Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,178 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:14 AM

Trials Of A Fresh Abuja Resident - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Trials Of A Fresh Abuja Resident (15836 Views)

Private Computing Career From Home Or Office (Only Abuja Resident) / What Certifications Should I Enrol For As A Fresh Chemical Engineering Grad / Vacancy For Abuja Resident. Apply Asap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trials Of A Fresh Abuja Resident by remzytimer: 8:56am On Mar 31, 2016
If you want I can help get a room of 40,50,60 for a start and settle your self just that you girls always want to live big, learn to live within your confines....thank God that man didn't use you for rituals. God will help you out

1 Like

Re: Trials Of A Fresh Abuja Resident by mayorkyzo: 8:56am On Mar 31, 2016
It is well my dear..since you work in a bank why don't you secure a soft loan and get a mini one room o self contained apartment...all these are trials which would make you strong..no matter what happens,never ever give up...
Re: Trials Of A Fresh Abuja Resident by harbeycares12(m): 8:58am On Mar 31, 2016
It is well wit ur soul.
Re: Trials Of A Fresh Abuja Resident by Ralphdan(m): 8:58am On Mar 31, 2016
flawlessT:
Will comment on d topic buh first of all...It's ma birthday!

HBD boo

1 Like

Re: Trials Of A Fresh Abuja Resident by banme1(m): 8:58am On Mar 31, 2016
evegran:

I don't understand, are you trying to make a joke out of this?

How can she just move to Aso rock?
u can accommodate her. After all u are in Abuja.

1 Like

Re: Trials Of A Fresh Abuja Resident by flawlessT(f): 8:59am On Mar 31, 2016
evegran:

Happy birthday!
Thanks love
Re: Trials Of A Fresh Abuja Resident by Ralphdan(m): 9:00am On Mar 31, 2016
Dear better look for a place soon before dem niggaz start looking for ur parts undecided
I feel for u though.
Re: Trials Of A Fresh Abuja Resident by kowema(f): 9:02am On Mar 31, 2016
@ Pretty002, Call me on 08064956690, I'm about to pay for a house in Dutse, we cud share d rent . it's 200k total, new house, fenced with steady light nd water.
The second option is, I'd host u 4 four months if u can't afford for now.
I'm paying for d House Latest Tomorrow.

I'm new in town too, I was transferred from Lagos nd I know d feeling.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trials Of A Fresh Abuja Resident by Nobody: 9:03am On Mar 31, 2016
Must you leave in Garki or Wuse, are you not working? USe your salary to rent yourself a small room, if you dont have a relative or close female friend you can put up with. Mpape, kubwa, kuje or even Bwari are places where accomodation are cheap. And yes people do it and live in Abj happy. Nothing in life is free, you should not expect people to just give you roof for free cause you are new in town. Thank God you haven't even fallen into the hands , the story could be worse.

Sorry i sound harsh but it the truth.

Pretty002:
I am a female from Delta State. I and a lot more people were suspended from the State Civil Service in Delta and we were accused of not getting the job on merit; it was a really frustrating situation. Somehow a job offer with a commercial bank in Abuja sprang up and although the pay was pretty meagre I thought it would be a fresh opportunity to start over.

On getting to Abuja, I contacted an old friend who happens to live in the town; he happens to be married but his wife isn't in the country. So I stayed in his place, went for the job test and subsequently the interview and I finally landed the job.

Exactly 3 weeks into my new job, this old friend of mine whom I was temporarily staying with asked me to leave his house. Curious, I insisted to know why I was been thrown out and of course, he had no genuine reason. He had gone round telling people I didn't do his laundry and I didn't cook. Firstly, besides his undies, he takes all his clothes to the drycleaners and I couldn't possibly be washing the delicate clothing of a man who isn't my spouse. Secondly, he never gave me a kobo to prepare a meal. The one time he gave me funds of any sorts, it was only a thousand naira and it wasn't meant for food but I added my money to it and ensured I still prepared a good meal.

