Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,897 members, 7,844,878 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

How Policemen In Benin Operate - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Policemen In Benin Operate (710 Views)

Recovered Bodies Of Policemen In Kaduna Spark Protest / Man Beaten Up By Policemen In The Presence Of His Lady In Port-Harcourt. Photos / CCTV Caused Dismissal Of Three Policemen In Lagos Who Followed Fraudster To Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Policemen In Benin Operate by Damsonkc(m): 12:11pm On Mar 31, 2016
At 11:00 AM yesterday, my friend and I were walking to an ATM stand at Ekehuan Road in Benin when two mobile policemen accosted us brandishing AK-47 riffles. For a brief moment, I struggled to comprehend what was going on. They stopped us and requested to know who we were. I wanted so badly to ask them why they wanted to know who I was. I wanted to know if I had to carry an identity card whenever I want to buy vouchers or Milkose or even cigarettes. I simply identified myself as Mr. Damson. They proceeded to ask me what I did for a living. I told them I recently completed Youth Service in July and that I'm getting some certifications before I start working. I told them that I don't have a job and they asked me where I was going. I told them I was going to the ATM stand and they asked me to open my bag. I opened my bag and they searched my bag without seeing whatever it was they wanted to see, although that didn't stop the exposure of my favourite boxers tucked away at the corner of my bag, dirty and needing soap. It was obvious that they had nothing to say. What followed next was quite funny. They asked me for my NYSC ID card. Oga police, I said I passed out in July, 2015. Shebi the ID card na forever living product? I give am Mr. Williams for Asaba. Not satisfied, they asked us to follow them. We took few steps and stopped by their bus. In Benin, policemen do not use branded force vehicles in the afternoon. These men were wearing black Tees and sat inside a public transport bus. They use this guise to intimidate unsuspecting people. We were brought before their Oga who was on the phone. They introduced us to him as jobless ex-corpers.

"Wetin we go do with them?" One asked the Oga.

Oga looked at us from head to toe and deemed us fit to be "forgiven" for being unemployed and walking to the ATM stand in the morning, and keeping beards and being hungry. I quietly cursed Oga as we walked away and thanked my stars I left my laptop in Asaba before visiting my friend in Benin. Had I travelled with my laptop, we know the end of the story.
Re: How Policemen In Benin Operate by marshalcarter: 12:24pm On Mar 31, 2016
Ur signature says ntn to prove...so dey aint gat a sh*t to prove n u also aint gat a sh*t to prove..all of y'all aint gat sh*tes to prove grin

Police actin lyk controlled demonic spirit angry
Re: How Policemen In Benin Operate by Nobody: 1:33pm On Mar 31, 2016
Benin police nah worst of all...
Re: How Policemen In Benin Operate by Damsonkc(m): 2:11pm On Mar 31, 2016
Naughtysite:
Benin police nah worst of all...
As in ehn!
Re: How Policemen In Benin Operate by kenx1(m): 5:56am On Apr 01, 2016
New Benin Police are the worst!!!!!

(1) (Reply)

The Excesses Of Nigerian Police / Photo:Man Shoots Doctor Who Delivered His Wife's Baby Because He Saw Her Unclad / Man, 30, Beats Sister-in-law To Pulp Over Barrenness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.