Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,196 members, 7,860,290 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:00 AM

Outrage As FG Abandons N140bn 2nd Niger Bridge - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Outrage As FG Abandons N140bn 2nd Niger Bridge (30693 Views)

President Buhari Gave Fashola Deadline On 2nd Niger Bridge And Other Projects / At Last, Work Begins On 2nd Niger Bridge / Senate Committee On Works Inspects 2nd Niger Bridge Progress (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Outrage As FG Abandons N140bn 2nd Niger Bridge by Nobody: 9:16am On Apr 01, 2016
Rexnegro:
since nigeria was created the tribe that has marginalized the igbos are the igbo themselves, Dr Peter oobi said this bitter truth lately which is the gospel truth..igbos ve always stay away from politics when other tribes are coming together at roundtable to discuss what up. igbo can die for a piece of land(at least I no them to large extent cos I grew up in obinze in Imo state) , imagine them asking to be carried alone in compensation And yet crying for the bridge to constructed? ain't they going to biafra again? Why should the zoo construct bridge for Them?
buhari just pity for Them Please. #uselessTribe
their is no call for you to insult my tribe just to get your opinion through. why moderators allow such posts to stand baffles me. The same goes to my igbo brethren let us try to be matured in our postings no matter the provocation .many non Nigerians also frequent this site . the fact that most eastern federal roads in the east are in dire state while ,a course for concern can't be blamed on buhari .as a rule ,most federal roads in naija are bad. let's give him the benefit we afforded gej .I didn't vote for him and am also not his greatest fan but, he would govern US for the next 4years let us pray he rises above our suspicions and prove US wrong. moderators pls do your job
Re: Outrage As FG Abandons N140bn 2nd Niger Bridge by omonnakoda: 9:25am On Apr 01, 2016
jamjo:

So you will now admit it that minus Lagos southwest are least developed in Nigeria. But i don't think so, southwest are more developed then the North. Now that you have admitted the obvious that southeast are more developed then southwest can you find it fit to say kudos to the Igbos because nearly all the development you see in igbo lands are self determinations. The Biafran war was fought in our lands, Igbos lost everything but they thrived to rebuild on their own . All the federal Road in southeast are dead traps, Buhari's cabinet Igbos was nearly no show, 2016 budget for the ministry of works, housing and power Southeast got mere 2.9 Billion why others are 80, 36, 20 something billion, the Nigerian customs reshuffle Southeast got a mere 4 positions while some got 36 , 24 and now the only major project in the Southeast has now stopped . A project which the Igbos will pay the money back in 25 years still it was cancelled . The federal government built a bridge across river Benue without a toll gate . So what happened to one Nigeria or is this the 5% that are at work my people..
Yes the SE is more developed than the SW I admit it. You do not need to write a book So can you help us lobby for fairness so we can have federal presence too. We need an expressway from Ibadan to Osogbo,from Osogbo to Ekiti and Ibadan to Ondo. Also we need to have rail line from Ibadan to Ekiti and a River Osun Bridge. You guys already have a federal airport in Enugu. We need one in Osogbo . Please do not be greedy and selfish . Let the goodies go round
Re: Outrage As FG Abandons N140bn 2nd Niger Bridge by glossy6(f): 9:36am On Apr 01, 2016
Love Igbos or Hate them, they have survived even with a paltry 20 pounds after the war
Re: Outrage As FG Abandons N140bn 2nd Niger Bridge by emmy4life02(m): 9:42am On Apr 01, 2016
aresa:

You and your leaders were part of the FG for 16 years, you voted for the same people twice for 16 years and you are still following the same people that denied you the bridge for 16 years and you didn't see or blame the FG for youe woes when the useless people you voted for and followed for 16 years, you see and blame the FG after you and your useless leaders that sold you off to the highest Ghana must go bidder lost the last election..

When you vote for people and put them in office, you do so because of what they they can do to help you, but you foolishly voted for the same people who took you for a ride twice, now you are crying.

So, who is the hypocrite? You of course.

You reap what you sow and you should be blaming yourself for getting scammed twice.