After leaving this old friends place, another friend of mine introduced me to someone else I could stay with; even though this person I was introduced to was yet another guy I still moved in with him as I had no other choice.
This new guy unlike the first wasn't married but he had two children. Unlike the first guy who is a Christian, this new guy is a Muslim but that didn't bother me at all - I was just happy to have a place to stay. He offered to let me stay with him until I was settled enough to get a place of my own.

The new guy lives in a 2 bedroom apartment somewhere in Garki and although he owned the house, he had a tenant – he had let one of the rooms out to some other guy. My biggest concern was the fact that my new “landlord” let my sleep in his bedroom while he slept on the couch in the living room. Since I wasn’t comfortable with the idea I walked up to him and tried to let him understand that as the visitor I should be the one sleeping on the couch not him but he insisted that it wasn’t a problem.

Exactly two weeks after moving in, my new landlord travelled for a few days, on his return, I sensed something wasn’t right but I didn’t say anything. The following day the friend who introduced me to him called me and said the man had told him that he was going to ask me to leave. He said the guy wasn’t comfortable sleeping on the couch in his own house. All that talk came as a surprise to me. Eventually the landlord himself confronted me. He said he liked me. He said it was not going to be possible for him to be in the same house as me and not want me. He said I had to either give in or get out.

His intentions were made known to me on the 23rd of March 2016. The following day my head was clogged. I couldn’t think, I had headaches, I was almost in shock. During the usual morning meetings we have at the office, I almost fainted – I was told I was falling to the floor but someone somehow held me back. That night I didn’t sleep at home, a colleague in the office who stays in a family house got me a room in a hotel. While I was in my hotel room sobbing and thinking about my next step, this landlord sent me a text. He stated in the text that I should have told him I wouldn’t be coming home that night and he believes we can talk.

On reaching the house the following day being Good Friday, he began to talk about me providing him a girlfriend, preferably a working class lady who is my colleague. Since that was to be my licence to having a roof over my head, I accepted the offer and promised to provide him a girl. For some reason, the very next day he changed his mind and said it was me or nobody; on declining his proposal he asked me to move out the next day by 10am. By the way, I had found a calabash with a red cloth tied around the tip along with a brazier in his wardrobe. I don’t know what it was and I am not sure I want to.

By 10am on Easter Sunday I moved my things into the security post as I tried to figure out my next move. I went to a garden nearby, practically sat there all day calling people I believed would be able to help but finally I ended up sleeping in one guest inn around.

I have heard a lot of things about the Federal Capital Territory but I never thought I would experience it first-hand.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trials Of A Fresh Abuja Resident by Nobody: 9:05am On Mar 31, 2016
if u have upto 100k goto dawaki galadima area opposite gwarinpa and rent a place to stay thats abuja for you...but many houses are empty or call me
Re: Trials Of A Fresh Abuja Resident by ojuolu(m): 9:05am On Mar 31, 2016
Op, i don't know what to tell you. But i believe everything will work out fine. Just relax, step outside the whole problem and think. Crying or whining won't help.
Re: Trials Of A Fresh Abuja Resident by Nobody: 9:08am On Mar 31, 2016
evegran:

I don't understand, are you trying to make a joke out of this?

How can she just move to Aso rock?

Dear you should know that Nairaland has given birth to a lot of children who wear pant outside and are still growing up. Just don't panic. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Trials Of A Fresh Abuja Resident by cybriz82(m): 9:08am On Mar 31, 2016
She get mind abi very wicked somebody..she no evn pity her parent she just dey jump enter strangerz house as if na she rent house for dem..chaii u are a heartless sumbody u no see female colleague rob mind with na so so male u dey see.dem no remove ur head n u still cme here cme dey yarn meltdown.if bad tinz happen to u nw dem go say d man dn use u do sometin n yet u want him to b 100percent good to u.my dear e no dey work like dat.body no b firewood men na men.rob mind with ur colleague at work n church am sure some day all dis will b over.dat iz life for u.be strong.

