Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,631 members, 7,809,358 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:16 AM

Bauchi Mayhem: Why Is Islam So Prone To Senseless Violence And Killing?!? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bauchi Mayhem: Why Is Islam So Prone To Senseless Violence And Killing?!? (1121 Views)

Dialectics Of Violence And Morality / 1940-2014: Nigeria, Religious Violence And Islam. / Violence And Christianity Again! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bauchi Mayhem: Why Is Islam So Prone To Senseless Violence And Killing?!? by jajaopobo(m): 7:48am On Jul 28, 2009
Just reading about the new incidents of violence in Bauchi, Kano, Maiduguri and Yobe states. Apparently, these "Boko Haram" people don't want western education in Nigeria and they are fighting for that by attacking police men. In this day and age, it is shocking to find that people still think'like this. Of course the excuse they use is religion (Sharia). My question is why does Islam or what is it in Islam that so easily lends itself to extreme intolerance, fundamentalism and ultimately violence?? Can someone explain this please?
Re: Bauchi Mayhem: Why Is Islam So Prone To Senseless Violence And Killing?!? by papagiddy(m): 11:17am On Jul 28, 2009
well, from the beginning the spirit that advocated ISLAM is a bloodthirsty spirit which rages war and division.its purpose is to create hate,sorrow mourning, violence,killing, destruction and confusion
To a Muslim,dying and killing for the cause of Islam in not only an honor, but also a way of pleasing to ALLAH.
In fact true Islam is militant.
Re: Bauchi Mayhem: Why Is Islam So Prone To Senseless Violence And Killing?!? by Nezan(m): 1:18pm On Jul 28, 2009
papa giddy:

well, from the beginning the spirit that advocated ISLAM is a bloodthirsty spirit which rages war and division.its purpose is to create hate,sorrow mourning, violence,killing, destruction and confusion
To a Muslim,dying and killing for the cause of Islam in not only an honor, but also a way of pleasing to ALLAH.
In fact true Islam is militant.
Most especially the thought of shagging 72 virgins in paradise appeals to them grin
Re: Bauchi Mayhem: Why Is Islam So Prone To Senseless Violence And Killing?!? by RUBRICS(m): 1:54pm On Jul 28, 2009
Infact my people, this is a terrible case that needs to be checked, how can someone continue to glory in killing his fellow men, obviously God can not be pleased with the vandalization of HIS works no matter the circumstances.
Re: Bauchi Mayhem: Why Is Islam So Prone To Senseless Violence And Killing?!? by javalove(m): 5:35pm On Jul 28, 2009
ALL FO U SHUD SHUT THE Bleep UP!!!!!!!!!! AND STOP SAYING THINGS U DONT KNOW!!!!!

WHAT IS GOING ON IN BAUCHI AND BORNO IS NOT TRACED TO ISLAM!!!

ITS A GROUP OF PEOPLE FROM NIGER AND CHAD WHO ARE CASING THE WAHALA!!!

THE MUSLIMS IN BORNO TOO ARE ALSO FIGHTING THEM!!!!

NOT ALL FIGHTS THAT ERIPTS FROM THE NORTH IS RELIGIOUS!!!

SOME ARE STRICTLY POLITICAL!!!!

PLEASE I STAY I THE NORTH AND I SEE WHATS GOING ON!!!
Re: Bauchi Mayhem: Why Is Islam So Prone To Senseless Violence And Killing?!? by DanWaziri(m): 6:42pm On Jul 28, 2009
javalove:

ALL FO U SHUD SHUT THE Bleep UP!!!!!!!!!! AND STOP SAYING THINGS U DONT KNOW!!!!!

WHAT IS GOING ON IN BAUCHI AND BORNO IS NOT TRACED TO ISLAM!!!

ITS A GROUP OF PEOPLE FROM NIGER AND CHAD WHO ARE CASING THE WAHALA!!!

THE MUSLIMS IN BORNO TOO ARE ALSO FIGHTING THEM!!!!

NOT ALL FIGHTS THAT ERIPTS FROM THE NORTH IS RELIGIOUS!!!

SOME ARE STRICTLY POLITICAL!!!!

PLEASE I STAY I THE NORTH AND I SEE WHATS GOING ON!!!

So because they are from Niger and Chad they are not members of the ummah. I did not realize once you crossed an imaginary border you were no longer musulumi. If as you claim it is not a religious fight, why are they burning churches and mobbing innocents while reciting takbir? You need to take a long walk into the Sahara without water.
Re: Bauchi Mayhem: Why Is Islam So Prone To Senseless Violence And Killing?!? by javalove(m): 6:51pm On Jul 28, 2009
DanWaziri:

So because they are from Niger and Chad they are not members of the ummah. I did not realize once you crossed an imaginary border you were no longer musulumi. If as you claim it is not a religious fight, why are they burning churches and mobbing innocents while reciting takbir? You need to take a long walk into the Sahara without water.

my friend go and sit down!!!!

when muslims do things, they are judged on their personality and not islam

when a muslim errs, he is crucified together with his religion. . .

what kinda world are we living in sef

We all condemn what is goingon. . ,muslims around the country condemn it too

and the governor, Ali Modu Sherrif vows to eliminate all of them cos they are not nigerians. . .!!!
Re: Bauchi Mayhem: Why Is Islam So Prone To Senseless Violence And Killing?!? by Abuzola(m): 7:03pm On Jul 28, 2009
Dan waziri, where the heck do you get the news that they burnt churches. You do know anything so go and sit down, were you not told not to meddle into discussion you know not.

The Tasine group never kill anybody so far, their assault still remain focus on police. Any media that says they killed people is a blatant liar, i hear my news directly from the spot scene through the hausa media.