The say once bitten , twice shy, but you got bitten twice and you are still mumu...

smh..
I can't even get a grip of wat u are saying. sound as if u hv apraxia
Re: Outrage As FG Abandons N140bn 2nd Niger Bridge by emmy4life02(m): 9:48am On Apr 01, 2016
wirinet:

Why on earth did Ikedi Ohakim, Sam Egwu, Martin Elechi, Theodore Orji and all the PDP governors of the South East in the last 16 years, remain in the PDP if this special project that is dear to the SE and SS (igbo) people was not built. You people loved the PDP and would continue to love the PDP, despite not building the bridge, so why should an APC government you hate so much build it. Would you start liking APC even if the government build the bridge? Would you people vote for APC because they build the bridge? I doubt it. If the bridge was that important to south east, you people should have made it a campaign issue before pledging your votes in the last elections.
My dear i support d APC b4 d election. but @ d moment i think it was d greatest mistake i hv made
Re: Outrage As FG Abandons N140bn 2nd Niger Bridge by Billygee2u: 10:57am On Apr 01, 2016
Stolen:
Buhari hates the igbo but cannot tolerate Biafra.
Re: Outrage As FG Abandons N140bn 2nd Niger Bridge by sonssyo(f): 11:05am On Apr 01, 2016
its not a problem at all, lets wait until the Niger Bridge collapse. Good news for team buhari grin
Re: Outrage As FG Abandons N140bn 2nd Niger Bridge by ladyF(f): 12:53pm On Apr 01, 2016
kossyablaze:
leave me jor!U don't take my calls n avnt called since then.I'm mad at u
no vex abeg, I no get excuse, really sorry.

But I haven't really had time like that though, just mention some NL'ers, them go happy to follow you go flex.
Re: Outrage As FG Abandons N140bn 2nd Niger Bridge by wirinet(m): 12:53pm On Apr 01, 2016
emmy4life02:

My dear i support d APC b4 d election. but @ d moment i think it was d greatest mistake i hv made
Then you must be part of the 5%. Jokes apart, I do not know why you supported APC, but I think it is too early to regret supporting APC. If by the end of the four year mandate given the APC, the economy is as bad or worse than when they came in, then you will be justified in your regret.

The problem with the igbos is the people driving the agenda. Igbo's are blessed with intellectual giants but they allow touts to push their demands, so they use threats, tribal sentiments and insults to drive their demands. For example, the second Niger bridge is long overdue, in fact we need up to 5 Niger bridges for effective transportation link between the north and south. So the bridge should be presented as being a Nigerian project, crucial to the development of Nigeria, instead the project is being projected as being beneficial to only the igbos. Every Nigerian should be campaigning for the building of the bridge.

In Nigeria people support politicians for the wrong reasons, people vote based on tribal, sectional and religious sentiments. That is why the " it is our turn" campaign is more important that campaigns for jobs, water, food, education and other real issues. Politicians get into office not based on what they promised ( or at least lip service promises), but based on zoning formula, so it is illogical to such politician to perform miracles.

1 Like

Re: Outrage As FG Abandons N140bn 2nd Niger Bridge by mapet: 2:23pm On Apr 01, 2016
obailala:
Much ado about nothing!

How can work continue on the project when money hasn't been released?

Can someone kindly mention the federal works project that happened in the entire 2015?

Buhari just had his first budget passed last week and N17billion was budgeted for the said 2nd Niger bridge. The same last week, a N350billion stimulus was released to resume abandoned federal projects and the finance minister rightly announced that the priority projects are the Lagos Ibadan road and the 2nd Niger Bridge. So what exactly is this large scale wailing all about?

http://www.punchng.com/n350bn-package-lagos-ibadan-expressway-2nd-niger-bridge-to-benefit/

Please when we want to wail, let's do it with a little bit of wisdom and with some due diligence in getting the right info first.

This my address is to the Igbo folks who are wailing here like the foolish and the ignorant

1. Believe Authority newspapers at your own peril. It is simply a tool to push bigotry and falsehood
2. When Fashola was defending his budget with the Senate committee, and there were subtle protests about the budget not covering their sections and constituencies, Fashola mentioned that FG was concentrating on "Economic Roads", which are roads that offers equitable distribution of FG's offering to all parts of the country. The first on the list of "Economic Roads" mentioned is Second Niger Bridge
3. Just last week the Finance minister mentioned FG's N350b intervention to rejig the Economy. Second Niger Bridge tops the list of projects that the funds would be chanelled to.
4. So you want to tell me within a week the government will change their mind, after securing a budget approval for it? Why are we allowing fools to get into our heads? Someone sits down and concort falsehood, and we all make it our ethos? The same way we allowed a lazy and bigot ThisDay journalist to concort the famed "...we will not rest until sharia is practiced to all parts of Nigeria" and credit it as statment made by Buhari, when this journalist did not attend the event and neither speaks hausa.