6 Likes

Re: Trials Of A Fresh Abuja Resident by warrior101: 9:10am On Mar 31, 2016
Go into the garki village and get a cheap room.

Pretty002:
I am a female from Delta State. I and a lot more people were suspended from the State Civil Service in Delta and we were accused of not getting the job on merit; it was a really frustrating situation. Somehow a job offer with a commercial bank in Abuja sprang up and although the pay was pretty meagre I thought it would be a fresh opportunity to start over.

On getting to Abuja, I contacted an old friend who happens to live in the town; he happens to be married but his wife isn't in the country. So I stayed in his place, went for the job test and subsequently the interview and I finally landed the job.

Exactly 3 weeks into my new job, this old friend of mine whom I was temporarily staying with asked me to leave his house. Curious, I insisted to know why I was been thrown out and of course, he had no genuine reason. He had gone round telling people I didn't do his laundry and I didn't cook. Firstly, besides his undies, he takes all his clothes to the drycleaners and I couldn't possibly be washing the delicate clothing of a man who isn't my spouse. Secondly, he never gave me a kobo to prepare a meal. The one time he gave me funds of any sorts, it was only a thousand naira and it wasn't meant for food but I added my money to it and ensured I still prepared a good meal.

After leaving this old friends place, another friend of mine introduced me to someone else I could stay with; even though this person I was introduced to was yet another guy I still moved in with him as I had no other choice.
This new guy unlike the first wasn't married but he had two children. Unlike the first guy who is a Christian, this new guy is a Muslim but that didn't bother me at all - I was just happy to have a place to stay. He offered to let me stay with him until I was settled enough to get a place of my own.

The new guy lives in a 2 bedroom apartment somewhere in Garki and although he owned the house, he had a tenant – he had let one of the rooms out to some other guy. My biggest concern was the fact that my new “landlord” let my sleep in his bedroom while he slept on the couch in the living room. Since I wasn’t comfortable with the idea I walked up to him and tried to let him understand that as the visitor I should be the one sleeping on the couch not him but he insisted that it wasn’t a problem.

Exactly two weeks after moving in, my new landlord travelled for a few days, on his return, I sensed something wasn’t right but I didn’t say anything. The following day the friend who introduced me to him called me and said the man had told him that he was going to ask me to leave. He said the guy wasn’t comfortable sleeping on the couch in his own house. All that talk came as a surprise to me. Eventually the landlord himself confronted me. He said he liked me. He said it was not going to be possible for him to be in the same house as me and not want me. He said I had to either give in or get out.

His intentions were made known to me on the 23rd of March 2016. The following day my head was clogged. I couldn’t think, I had headaches, I was almost in shock. During the usual morning meetings we have at the office, I almost fainted – I was told I was falling to the floor but someone somehow held me back. That night I didn’t sleep at home, a colleague in the office who stays in a family house got me a room in a hotel. While I was in my hotel room sobbing and thinking about my next step, this landlord sent me a text. He stated in the text that I should have told him I wouldn’t be coming home that night and he believes we can talk.

On reaching the house the following day being Good Friday, he began to talk about me providing him a girlfriend, preferably a working class lady who is my colleague. Since that was to be my licence to having a roof over my head, I accepted the offer and promised to provide him a girl. For some reason, the very next day he changed his mind and said it was me or nobody; on declining his proposal he asked me to move out the next day by 10am. By the way, I had found a calabash with a red cloth tied around the tip along with a brazier in his wardrobe. I don’t know what it was and I am not sure I want to.

By 10am on Easter Sunday I moved my things into the security post as I tried to figure out my next move. I went to a garden nearby, practically sat there all day calling people I believed would be able to help but finally I ended up sleeping in one guest inn around.

