricity Tariff On Nigerians by Chukzyfcb(m): 5:34pm On Mar 30, 2016
Ximonak:

Guy for my side EKEDP na N24.00 and N322.80 now, both increased without even seeing the light (estimated bill)
That estimated bill eh na read money grubbing!
E for make sense say everybody dey use pre-paid metres but some people dey bypass their ac and big big appliiance direct to the grid. Na only small things like fan bulbs na I'm prepaid meter dey power. As nepa pple don sabi wassap
, dem don stop to dey give prepaid metre come dey charge dose wey no get prepaid wosky charges. So in otherwords. We dey pay for the sins of our prepaid metre brothers

1 Like

Re: How Nigerian Government Imposed "Illegal" Electricity Tariff On Nigerians by cococandy(f): 5:38pm On Mar 30, 2016
I really fell bad for my country men. Family and friends. cry cry cry
Re: How Nigerian Government Imposed "Illegal" Electricity Tariff On Nigerians by sonnie10: 5:42pm On Mar 30, 2016
sammhi:

pls stop reasoning from the anus.
The Discos are corporate entity... what they are doing is collecting money from customers to fund their capital investment. that's is fraud. charges to customer are to cover operational cost and then profit. Capital investment should be throu equity funding, loans, debentures etc.
So your second option makes no sense. You have to provide the service and base on quality , you increase your tariff. It is only absurd that you think customers should pay for you to get money to invest in your own business. it is only happening because we are corrupt and indolent nation
Do u know how many people will say for services not rendered through so called estimated billing ? that is fraud

Thanks bros for this comment. Now I know that one of the major problems with Nigerians is lack of good education. Without education, it is hard for people to know when they are being short changed.
Re: How Nigerian Government Imposed "Illegal" Electricity Tariff On Nigerians by maasoap(m): 5:47pm On Mar 30, 2016
NaijaEfcc:
Welcome to the government of ILLEGALITY!!
sometimes I wonder how zombies are coping? are they really in this country with us? don't they suffer wetin we dey suffer? they must be paying them very well!! I know surely one day they will be exposed!!
As far as I'm concerned, Jonathan sold power sector to his cronies against public outcry. So, deal with it. After all, you all know that privatization is about profit and more profit.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Police Hunt For Shiite Members, Arrest Scores / Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project 90% Complete - FG / Ikoh, Umana, Others Confirmed As Ministers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.