Who are the enemies here? If we're to believe the report,
1. You will wonder why some communities are putting personal greed over national interest. You will wonder why governors in the state had not gone there to put these so called communities in their places. When a Lekki community were disturbing Dangote Refinery, Fashola went there and gave them a stern warning, today the Refinery is on target to commissioning in 2018. I dare ask why the governors, elders, Senator and HORs from SE had not taken this as a collective responsibility to meet the communities and resolve the logjam
2. PMB is hated for what is not founded, yet Onolememen is not questioned for the yet to be explained $700m?
3. How come an inconsequential statistic is the source of information? "An employee of the firm (name withheld) who claimed he was recruited in April 2014 at the site of the bridge, admitted that Julius Berger had stopped work at the project site since June 2015 due to non-funding by the Federal Government."
4. At times I wonder if our conscience works right. We prefer to lie against someone, despite knowing the negative consequences and also prefer to ignore, when we know it will put is in bad light. The enemies of the second Niger bridge was explined by Sir Ziggy Azike -

"https://www.nairaland.com/2602228/truth-second-niger-bridge-chibuzo-n"

3 Likes

Re: Outrage As FG Abandons N140bn 2nd Niger Bridge by obailala(m): 2:28pm On Apr 01, 2016
mapet:

This my address is to the Igbo folks who are wailing here like the foolish and the ignorant

1. Believe Authority newspapers at your own peril. It is simply a tool to push bigotry and falsehood
2. When Fashola was defending his budget with the Senate committee, and there were subtle protests about the budget not covering their sections and constituencies, Fashola mentioned that FG was concentrating on "Economic Roads", which are roads that offers equitable distribution of FG's offering to all parts of the country. The first on the list of "Economic Roads" mentioned is Second Niger Bridge
3. Just last week the Finance minister mentioned FG's N350b intervention to rejig the Economy. Second Niger Bridge tops the list of projects that the funds would be chanelled to.
4. So you want to tell me within a week the government will change their mind, after securing a budget approval for it? Why are we allowing fools to get into our heads? Someone sits down and concort falsehood, and we all make it our ethos? The same way we allowed a lazy and bigot ThisDay journalist to concort the famed "...we will not rest until sharia is practiced to all parts of Nigeria" and credit it as statment made by Buhari, when this journalist did not attend the event and neither speaks hausa.

Who are the enemies here? If we're to believe the report,
1. You will wonder why some communities are putting personal greed over national interest. You will wonder why governors in the state had not gone there to put these so called communities in their places. When a Lekki community were disturbing Dangote Refinery, Fashola went there and gave them a stern warning, today the Refinery is on target to commissioning in 2018. I dare ask why the governors, elders, Senator and HORs from SE had not taken this as a collective responsibility to meet the communities and resolve the logjam
2. PMB is hated for what is not founded, yet Onolememen is not questioned for the yet to be explained $700m?
3. How come an inconsequential statistic is the source of information? "An employee of the firm (name withheld) who claimed he was recruited in April 2014 at the site of the bridge, admitted that Julius Berger had stopped work at the project site since June 2015 due to non-funding by the Federal Government."
4. At times I wonder if our conscience works right. We prefer to lie against someone, despite knowing the negative consequences and also prefer to ignore, when we know it will put is in bad light. The enemies of the second Niger bridge was explined by Sir Ziggy Azike -

"https://www.nairaland.com/2602228/truth-second-niger-bridge-chibuzo-n"
The truth of the matter is that emotions blocks the ability of people to reason. I have since established this fact from the wailing game of the wailers.
Re: Outrage As FG Abandons N140bn 2nd Niger Bridge by obailala(m): 3:04pm On Apr 01, 2016
engrchykae:
U can take an African away from the cave but cannot take the cave out of the African.
Look at some people masturbating over neglected project in the southeast,a bridge that connects nigeria is neglected by the govt of nigeria and nigerians are not speaking out.
Please fellow nairalanders,take a lesson from what Jews did to Donald Trump during his meeting with AIPAC committee.some walked out on him citing that if he can call for the banning of moslems,mexicans,blacks.
He can also call for the banning of Jews.
Some said that they have heard such things before as Trump do remind them of Hitler.
During the 60s the targets are igbos,today middlebelt is the new battleground.
We have a proverb that said that the hen should watch how the partridge is being roasted because thats the same way the hen will be roasted.
An injustice on one is an injustice on all.
I believe kcn understood that after subduing the western region that the sardauna would turn his attention on the east but we look through the dim lens of ethnicity.
totorimi:
Gov Rochas Okorocha should now show us why on earth he is in APC if this special project that is dear to the SE and SS people can be stopped by this tribalistic and northern party government.
DonCortino:

So u are happy now that buhari has canceled it?
Nobody is marginalising the east but easterners themselves with wrong political calculations and misguided emotions. Enough of all these blame games.