I have heard a lot of things about the Federal Capital Territory but I never thought I would experience it first-hand.
Re: Trials Of A Fresh Abuja Resident by DISTINCT89(m): 9:11am On Mar 31, 2016
Email me on oluwadistinct@gmail.com. We rili need to talk
Re: Trials Of A Fresh Abuja Resident by Sirmuel1(m): 9:12am On Mar 31, 2016
banme1:
Move to aso rock. Buhari no de house.

and this is funny grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Trials Of A Fresh Abuja Resident by overdrive(m): 9:15am On Mar 31, 2016
octopusfreaky:
OP, have bn in your shoes on several occasions @Abuja,Bauchi and Osun. My experience was worse than yours cox it turned out bad Thank God have gotten over it..I just dont understand why nothing goes free in this country.
Next time go to church nearby..

Tell us ur story maybe somebody will learn from it.
Re: Trials Of A Fresh Abuja Resident by chigoizie7(m): 9:16am On Mar 31, 2016
Op, I am surprised that someone who has worked for sometime now, could not plan well.

Putting up with a married man/stranger?

U even get heart sef to stay with him.

He is even a nice man to even allow u, me? I won't.

In as much as nothing is free, I am not in support of u washing his undies, but cooking? Even on weekends, would ve been nice,

He didn't give u money? Let's assume u don't have money yet, but what is wrong with walking up to him and be like, "bros, I for like cook today oh, @least make we for chop good food once once, but I no too hold money, u fit drop something for me make I manage cook?" and then hear him out. U don't owe him that, u are not his cook, but that's just courtesy.

As for u moving in with the muslim? He told u d truth about two of una being under same roof without any form of feelings.

U didn't tell us d initial arrangement with him with regards getting your own house soon, thus, him sleeping on the couch hoping that u will get a house soon, or even make efforts to get a house. But NO, u felt comfortable with where u were.

Let me tell u something, I can't put up with someone who doesn't work out to get a place for himself for 1week. But I can put up with someone who has been putting all efforts to secure a place for himself, even though it doesn't work out as he planned for 1yr. @least, he knew that he has to go.

See, OP, don't blame any of those men @all.

Blame yourself for being over comfortable and not planning yourself well.

No company will give u an offer letter today and ask u to resume work tomorrow.

U would have made provisions for urself b4 u resume work. Just like some people said, there are self con of 70k, u could have got a loan of 100k, pay 70k rent, get a foam, curtains, bed spread and a fan, + buckets and co, start with those ones 1st.

But u felt comfortable living with someone.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trials Of A Fresh Abuja Resident by overdrive(m): 9:17am On Mar 31, 2016
kowema:
Call me on 08064956690, I'm about to pay for a house in Dutse, we cud share d rent . it's 200k total, new house, fenced with steady light.
The second option is, I'd host u 4 four months if u can't afford fgor now.

I'm new in town too nd I know d feeling.

God bless u.
Re: Trials Of A Fresh Abuja Resident by ojuolu(m): 9:17am On Mar 31, 2016
kowema:
Call me on 08064956690, I'm about to pay for a house in Dutse, we cud share d rent . it's 200k total, new house, fenced with steady light.
The second option is, I'd host u 4 four months if u can't afford fgor now.

I'm new in town too I know d feeling.
You are an unusual Nigerian. God bless you real good. I know the feeling. My best friend has been a God sent to me on many occasions.One of such occasion is providing a befitting accommodation for me when i moved to abuja in 2013. It was really unbelievable. You are the second person doing same thing since then. And yours is even unique because you dont know this person from Eve.

2 Likes

Re: Trials Of A Fresh Abuja Resident by octopusfreaky(f): 9:18am On Mar 31, 2016
overdrive:

Tell us ur story maybe somebody will learn from it.
later.
Re: Trials Of A Fresh Abuja Resident by drinkmorewater: 9:20am On Mar 31, 2016
My dear sister, I know of a room to rent in nyanya area,not costly at all, if interested let me know.
Re: Trials Of A Fresh Abuja Resident by jnsoribe(m): 9:21am On Mar 31, 2016
its really sad but funny a kind of! i hop by now u should have learnt ur lessons to know that most men are not actually whom u think they are especially here in Abj. Life in Abj is absolutely OYO.
But, y not look for suburb areas like Mpape, nyanya , maraba etc... i mean , must u live with somebody? and if u must live with somebody then learn to contribute in ur own little way.... anyways.... good luck in ur search...
Re: Trials Of A Fresh Abuja Resident by princefaculty(m): 9:24am On Mar 31, 2016
Abuja the city of falsehood as often tagged have challenges which are predicated on a lie that most people in the city are rich thereby making accommodation and transportation among other things serious issues.
I feel for you, its pretty difficult living with people who are not your family members so I'll advise you get a small place in one of the surbubs here just to be laying your head coz getting someone to stay with again may be short lived again

