Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,400 members, 7,826,557 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

How To Add Bold, Italics And Strikethroughs To Your Whatsapp Messages - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Add Bold, Italics And Strikethroughs To Your Whatsapp Messages (998 Views)

Strengthen Your Whatsapp Security With These 8 Tricks / How To Easily Add Subtitle To Any Movie / How To Permanently Delete Your Whatsapp Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Add Bold, Italics And Strikethroughs To Your Whatsapp Messages by Nobody: 5:01am On Mar 31, 2016
WhatsApp, the most popular chatting service, will now let you add the new options of bold, italics and strikethrough to your everyday WhatsApp chat in its latest update

The new feature is hidden in the app, and needs to be turned on by including certain characters. Here’s how it works:

1. For bold, add asterisks to either side of your text, e.g. *bold*
2. For italics, add underscores to either side of the specific word or words, e.g. _italics_
3. For strikethrough, add a tilde (~) to either side of the word or words, e.g. ~strikethrough~

It’s also possible to can surround a word with all three of the characters and have each of the formatting options apply to a word, such as _*bolditalics*_.

These new stylings can also be entered in the WhatsApp web client — which launched last year — but the formatting will only show up in the app-based version of chats.

Source: http://femdevcon..com/2016/03/how-to-add-bold-italics-and.html?m=1

Re: How To Add Bold, Italics And Strikethroughs To Your Whatsapp Messages by DIKEnaWAR: 5:43am On Mar 31, 2016
I have been waiting for this! Now I can chat, unrestrained by disowning certain comments I make. grin cool
Re: How To Add Bold, Italics And Strikethroughs To Your Whatsapp Messages by Alimtoheeb(m): 6:43am On Mar 31, 2016
Whatsapp is really improving, one can also share pdf file now on latest version
Re: How To Add Bold, Italics And Strikethroughs To Your Whatsapp Messages by Wilfem(m): 10:41am On Mar 31, 2016
olasircoded:
WhatsApp, the most popular chatting service, will now let you add the new options of bold, italics and strikethrough to your everyday WhatsApp chat in its latest update

The new feature is hidden in the app, and needs to be turned on by including certain characters. Here’s how it works:

1. For bold, add asterisks to either side of your text, e.g. *bold*
2. For italics, add underscores to either side of the specific word or words, e.g. _italics_
3. For strikethrough, add a tilde (~) to either side of the word or words, e.g. ~strikethrough~

It’s also possible to can surround a word with all three of the characters and have each of the formatting options apply to a word, such as _*bolditalics*_.

These new stylings can also be entered in the WhatsApp web client — which launched last year — but the formatting will only show up in the app-based version of chats.

Source: http://femdevcon..com/2016/03/how-to-add-bold-italics-and.html?m=1
Tried all of these and it didn't work for me.
What could be wrong?
Re: How To Add Bold, Italics And Strikethroughs To Your Whatsapp Messages by Drniyi4u(m): 3:42pm On Mar 31, 2016
i just updated mine today and i couldnt do any of such, i hope youre not referring to 2go wink wink
Re: How To Add Bold, Italics And Strikethroughs To Your Whatsapp Messages by Kreamie(m): 11:30pm On Mar 31, 2016
Doesn't work

(1) (Reply)

Airtel Android Bundle Data Transfer / Apple / Linux Is 25: 25 Stunning Facts About The Operating System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.