Stats: 3,151,270 members, 7,811,788 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:35 PM

Laptop Plugged In But Not Charging - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Laptop Plugged In But Not Charging (1826 Views)

Plugged In Not Charging / My Laptop Is Saying(charger Plugged In Not Charging) / How To Fix Laptop’s “plugged In Not Charging” Problem (2) (3) (4)

Laptop Plugged In But Not Charging by FunadoysKitchen(f): 8:37pm On Mar 31, 2016
Laptop gurus please help,
My laptop battery is on 65%, its not powering the system and will only switch on when connected to power supply and when I check the battery status, it says 65% plugged in not charging!
What could be the problem?

NB: I replaced the battery already but after 2 months, the same issue occurred. Even the new battery now isn't powering the system ...its also saying plugged in not charging
Re: Laptop Plugged In But Not Charging by iyamchee(m): 8:41pm On Mar 31, 2016
Madam.... ya battery has spoilt....... you don't need a prophet to tell you that.....

Women self...
Re: Laptop Plugged In But Not Charging by FunadoysKitchen(f): 11:14pm On Mar 31, 2016
iyamchee:
Madam.... ya battery has spoilt....... you don't need a prophet to tell you that.....

Women self...
Did you read the part where I said I already replacef the spoilt battery and the new battery also gave the same problem after 2 months of purchase?

Something has to be wrong somewhere jare
Re: Laptop Plugged In But Not Charging by iyamchee(m): 4:34am On Apr 01, 2016
FunadoysKitchen:

Did you read the part where I said I already replacef the spoilt battery and the new battery also gave the same problem after 2 months of purchase?

That means the battery you bought was fake or something, if you bought it from an original PC parts dealer, you can return it and request for another one
Re: Laptop Plugged In But Not Charging by ErasmusCOMP: 4:55am On Apr 01, 2016
FunadoysKitchen:

That legendary '65% plugged in not charging'. I'm sorry you need to change the battery again, which I can provide.
When you get a new battery, it's important you follow the charging cycle to make it last long.
You stay in Lagos?
Re: Laptop Plugged In But Not Charging by FunadoysKitchen(f): 6:21pm On Apr 01, 2016
ErasmusCOMP:

That legendary '65% plugged in not charging'. I'm sorry you need to change the battery again, which I can provide.
When you get a new battery, it's important you follow the charging cycle to make it last long.
You stay in Lagos?
I'm based in IB
Bought 1 from Ikeja of recent but Its also gone bad
Do you think something might be wrong with my system?
I even changed power pack sef
Re: Laptop Plugged In But Not Charging by ErasmusCOMP: 8:28pm On Apr 01, 2016
FunadoysKitchen:

I'm based in IB
Bought 1 from Ikeja of recent but Its also gone bad
Do you think something might be wrong with my system?
I even changed power pack sef
I will get you a good one (@least 5000mah).
Charge it 2 hours before first use.
Any other time you are charging it, once it's fully charged, unplug 'charger' and allow it to drain to 'battery low, please plug in bla bla bla'.... i.e one complete charging cycle. You can then plug your thing back.
Re: Laptop Plugged In But Not Charging by FunadoysKitchen(f): 7:17pm On Apr 02, 2016
ErasmusCOMP:

I will get you a good one (@least 5000mah).
Charge it 2 hours before first use.
Any other time you are charging it, once it's fully charged, unplug 'charger' and allow it to drain to 'battery low, please plug in bla bla bla'.... i.e one complete charging cycle. You can then plug your thing back.
Kk
How much does it cost n hw am I gonna get it
Re: Laptop Plugged In But Not Charging by ErasmusCOMP: 10:00pm On Apr 02, 2016
FunadoysKitchen:

Kk
How much does it cost n hw am I gonna get it
N5500. I will give it to a driver going to Ibadan. You will negotiate with him on phone how much you will pay him on delivery of the battery. I have done this uncountable times.
Re: Laptop Plugged In But Not Charging by FunadoysKitchen(f): 9:03am On Apr 03, 2016
ErasmusCOMP:

N5500. I will give it to a driver going to Ibadan. You will negotiate with him on phone how much you will pay him on delivery of the battery. I have done this uncountable times.
Kk
Whats your best price and whats the warranty on d battery
Not that I cant get in ib....I jus want to be certain I'll get original
Re: Laptop Plugged In But Not Charging by Richrico(m): 3:29pm On Apr 03, 2016
Nothing seems to be wrong with your battery. Check your charger it could be the problem. It happened to me before.

Re: Laptop Plugged In But Not Charging by FunadoysKitchen(f): 8:34pm On Apr 03, 2016
Richrico:
Nothing seems to be wrong with your battery. Check your charger it could be the problem. It happened to me before.
I bought a new charger but its stll not charging
Re: Laptop Plugged In But Not Charging by kafeii123: 1:35am On Jun 19, 2016
ErasmusCOMP:

You stay in Lagos?

Can you help with replacement battery (9cells) for a dell xpsl502x ? how much and where can you be reached?
Re: Laptop Plugged In But Not Charging by ErasmusCOMP: 5:52am On Jun 19, 2016
kafeii123:

Can you help with replacement battery (9cells) for a dell xpsl502x ? how much and where can you be reached?
Can't help now. I'm sorry.

Macbook Pro With Retina Display. I5, 8g Ram, 128ssd Year 2014 / Uk Used Hp Elitebook 2530p Corei5 320gb Hdd,4gb Ram 35k / Which Is More Lucrative? Phone Repair Or Computer Repair