1 Like

Re: Trials Of A Fresh Abuja Resident by Ghost447(m): 9:30am On Mar 31, 2016
Pretty002:

I am so sorry about your travails. I would have love to assist you, but I live in one room self-contain because I just relocated to Abuja too. But if you wouldn't mind, you're welcome.
Re: Trials Of A Fresh Abuja Resident by adukenny(m): 9:31am On Mar 31, 2016
So sorry for what you passed through, well, i have a room appartment at Federal Housing Estate, Lugbe, am living in a three bedroom appartment with my wife and Children. you can reach me on- soas2016@yahoo.com. Lets talk please.
Re: Trials Of A Fresh Abuja Resident by delishpot: 9:31am On Mar 31, 2016
Sirmuel1:

and this is funny grin grin

Hahahah grin as in ehn.... The guy just yarn us say Aso Vila is vacant as at right now. Lol
Re: Trials Of A Fresh Abuja Resident by alfajohn: 9:33am On Mar 31, 2016
I feel ur pain as someone who has gone through the process before. Came to Abuja 3 years ago and choose not to stay with relatives and ended up staying in an hotel for 71 days. Until God used my sister's friend and her husband who gave me a boys quarters in Maitama free of charge. Stayed there for one year till I stabilised financially and got a house of my choice in Jabi. Don't worry they say it is the baptism of welcome in Abuja. In return for God's favour for putting a roof over my head at that trying time I offer to help u pay one year rent. This is without any conditions what so ever. Also will advise that u pray that the milk and honey of Abuja flow to ur bossom, if ur prayer is granted u will forget this rough patch. Cheers

9 Likes

Re: Trials Of A Fresh Abuja Resident by queenfav(f): 9:34am On Mar 31, 2016
I can relate to this fully.But wait o,@op how would you be living with a red blooded man ,and not envisage the high possibility of him wanting to get intimate with you.Your faith strong sha!Its 2 out of 10 men that can actually accommodate a lady for free,without making a move on her.Next time be sure you have made concrete accommodation plans before you move to take a job.I had to relocate last month also,wasn't so rich at that time but borrowed money from a friend and added up from my savings to move into my own place?Life is too short to lose your dignity ,peace of mind and respect because of issues like this.Personally,I no just fit stay with person,the rubbish when your eye go see eh!At the end if the day,the trauma and all emotional headache you experience won't even allow you to be happy and efficient at the new job.Wish you all the best dear,e no easy.

2 Likes

Re: Trials Of A Fresh Abuja Resident by Sirmuel1(m): 9:35am On Mar 31, 2016
delishpot:

Hahahah grin as in ehn.... The guy just yarn us say Aso Vila is vacant as at right now. Lol

Na so nah grin maybe John walker don still travel again as usual grin grin

1 Like

Re: Trials Of A Fresh Abuja Resident by jabolo(m): 9:35am On Mar 31, 2016
kowema:
@ Pretty002, Call me on 08064956690, I'm about to pay for a house in Dutse, we cud share d rent . it's 200k total, new house, fenced with steady light nd water.
The second option is, I'd host u 4 four months if u can't afford for now.
I'm paying for d House Latest Tomorrow.

I'm new in town too, I was transferred from Lagos nd I know d feeling.

Not connected with the OP but sent you a PM.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Free Cybersecurity Course Worth N240,000 offered by ICSI UK / Stanbic IBTC Or MTN Nigeria For A Graduate Trainee / ICAN Stops Direct Conversion Of Foreign Qualifications

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.