Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,781 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

Econet Acquires Premier League Free-to-air Rights In Africa - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Econet Acquires Premier League Free-to-air Rights In Africa (935 Views)

GOTv Adds Three New Free-to-air Channels / How To Upgrade Channels On Free To Air Power Sat 4040a Decoder Machine / Econet Acquires Premier League Free-to-air Rights In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Econet Acquires Premier League Free-to-air Rights In Africa by nigerianvenom(m): 10:04pm On Mar 30, 2016
Premier League fans in Africa will enjoy highlights on Econet from next season
The Premier League is pleased to announce that Econet Media has acquired the package of free-to-air broadcasting rights that it makes available in sub-Saharan Africa.
The agreement is for the three seasons 2016/17–2018/19 and Econet, through its Kwese Sports platform, will make available one Saturday afternoon Premier League match live on a free-to-air basis each weekend of the season.
The matches, along with weekly preview and review shows, will be available in 50 countries across the region.
"We are very pleased that Econet Media has chosen to invest in the package of free-to-air broadcasting rights that we have made available in sub-Saharan Africa," Premier League Executive Chairman, Richard Scudamore, said. "Premier League clubs enjoy passionate support across sub-Saharan Africa and these rights are important to ensuring that as many fans as possible can follow and enjoy our competition."
Premier League's international rights deals 2016-2019 >>
Econet Media CEO Joseph Hundah said: "England’s Premier League is a globally prestigious sporting competition, one that is deeply loved by millions of African sports fans. As such we are very committed to obtaining these rights and have invested significantly to acquire them.
"We want to make this League available to fans across sub-Saharan Africa and so, through Kwese Sports FTA partners and other platforms, we hope to widen access to this property."
The agreement was announced shortly before the latest edition of BPL Live, a fan park for fans of Barclays Premier League football. This year it is being held in Cape Town, South Africa, over the weekend of 19-20 March after the success of its first edition in Johannesburg in 2014.
http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/2015-16/mar/170316-premier-league-agrees-rights-deal-with-econet-south-africa.html

Lalasticlaca, seun, ishilove
Re: Econet Acquires Premier League Free-to-air Rights In Africa by nigerianvenom(m): 10:05pm On Mar 30, 2016
Strive Masiyiwa
Pause: Kwesé Sports exclusively awarded free-to-air broadcasting rights for the English Premier League!

I’m really excited to share some great news. Last Thursday, the English Premier League (EPL) announced it has exclusively awarded Econet Group the free-to-air rights to broadcast live EPL for three seasons beginning in August 2016!

Kwesé Sports will also serve as an agent to sub-license these EPL rights to free-to-air public broadcasters in 50 countries across Sub-Saharan Africa.

In case you’re new to my FB page and are wondering what’s going on, Kwesé TV is our new soon-to-be launched satellite and broadcasting network, wholly-owned by Econet Media, a subsidiary of Econet Group. Kwesé Sports is part of Kwesé TV which will also offer entertainment, news and business channels with exclusive and premium programming.

I’ll update you from time to time about our progress. After the launch of Kwesé TV later this year, I’ll also use this as a case study on how to set up a major business venture like this one.

In terms of the discussions we’ll be having on this platform, I want you to focus on what you'll learn about entrepreneurship rather than on your role as a potential customer. There will be other platforms to discuss this as a customer, which the company will set up.

__What interests me here is really what learning and tips I can give you to help you establish and build businesses that can be successful -- not only in your local community, country, and across Africa, but even globally.

For competitive reasons, I will not be able to reveal certain things at this stage:

# Timing is important in business. (Notice that I didn't shout out, “Hey guys, I'm bidding for the English Premier League.” Do it first, before you start talking about it!)

If I were baking a cake, I’ve just shown you one of its key ingredients, so it's too early to talk about how it will taste! There will always be people who, if you give them flour, want to voice an opinion already about the type of cake it is; they’ll tell you it's chocolate with ice cream on top! Always wait until you see a greater picture… then you get a good surprise.

Thank you as always for your support.

End.
https://mobile.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1012467115494450&substory_index=0&id=496453373762496

(1) (Reply)

Game Of Thrones S06E1 Reactions / Gotv Has Added More Supersports Channels To Its Bouquet / Watch New 'empire' Season 3 Trailer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.