Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,068 members, 7,849,324 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 06:37 PM

Nigerians Were Promised Change, But They Never Asked What Kind Of Change.. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Were Promised Change, But They Never Asked What Kind Of Change.. (410 Views)

Some #istandwithbuhari Supporters Were Promised #1000 To Show Up - TVC / We Promised Change And It Has Come - Lai Mohammed / I Never Asked Buhari To Declare State Of Emergency In Ekiti - Falana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Were Promised Change, But They Never Asked What Kind Of Change.. by Nobody: 8:50pm On Mar 31, 2016
Its so Sad that, Some Folks asked for change, without asking for the kind of change, Change can either be for the best or negative, I see a painful change in this case, I choose to keep my cool and watch, overtime i try to open my mouth but, i just choose not to spill, I hope those who asked for change, without asking further what kind of change to expect are feeling the impact.

Before you start knocking me out, i wish to make it clear that i was never a beneficiary of the last administration neither did i support it, nor do i applaud the mismanagement of it, but i felt the worst was to be expected. The moment the Front runner of this current administration, refused/ boycotted a DEBATE. The fact that he boycotted the Debate was enough to let every reasonable Nigerian Know, that the professed change can't be trusted. A debate shows how intelligent one can be, and how humble one can handle criticism or react to difficult issues. If you have been following, the trend, at least you can see each with his fruit from the debates/ voices of those running for office in the states. It's sad, you people did not see it coming. Many claimed that it was a wise decision to boycott the debate. Now i hope they see the effect. How do you know what a man is made of, when he does not open his mouth to speak. Presently with the trends and happenings, how many times has the President spoken out to address issues. Lets call a spade a spade, what's wrong is wrong, if at this point things have gotten this messy. What should Nigerians expect in the following months.

Truth be told, i grew up, seeing Nigerians full of hope, praying things would get better, churches/ Mosques everywhere, yet things go bad and hardly ever gets fixed or return to its old state. Even after gulping a lot of funds, yet it still remains the same or gets worse. I think its time people wake up to reality and face the truth. Truth starts from you telling yourself the truth, irrespective of your affiliations. Reality is that every Nigerians should first renew his minds and be truthful to themselves. Fuel prices has kept rising, how sure are we it would drop. Almost everything defy the law of gravity in beloved Nigeria. Even when other countries experience a drop, Nigerians would bluntly refuse to put it down, because of their personal gain, while others suffer in pain.

Before you nod your head, look within. I saw wickedness and how cruel people are, willing to exploit others at any slight opportunity. In Lagos, when it rains or there is minor traffic, you would experience a raise in fare by anything close to 50% of the initial fare. Yet these are people who either end up in church or Mosque, yet they don't care about the pains of others. They point to the head too, when in their own little offices they cause pain for the ordinary man. If you walk into a Govt. office, if you don't shake hands in exchange, it's likely no one would attend to you. Truth be told, these people at the helm of affairs did not fall from heaven or from space. They grew into what they are over time, they grew in Nigeria. So the change should come from within, not about creed, region or religion.
What's wrong is wrong, what's right is right. A dog remains a dog, paint its nose blue, it remains a dog.

For those who, say the administration is just a year and has not spent time, is it when people become famished and dead that they can cry out? Why over promise and under perform? Do people have to wait till things get worse before they cry out? It's high time people start talking so the captain can look again, before the ship knocks the ice. So let people speak. Constructive criticism is welcome, not pointing fingers without looking within. Pot holes start from a crack, people drive pass, no one complains till it becomes a gorge.
Lets learn, lets tell ourselves the truth. Peace.
Re: Nigerians Were Promised Change, But They Never Asked What Kind Of Change.. by Nobody: 9:28pm On Mar 31, 2016
True talk. Don't be surprise that you will be labelled Biafra or Tanoid

(1) (Reply)

Mai Cow In Aso Rock / (video) Never Seen Interview With President Mohammed Huhari. / Sensitive Question

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.