Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,401 members, 7,822,841 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

Money has eroded christian music... (Exclusive Interview with Deji Iyiola) - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Money has eroded christian music... (Exclusive Interview with Deji Iyiola) (688 Views)

Jlollz' Exclusive Interview With Pearl [MUST READ] / Exclusive Interview With Talented Musician ''ADVISER NGOZI'' By OGO32 / EXCLUSIVE! Interview With Fast Rising Rapper Jule4ka Crooner Who Spills Hot Bars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Money has eroded christian music... (Exclusive Interview with Deji Iyiola) by klashe(m): 9:21am On Mar 31, 2016
Hello there and welcome to the first edition of "my exclusive interview. I have been privileged to conduct an interview with a UK based nurse/musician.

Who is Deji Iyiola?

Deji is a Contemporary Worship leader,song writer,producer and a composer who has dedicated his musical life to praise and Worship.
He was formerly a worship leader with Youth With A Mission both in South Africa and the United Kingdom. He has served as a music/choir leader in various churches and he is currently the worship leader in a Church at Coventry, United Kingdom. Read full biography.

The contents of this interview comprises of what music is, how it can affect you and the relationship between your education and career. Below is the full questions and answer... Happy reading:

· Hello sir, it’s nice to have you on my blog today, can you tell us where you were born? I was born in Akure, Ondo state.

· Are you from a musical family? Yes

· What led you into music? Parents or passion? I think a bit of both.

· How many kids have you got? 3 kids

http://www.trinityworship.org.uk/communities/5/004/012/249/285/images/4601256868.jpg
· What music do you listen to? I listen to different music ranging from traditional Nigerian music to Glam rock, Reggae, Rock& Roll (Western stuff), Christian genres and many more.

· How do you start your musical training? I joined the junior choir of my church and I was privileged to be mentored by great people around me.

· Apart from singing, what other things do you do [in music]-I do play instruments but I love to sing when there are instrumentalists who play other instruments I play.

· What is the best age to start learning musical instrument? In my opinion, I think it's good to start early when one is young.

· Like how many songs have you written? I can really remember in total because I wrote some songs for my choir back home and since I have been living in the west, I have written about 70 something songs. Some finished and some unfinished.

· Do you head any musical band? (name) I am privileged to be the music pastor in my church currently, but I used to be the lead vocalist for a pop group we established with friends from the University some years ago before we all went to our different bases where we lived.

· When it’s not music, what other things interests you? I do read different books I can find. I love philosophical books and other ones. Also, I am into research. Currently, I am researching about the 'effectiveness of using music therapy in forensic mental health treatment'. I am hoping it can be published by the end of the year because research takes time.

· Do you practise any other profession aside music? Yes, I was a lecturer for the NDs and HND s before I changed my career to Nursing. So, I am currently a Nurse by profession.

· Why aren’t you into full-time music? It's a challenge when you have a family. You have to create time for the family (wife and children). I am sure a time is coming when that will be possible.

· What has been your greatest encouragement and discouragement in music? I have been encouraged about how God can use your gift and talent to open several opportunities for anyone but my greatest discouragement is that money has eroded Christian music. It is all about business : how people will get rich by making their music known. It is good to be rich but that should not be the ultimate goal especially in the Christian music industry. It should be about the gospel and God will bless the work of your hand.

· What has been your greatest achievement in music? Hmmmm... Wow!! There are lots to talk about but just a few I will discuss. I am into Christian worship now and I went for a music conference in South Africa where I saw the real power of God in action. Just singing and worshipping and people began to fall over without anyone touching them. Also, my random (not planned for) radio interview in the largest Christian radio station in Cape Town. Everyone I know listened and talked about it. I just give glory to God that the world is hearing me.

· As a blogger, have you been able to promote your musical career through blogging? I have my website .This is the forum I use to disseminate my music.

· Would you encourage your kids into music? Of course yes. Music is a universal language. There is no barrier to it!

· Can they play any musical instrument? Yes, they are young and they are learning some instruments.

· I have had few encounters with high school students and when I asked them what they understood about the sentence: ‘’Education is the best legacy’’ they seem not to get it, and so also are some people out there, will you explain that sentence to those who don't know? ---Yes, education is the best legacy. It is good to have formal education because in some places no matter what you know if you cannot present a certificate of some kind, you will always be under those who are formally educated. However, sometimes when we talk about education, people limit it to formal education but you need various knowledge of various things too. Knowledge is power as they say. There are people who had formal education but they are not using the knowledge.

· What is the percentage of being a successful artist/actor (actress) without education?---As I said before, if there is no formal education, people will just continue to languish. My advice is that if you recognize the talent you got, educate yourself to the best of your ability and become a Master of your own craft, then you cannot be tossed about by just anyone.

· What advice do you have for those who think education is not necessary to become a successful artist/actor? They need to push themselves to be educated. Another problem is that people use God for everything. You might hear people say 'God will do it'. Yes God will. However, God created trees but not chairs (people made chairs). I will just say that everyone should equip themselves. There are always some kind of limitation when people are not educated.

· Tell us other things you have done through blogging. I write some Christian articles to educate people. I need to update recent articles on my website soon.

I hope you've gained a little from today's edition of My Exclusive Interview... For contributions and questions, kindly notify at the comment section. Till another time, bye.

(1) (Reply)

Rcee_ Bigger Than Yesterday Is Out Now Produced By A Nairalander / Mac Freedom The Fast Best Coming Rapper / DOWNLOAD: Chop And Go By Ruky

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.