Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Group Urges Buhari To Declare 3-year State Of Emergency On The Economy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Group Urges Buhari To Declare 3-year State Of Emergency On The Economy (447 Views)

Strike: Ekiti Labour Leaders Go Spiritual, Declare 3-day Fasting / Release Results Of June 12, 1993 Presidential Poll, Afenifere Group Urges Buhari / Muslim Group Urges FG To Declare Fulani Herdsmen Terrorists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Group Urges Buhari To Declare 3-year State Of Emergency On The Economy by maxdozie(m): 7:08am On Apr 01, 2016
The president of the group, Emeka Ugwu-Oju, who headed the group to a meeting with Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo, later told State House correspondents that the nation’s economy was in a terrible state.

He said his delegation advised President Buhari to declare the state of emergency after due consultation with the National Assembly.

He said, “On the current stage of the economy, we strongly suggested and advised that Mr. President, as a matter of urgency in consultation with the National Assembly, declare a three-year state of emergency on the economy. ‎

“And this is not about APC and PDP. It’s something that is non-partisan; our economy is bad, people should realise that because we’re making it seem like it’s something that’ll go away.

“We were having $100 a barrel and now, we might not have $50 a barrel in the next three years and we’ve to factor it in.

“This issue of fuel scarcity is a typical example of what has happened. We didn’t plan for it before, we now have to get every citizen not a question of Mr. Bad or Mr. Good, the total leadership has to realise that all Nigerians have to come together, we’ve to roll up our sleeves so that everyone has a role to play.

“We’ve to sacrifice, it’s not just the poor that should be sacrificing alone. For example, I see no reason why any minister, governor or whoever should be travelling outside economy class.

“We’ve to show that things are bad. You can’t tell me things are bad and I see you drinking champagne, flying first class or private jet. Same goes for the private sector.

“These were the things we tried to make the vice president know and then communicate. We had a good engagement and as you know, he is very intelligent, very hardworking, very cerebral and we’re happy he is the vice president of the country.”

oju also said that they where planning a second south south/south east forum but they might be seen as a geo-political group

“We try to interface with South-west professionals and others from other geo-political zones on how we can get the Nigerian economy out of the woods.

“We believe each zone has some to bring to the table. We don’t have to wait for the federal government to do things for us. We, the professionals, want to see what we can bring to the table.

“We, from the South-south, South-east, are bringing the energy corridor project to the table and we can say we’ve the most comparative advantage on that.”

Source: http://www.oneinfoplus.com/2016/03/group-urges-buhari-to-declare-3-year.html?m=1
Re: Group Urges Buhari To Declare 3-year State Of Emergency On The Economy by maxdozie(m): 7:32am On Apr 01, 2016
Might save the economy
@ lalasticlala
Re: Group Urges Buhari To Declare 3-year State Of Emergency On The Economy by xclusiveguy4(m): 7:34am On Apr 01, 2016
We were having $100 a barrel and now, we might not have $50 a barrel in the next three years and we’ve to factor it in.

I tend to disagree with this $50 is achievable, even beyond,
Re: Group Urges Buhari To Declare 3-year State Of Emergency On The Economy by ikp120(m): 8:03am On Apr 01, 2016
Re: Group Urges Buhari To Declare 3-year State Of Emergency On The Economy by maxdozie(m): 8:18am On Apr 01, 2016
xclusiveguy4:
We were having $100 a barrel and now, we
might not have $50 a barrel in the next three
years and we’ve to factor it in.

I tend to disagree with this $50 is achievable, even beyond,

Not with the way the current economy situation

(1) (Reply)

Funny But True! / Plot To Unleash Sponsored Anti- Saraki Protests Uncovered / I Won’t Resign - Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.