Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,302 members, 7,860,738 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 03:17 PM

Who Is Marketing Buhari's Revolution? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is Marketing Buhari's Revolution? (628 Views)

Feminist Nkechi Bianze Describes Women Killing Their Husband As Revolution / Anambra Agro revolution, Delfarm Products-photos / Can We Have A Revolution In Nigeria ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Marketing Buhari's Revolution? by lanregbade(m): 8:17pm On Mar 30, 2016
Who Is Marketing Buhari's Revolution

Do you now know why some people were dead scared of having the lanky general anywhere near Aso Rock?
They were right! Those who warned that Nigeria’s
prisons would be overflowing if Muhammadu Buhari
became president have had their prophesy come
true.
Have you noticed that Kudje Prison near Abuja has
become the nation’s new Government Reservation
Area? It looks like if you have not taken residence for some time in Kudje, you have not really been a big man in Nigeria. Time was when Nigeria’s big boys congregated at Transcorp Hilton or ‘the Villa’, now they get together at EFCC or Kudje.
Buhari has proved what a lot of people suspected.
Much of the glittering houses that you see in
Maitama and Banana Island or the shiny cars you see on our streets are not products of hard work or
creative thinking. They are monuments to madness; the frightening daylight robbery of a people’s today and tomorrow.
All you need to do to understand the hollowness of
the big money that a lot of Nigerians throw about is
to ask yourself a few questions: where are their
investments? Where are their manufacturing plants?
Where is their unique commercial enterprise? Where is that exceptional invention? Nine times out of ten you will find that all that glitters is not gold. The more you look, the less you see.
In the last nine months, Nigerians have been treated to a comedy of the bizarre. Each time you think you have heard the most confounding story of greed and avarice, there comes some more: huge amounts of smelly cash hidden in a soak away pit; trusted generals of the people’s army pocketing the salaries of dead and ghost soldiers in billions.
I was in fact present at the Federal High Court in
Abuja recently and listened to the testimony of a
young woman as to how an ex-Governor who was in
court scammed the people he swore with the Bible to protect. After two hours of listening to the lady, I had headache and had to go and look for some Panadol.
Anyone who tells you that what Buhari is doing is not important is mad. I do not care whether you are PDP, APC, ABC or XYZ, I do not know how our children are supposed to have a future if this brazen rape of our commonwealth is allowed to continue.
Who else in Nigeria do you know who has the guts to take on this bunch that has become drunk and
blinded by the zillions in stolen cash? Not even the
reputedly fearless Obasanjo! Who else could have
taken on the army Generals who sent out our young
boys empty handed on a suicide mission to go and
fight Boko Haram while they were busy buying up
choice mansions in Dubai and elsewhere?
I however worry that a lot of people who wish our
president well and genuinely want him to succeed
are finding it difficult to explain the unending fuel
supply crisis, the erratic power supply, the foreign
exchange debacle and the unquestionable hardship
in the land. A hungry man is an angry man and it
does not make it easier for him if he is repeatedly
being asked, ‘how is change working for you?’
I worry that there is very inadequate communication to the Nigerian people of the struggle that our President is faced with, the challenges of the sudden drop in oil price and the battle to turn around this massive ship headed for the rocks.
Let the truth be told – our President is on the quiet
side. He is not the talking kind. I suspect that he is
the kind that would think that people will see his
heart and know that he means well and is doing his
best. I am not sure that it works that way.
How many times a day do you see one government
official in some country come on CNN or Sky or Fox
News to brief you on a shooting that has just taken
place or an accident that has just happened or a
hurricane that is approaching or some power line
that has resulted in a one hour power outage? And
they will keep giving you updates because a good
government belongs to the people.
This is the age of Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter,
Instagram and numerous social media platforms.
These days, news flies around pretty fast – the good, the bad and the ugly. There is a 24 hour a day
struggle for the minds of the people. Minds are
fertile. If you don’t plant good things there, evil will
sprout.
I am convinced that our President needs help from
his many assistants to market the Buhari revolution.
I am convinced that every Minister, Permanent
Secretary, Director – General, Police Commissioner,
DPO ought to know that it is a new day and that
communicating to the people you serve is an
essential part of everybody’s job.
For many weeks, I was not quite sure what was
responsible for the unending fuel supply crisis that
threatened to shut down the entire country. I waited
and waited and got very confused and frustrated.
Then I saw a Press Release from the Minister of
Information, Alhaji Lai Mohammed. I do not know
how many people saw it. To tell you the truth, I
expected much more.
There is no question that Lai Mohammed is probably the most accomplished spokesperson of an opposition party in Nigeria’s political history. Being in opposition and running the government are however two different things. Besides, Lai Mohammed is now Minister of Information & Culture with the responsibility to supervise diverse government agencies. Except he is a magician, his hands must be very full.
I do not want Buhari to fail. I cannot imagine the
failure of the Buhari revolution. Europe is in big
trouble because of the refugee crisis resulting from
the Syrian war. Imagine 170 million Nigerians joining the exodus. Unthinkable!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Is Marketing Buhari's Revolution? by kenrish2(m): 8:56pm On Mar 30, 2016
we appreciate wat he is doing bt what we dnt appreciate is that he is been selective' he is just taking the fight against the opposition party that just the bitter truth
Re: Who Is Marketing Buhari's Revolution? by lanregbade(m): 10:43pm On Mar 30, 2016
kenrish2:
we appreciate wat he is doing bt what we dnt appreciate is that he is been selective' he is just taking the fight against the opposition party that just the bitter truth

But we both know that it was the same opposition party that has held unto power for the past 16years and no one dared to question them until PMB became the president,and I think he is on the right path
Re: Who Is Marketing Buhari's Revolution? by kenrish2(m): 9:37am On Mar 31, 2016
lanregbade:

But we both know that it was the same opposition party that has held unto power for the past 16years and no one dared to question them until PMB became the president,and I think he is on the right path
then what abt the currupt apc politicians what happens to them, they are untouchable the politicians in apc are they not the same currupt pdp that decamped, if buhari has the courage to battle curuption in his party then the full nigeria will bck him, all u need to do as a currupt pdp politician is jst decamp to apc and u will be untouched so what he is doing is jst punishn a selected few

1 Like

Re: Who Is Marketing Buhari's Revolution? by olutunde12(m): 9:54am On Mar 31, 2016
lanregbade:

So, if he is fighting this and that whyis the country in disarray under him? Are you sure they are not stealing now? How is the so called fight of buhari diffrent from obasanjo own?

1 Like

Re: Who Is Marketing Buhari's Revolution? by lanregbade(m): 1:22pm On Mar 31, 2016
olutunde12:

So, if he is fighting this and that whyis the country in disarray under him? Are you sure they are not stealing now? How is the so called fight of buhari diffrent from obasanjo own?

What are u implying?

(1) (Reply)

Obama On Nigeria / PICS - Solomon Dalong Visits Kano Sabongari Market Over Fire Incident. / #cctvssaraki: Rafiu Ibrahim Calls For Calm As Trial Continues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.