Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,989 members, 7,810,761 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:47 PM

Know Your Car History Well. - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Know Your Car History Well. (482 Views)

How Can I Get This Car History!! / Free Car History Report Autocheck N300 ONLY Till 31st July!! / Do You Know Your Tyre Has An Expiry Date? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Know Your Car History Well. by jeffizy(m): 4:59am On Apr 01, 2016
The joy of many guys(myself inclusive) is getting into a new whip and slamming on full throttle.
But as exhilarating as the feelings of getting a new car are, the banana peels never cease to exist.

The economy is not friendly enough for most car enthusiasts to get a brand new car yet.
We make do with our foreign used cars aka TOKUNBO, while some still opt for the “Naija used” cars.

But do you know the history of the particular car you wanna take on a long trip cos you just acquired it?

Recently, Toyota recalled it's rav4 (2007-2008) models for seat belts default noticed.
But if you are not privy to such information, then what happens?
A further research revealed that most brands and not just Toyota have recalled models over time.

The automaker has been unable to confirm if the fatality or injury are connected with the defect prompting its recall of RAV4, RAV4 EV and Vanguard SUV models, spokeswoman Kayo Doi said in an e-mail. Rear seat belts in the vehicles could be cut by metal seat-cushion frames in severe front crashes and fail to restrain passengers, she said.
The recall also tacks on to what is already one of Toyota’s biggest ever repair campaigns involving safety devices. Toyota is among 14 manufacturers calling back about 24 million vehicles to replace Takata Corp. inflators that have ruptured and led to the largest U.S. auto-safety recall. Older RAV4 models also are included in the Takata air bag recall.

:Courtesy Bloomberg

But in the face of such scary recalls , how does one get to enjoy and use a ride that you fancy?
I suggest you do a 15 minute research and get fact-based, indepth information about your favorite car before writing the payment check.

Knowledge is power. Don't let ignorance snatch you or any of yours.

Cheers.

(1) (Reply)

2005/2006 Toyota Highlander V6 Or I4 / Registered Toyota Camry 1998 Tiny Light V6 Engine Price 580,000 Negotiable. / Good News For Uber Taxi Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.