For the person asking why Rochas is in APC, what sort of shameless hypocrisy is that?... You have supported PDP with your life to date and your PDP was in power for 16 freaking years and this bridge wasnt built and you saw absolutely nothing wrong in that. Now you want APC to build by force, a bridge which your darling PDP refused to build and you go ahead to put the blame on Rochas and Buhari?.... Why didn't you place the blame on the countless number of PDP governors from the SE that did nothing while PDP held sway for 16 years?...

Now the report says Julius Berger left the site mid-2015 due to non-funding of the project; can someone please remind me who prepared the budget for 2015?.... Of course you all saw nothing wrong in that cos it was your darling GEJ but you choose to heap the blame on the Buhari whom you love to hate, a Buhari who only just got his first budget passed last week?

Furthermore, none of you bothered to comment on the issue of the community protesting and blocking work because they want more compensation. I suppose this community is Daura and Buhari is also their chief right?

Not long ago, an allegation was made of $700million drawn from the sovereign wealth fund for this very bridge but the funds were later diverted to other things. All of you jumped into defensive mode defending your darling GEJ and his works minister but today you blame the hausa Buhari for lack of funds to continue this project?

This shameless hypocrisy and irrational emotions is sickening indeed. Just FYI, nobody is cancelling the 2nd Niger bridge, it is the very misguided emotions I mentioned above that is making you guys and your ilk peddle falsehood and wail continuously over this bridge just to justify your irrational hatred for Buhari. Buhari's works minister has constantly announced that completing this bridge is one of his biggest priorities together with the Lagos-Ibadan road. N17bn has also been budgeted for this bridge in Buhari's first budget. Just last week, Buhari's finance minister announced the release of a N350billion stimulus package to ensure contractors quickly return to site on several PDP abandoned projects, she made special reference to this very bridge.
http://www.punchng.com/n350bn-package-lagos-ibadan-expressway-2nd-niger-bridge-to-benefit/

So if I may ask, if not for the sake of intentionally spreading falsehood to justify your hatred for Buhari (who by the way does a very good job at ignoring your rants), what else is the purpose of peddling this falsehood about cancellation of 2nd Niger bridge just a week after the finance minister announced that funds have been released for it?

3 Likes

Re: Outrage As FG Abandons N140bn 2nd Niger Bridge by kossyablaze(m): 5:11pm On Apr 01, 2016
ladyF:

no vex abeg, I no get excuse, really sorry.

But I haven't really had time like that though, just mention some NL'ers, them go happy to follow you go flex.
Call me na plssss...do u still even av my number?
Re: Outrage As FG Abandons N140bn 2nd Niger Bridge by jamjo: 5:47pm On Apr 01, 2016
omonnakoda:
Yes the SE is more developed than the SW I admit it. You do not need to write a book So can you help us lobby for fairness so we can have federal presence too. We need an expressway from Ibadan to Osogbo,from Osogbo to Ekiti and Ibadan to Ondo. Also we need to have rail line from Ibadan to Ekiti and a River Osun Bridge. You guys already have a federal airport in Enugu. We need one in Osogbo . Please do not be greedy and selfish . Let the goodies go round

I was not writing a book as you put it just that the facts are too many for a line or two. You said we have a federal airport in southeast for only one airline as you can see that to me is sorry federal project until they do the needful on the airport. I am not greedy and selfish but the truth is bitter , the second Niger bridge is one of the most important bridge in Nigeria without it Southeast will be cut off from half of the country. Fairness are when Southeast got 2.9 billion from ministry of power, housing and works when you are getting 80 something billion.
Re: Outrage As FG Abandons N140bn 2nd Niger Bridge by omonnakoda: 6:47pm On Apr 01, 2016
jamjo:

I was not writing a book as you put it just that the facts are too many for a line or two. You said we have a federal airport in southeast for only one airline as you can see that to me is sorry federal project until they do the needful on the airport. I am not greedy and selfish but the truth is bitter , the second Niger bridge is one of the most important bridge in Nigeria without it Southeast will be cut off from half of the country. Fairness are when Southeast got 2.9 billion from ministry of power, housing and works when you are getting 80 something billion.
Your statement fails the Logic Test . You claim without 2nd Niger Bridge the SE would be cut off from the rest of the country,well there is no 2nd Niger Bridge now.