George bush and hitler the fathers of murderer who killed millions of muslim ain't blame but when it comes to scores they quickly point to religion, iskanci kawai. ! Whether you blame or not it will not deter us from waging jihad if your leaders oppress us. Up mujahid Dokubo
Re: Bauchi Mayhem: Why Is Islam So Prone To Senseless Violence And Killing?!? by DanWaziri(m): 7:11pm On Jul 28, 2009
javalove:

my friend go and sit down!!!!

when muslims do things, they are judged on their personality and not islam

when a muslim errs, he is crucified together with his religion. . .

what kinda world are we living in sef

We all condemn what is goingon. . ,muslims around the country condemn it too

and the governor, Ali Modu Sherrif vows to eliminate all of them cos they are not nigerians. . .!!!

Boko Haram is fighting for you not to be on Nairaland. They want you to communicate by smoke signals and treat your wounds with cow dung and is it not amazing that they use your holy book and hadiths to justify these means of violence to a caliphatic end? You, Ali Modu Sherrif and the rest of the government that capitulated to Sharia in a secular Nigeria should still take that walk into the Sahara, preferably heading east as all "good" muslims should.
Re: Bauchi Mayhem: Why Is Islam So Prone To Senseless Violence And Killing?!? by javalove(m): 7:31pm On Jul 28, 2009
DanWaziri:

Boko Haram is fighting for you not to be on Nairaland. They want you to communicate by smoke signals and treat your wounds with cow dung and is it not amazing that they use your holy book and hadiths to justify these means of violence to a caliphatic end? You, Ali Modu Sherrif and the rest of the government that capitulated to Sharia in a secular Nigeria should still take that walk into the Sahara, preferably heading east as all "good" muslims should.

there r xtians who interpret the bible to suit themselves

there are jews who interpret the torah to suit theselves

there are muslims who d same. . .

so what d fuss

Noone is supporting what they are doing. . .
Re: Bauchi Mayhem: Why Is Islam So Prone To Senseless Violence And Killing?!? by DanWaziri(m): 7:33pm On Jul 28, 2009
Abuzola:

Dan waziri, where the heck do you get the news that they burnt churches. You do know anything so go and sit down, were you not told not to meddle into discussion you know not.

The Tasine group never kill anybody so far, their assault still remain  focus on police. Any media that says they killed people is a blatant liar, i hear my news directly from the spot scene through the hausa media.

George bush and hitler the fathers of murderer who killed millions of muslim ain't blame but when it comes to scores they quickly point to religion, iskanci kawai. ! Whether you blame or not it will not deter us from waging jihad if your leaders oppress us. Up mujahid Dokubo

As usual the straw man is used. Bush and Hitler have nothing to do with what is happening right now in Nigeria. Hausa media? I guess the Reuters/AP/Guardian UK/BBC/CNN correspondents are making things up as usual, right? I commend you for at least tuning into media accounts, but you can at least read and write in english since you responded to my post. Many media houses currently online and not strangled by sharia exist in the South, take your pick and they are reporting, with hausa correspondents, chaos including burned churches.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2009/july/28/national-28-07-2009-01.htm
http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/news/article01//indexn3_html?pdate=280709&ptitle=Sectarian%20violence%20spreads,%20157%20feared%20dead%20in%20Borno,%20Kano&cpdate=280709
Re: Bauchi Mayhem: Why Is Islam So Prone To Senseless Violence And Killing?!? by DanWaziri(m): 7:43pm On Jul 28, 2009
javalove:

there r xtians who interpret the bible to suit themselves

there are jews who interpret the torah to suit theselves

there are muslims who d same. . .

so what d fuss

Noone is supporting what they are doing. . .

That is very simplistic. Yes all religions suffer from extremism, the difference is the Christians and Jews learned from our failed experiences of corrupting our worship of God with politics.
Re: Bauchi Mayhem: Why Is Islam So Prone To Senseless Violence And Killing?!? by Abuzola(m): 8:10pm On Jul 28, 2009
What do you expect, propaganda ofcourse, thank God you admit it is the southern making the report. Why didn't any media atleast show the burning churches. Keep deceiving ya self. Ka gi ko
Re: Bauchi Mayhem: Why Is Islam So Prone To Senseless Violence And Killing?!? by reindeer: 10:07pm On Jul 28, 2009
Did you say propaganda?

Do you have any idea what these animals want?

If its not religion and if its not related to isslam, can u tell me what they want?

Please dont tell me its not isslam, that will be a big lie!
Re: Bauchi Mayhem: Why Is Islam So Prone To Senseless Violence And Killing?!? by gen2genius(m): 10:28pm On Jul 28, 2009
FROM TODAY'S "DAILY INDEPENDENT"

The North is on the boil from the grip of Islamic hardliners on rampage in Bauchi, Maiduguri, Potiskum, and Kano - cities in Bauchi, Borno, Yobe, and Kano States - where over 300 people were reportedly killed on Monday.

FROM TODAY'S "DAILY SUN"

Security forces on Monday fought gun battles with Islamist militants who staged attacks on police stations, prisons, churches and other government buildings in Borno, Yobe and Kano states, leaving no fewer than 100 dead.

With these continuous destruction of lives and properties by muslims, who wouldn't agree that Islam is truly a religion of "peace"? grin

Whether it's "politically-motivated" or not, why does it ALWAYS have to be the NORTH - the area with the highest concentration of muslims - that religious violence must occur? Could it be connected to the number of people muhammed and his followers killed in the name of Jihad or the fact that Islam has always spread by violence? angry

(1) (Reply)

? Who Is Truly Born Again And What Qualifies U To Enter Into The Kingdom Of God / Spirit Of Korah In Nairaland Forum / There Are No Black People In Heaven.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.