Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,733 members, 7,840,843 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

Reason Why Nollywood Movies May Be Harmful To Your Kids. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Reason Why Nollywood Movies May Be Harmful To Your Kids. (399 Views)

Six Food Combinations You Never Knew Were Harmful / Would You Send Your Kids To This School? (Pictured) / We'll Withdraw Your Kids From School If You Tarnish Our Image On Social Media-FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Reason Why Nollywood Movies May Be Harmful To Your Kids. by Nobody: 7:43am On Apr 01, 2016
I'm Nigerian, and yes am proud to be black, but that doesn't mean I won't stand by the truth. Here are my reasons why you should be selective when choosing Nollywood movies for your kids!

1. Most Nollywood movies are too Diabolical : is a general norm in nollywood movies to practice "Juju" or black power, this is not only dangerous to kids but also affects their mindset in a negative way. I urge our movie producers to reduce this or better still to stop it. Recommendation : " Exposing your child to scientific movies, fictional movies or movies rich in literature will drive your kids to do a lot better with their creative minds"

2. Most Nollywood movies are filled with grammatical errors/blunders: This is mostly seen in yoruba movies, the translation is usually so poor and filled with grammatical blunders, I urge them to do something about this for the sake of our children! Recommendation: Yoruba is a rich culture and language, so I urge movie producers to employ graduates to do the translation into English language and vice versa.

3. Although, it exposes evil deeds but it also shows kids new ways to do bad things :
I remember some years back, during the days of Akin and PawPaw ruling the movie industry showing us some skills of how they punish their father (usually Sam loco (Rip)), although those stunts were funny but not until a kid in my classroom placed a biro only for his colleague to sit on it (you can imaging the pain). After punishing the child who committed such expensive and deadly stunt, he then admitted that he saw it on TV....

Nollywood is our own, and the world is watching Nigeria sometimes through Nollywood,
there are lots of other beautiful things about Nigeria ( not just money rituals, juju , etc). Please let's improve on our movies!!!!

Feel free to add yours!!!

(1) (Reply)

Informative Images / 10 Fascinating Historical Origins Of Everyday Idioms / AAU Update

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.