IS THE SE currently cut off from the rest of the Country? YES OR NO.

One or More Niger Bridges only connects the SE to Delta State and the SW Not to Bayelsa not to Rivers or Akwa Ibom or Cross River or to Benue or Kogi States. How are the people of ogi able to fight Anambra over disputed boundaries. Let us not shroud truth in sentiment. How does Niger Bridge connect SE to Abuja. There is a rail connection between Northern Nigeria and the SE where does it cross the Niger Bridge? Last time I checked it went from Kano to PH through Enugu. Where is the rail from Lagos to Benin or Lagos to Ado Ekiti

You already have one Niger Bridge while we have none. Do not be selfish give others a chance too .We deserve a River Osun bridge Biko!!

2 Likes

Re: Outrage As FG Abandons N140bn 2nd Niger Bridge by aresa: 7:03pm On Apr 01, 2016
emmy4life02:

I can't even get a grip of wat u are saying. sound as if u hv apraxia

I do understand that many of you have self induced reading and comprehension issues...

1 Like

Re: Outrage As FG Abandons N140bn 2nd Niger Bridge by Inova(m): 10:47pm On Apr 01, 2016
Joe4lv:
If federal govt can't do the bridge due to funding, they should realise that a typical Igbo man is rich and should create a platform for them to contribute funds for the bridge with a promise of staking their names on the bridge and pay them back after a stipulated time frame.

140b is a small thing for just 200 Igbo men. Try this strategy and see the bridge stand in 4 years.

If you have banker friends located within the vicinity of any major market across the federation, ask them how Igbo men handle cash deposits and transfer. You will be amazed on what you will hear.

Igbo men are proud set of people in areas where their names will be engraved/immortalized so they can beat their chest and say I contributed to the building of that bridge,check my name when you get there.

God bless the Igbo race cos they are a rare race that have made Africa proud in so many facets of life.

#NwaIgbo
#NwaAnambra
#NwaOmabala
#NwaAnam
Talk is cheap. Tell your Igbo brothers to fix their states first if they have such money.
Re: Outrage As FG Abandons N140bn 2nd Niger Bridge by ladyF(f): 1:31am On Apr 02, 2016
kossyablaze:
Call me na plssss...do u still even av my number?
Sorry, I didn't save it though, but I can go and dig from previous posts...
Re: Outrage As FG Abandons N140bn 2nd Niger Bridge by kossyablaze(m): 7:46am On Apr 02, 2016
ladyF:

Sorry, I didn't save it though, but I can go and dig from previous posts...
here 08035406367
Re: Outrage As FG Abandons N140bn 2nd Niger Bridge by compoundC: 7:49am On Apr 02, 2016
[size=38pt]That was fraud. The cost was only 5 billion. Jonathan goodluck inflated the price by 135 billion.

The project should be abandon
[/size]
Re: Outrage As FG Abandons N140bn 2nd Niger Bridge by omonnakoda: 8:36am On Apr 02, 2016
Zico5:
If these people are this pained then they should direct their anger towards GEJ. He promised to complete the project before his tenure end. Looking at the deal of this contract and money involved call for thorough investigation and scrutiny. No sane government will go along and build such project due to the nature of the contract. The current government has nothing to hide about the project, what is needed here is patient to ascertain the way forward. I trust Buhari to complete the project before his tenure ends

This is a quote from 2011
Afam4eva:
Al_harem has spoken the truth. You cannot eat your cake and still want to have. PDP controls the center.So, states that will benefit from the center are PDP states. They should go and meet oga Tinubu if they feel marginalized.

1 Like

Re: Outrage As FG Abandons N140bn 2nd Niger Bridge by omonnakoda: 8:40am On Apr 02, 2016
chino11:
yorooba marginalization and continued pauparisation is a welcome development to Nigerians, ofcos Nigeria will be a better place minus yoroobas
Re: Outrage As FG Abandons N140bn 2nd Niger Bridge by ba7man(m): 1:36pm On Apr 02, 2016
Adaure4ever:
let us stop living in denial and hypocrisy, The South East have been treated badly by the FG, its a well known fact.
The whole nation has been treated badly by subsequent FGs.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor / Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts / Senate Asks Multichoice To Introduce Pay-Per-View Packages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.