Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,039 members, 7,821,578 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

Rejoinder: My Abuja Experience - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Rejoinder: My Abuja Experience (746 Views)

My Abuja – Kaduna Train Experience; A Sweet Bitter Pill - Man Recounts. Photos / My Abuja – Kaduna Train Experience; A Sweet Bitter Pill - Man Recounts. Photos / Pics And Vids From My Abuja Trip (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rejoinder: My Abuja Experience by project8(m): 8:00am On Apr 01, 2016
unlike d oda lady who squats with a guy or friends... my case was a lil funny,adventurous and indeed an experience I wil Neva forget.

born and brot up in d north, schooled in d north BT as destiny had it I got a job last yr in d fct,full of excitement until it occurred to me DAT accommodation in abj is sumtn else so as a guy I told myself life goes on...
in d course of my documentation I stayed wit a friend in maitama ,left for Kd afterwards.
so in other not to be a liability to anyone cos I ave always bn an independent mind.I arranged wit a friend on accommodation bfr I assume office fully.

GETTING ACCOMMODATION

jus like d previous op stated that there are more empty houses than occupied ones in d fct.
we met a security man at garki,arranged with him jus a room (bq) jus to sleep n wakeup,goto work wknds cos there is possibility that d house agents can come at anytime for inspection I travel on Fridays back home then return to work monday .so I CNT spend d wknd in d house,who knows cos I don't kno anywhr and no friends close by to go visit so I ave that fear I may be caught.I sleep in fear every night praying to God to help me leave there quietly til I ave enof money to rent a place.I also fear fr d security also cos if I gt caught he can be fired.sometimes I close and reach my illegal apartment by 3pm or so..because its too early I ave to stay outside til its dark b4 I can enta to settle for d day.in some cases I stroll to there gardens to gt a soft drink,sipping n taking my time til its getting dark b4 I go.
in anoda case,I try making friends wit most of d security men sodat I kno watsup wit d area,sodat they don't see me as a spy or sumtn.I advice them abt life .I gave them hope.made them understand they can still make it in life.told them my story...how I made it too.

HOW I SURVIVED D SECURITY MAN

1.I foot all d
bills,waterboard,macleans,provision, I buy him bread when ever m coming bk from my home to fct,

2.I pay d security man 10k every month.
note I stayed fr jus 3months.

3.I made him my friend sodat we don't ave any issues,and I always pray at night bfr I sleep sodat we don't ave any issues.

4.I wakeup up as early as 5am ,prepare myself and stay outside d house though inside my car,waiting fr 7am bfr I move to work.

5.because I CNT cook I always buy food or take tea fr these periods.
6.because its not my house I only ave a single blanket and my pillow inside d boot of my car which I use to spread to sleep on d floor.and as early as 5am I fold it back inside my car boot.

7.sometimes even after gaining access to d house I ave to seat inside d compound jus to make sure nobody is coming to check or inspect d house cause it happened to me once,and since then I became cautious.
8.because he knows am around,d security guy goes out to flirt also and come late.

MY FUN TIME

the only time I ave fun was Tuesdays and Wednesday during the uefa champions league, as a barca fan I watch all d matches jus to while away time.trust me not all d matches are interesting:apology to chealsea fans,una match boring.d only part I enjoyed was wen Mikel scored a goal against PSG.choi.

How I got My apartment

As God destined it.my money was ready and I wit d help of a colleague in office went around town,a safe distance from my office and got an apartment.

LEAVING d SECURITY GUY

Cos he's comfortable d way I foot all his bills he didn't want me to go.I had to form a lie DAT m travelling home and maybe if I gt d money m looking fr I will try n gt a new place.
he wasn't convinced sha.. d next week I called him to inform him abt my new place n I promised I was coming to tank him n say goodbye officially.. no mind me until now I Neva show..
maybe u guys can learn sumtn from my experience also.
DNT MIND SUM OF MY BLUNDERS OO.jus trying to express my innate roughly

1 Like

Re: Rejoinder: My Abuja Experience by belloabd1914(m): 8:18am On Apr 01, 2016
Nice one op, but how come u have a car without an apartment?. I like ur survival instinct even though it is risky. D gate man could have arranged ritualist to get u cos no one would notice ur absence since they didn't know u reside there. Tank God for ur life less I forget, don't forget to help anyone in a similar situation as urs

1 Like

Re: Rejoinder: My Abuja Experience by project8(m): 9:04am On Apr 01, 2016
belloabd1914:
Nice one op, but how come u have a car without an apartment?. I like ur survival instinct even though it is risky. D gate man could have arranged ritualist to get u cos no one would notice ur absence since they didn't know u reside there. Tank God for ur life less I forget, don't forget to help anyone in a similar situation as urs
I was working before and ave my personal car before I got d new job under fg,u kno wat it means to jump frm private firm to federal job nau.

1 Like

Re: Rejoinder: My Abuja Experience by usermane(m): 11:26am On Apr 01, 2016
project8:
2.I pay d security man 10k every month. note I stayed fr jus 3months.

10k/month just for a bed space you occupy less than 6 hours daily!!!! Some 9-5 jobs don't even pay up to 10k per month.

I foot all d bills,waterboard,macleans,provision, I buy him bread when ever m coming bk from my home to fct

Impossible! After paying 10k? I mean, seriously, if you pass only a few hours sleep at night there, by dawn you leave and do not return till midnight then you didn't predispose him to much risk. The chances of you getting busted by the house agent was slim to none. And you could have reached a better bargain, say #5000 per month without even paying for his groceries. Is there something am missing here?

because its not my house I only ave a single blanket and my pillow inside d boot of my car which I use to spread to sleep on d floor.and as early as 5am I fold
it back inside my car boot.

Lucky, you got a car. Saves transportation expenses. But wasn't it possible to pass your nights in your car?
Re: Rejoinder: My Abuja Experience by project8(m): 2:26pm On Apr 01, 2016
usermane:

10k/month just for a bed space you occupy less than 6 hours daily!!!! Some 9-5 jobs don't even pay up to 10k per month.

Impossible! After paying 10k? I mean, seriously, if you pass only a few hours sleep at night there, by dawn you leave and do not return till midnight then you didn't predispose him to much risk. The chances of you getting busted by the house agent was slim to none. And you could have reached a better bargain, say #5000 per month without even paying for his groceries. Is there something am missing here?

Lucky, you got a car. Saves transportation expenses. But wasn't it possible to pass your nights in your car?

bros as a JJC I cudnt risk loosing that opportunity, I did all I did jus to part peacefully wit d guard
Re: Rejoinder: My Abuja Experience by Originalsly: 3:30pm On Apr 01, 2016
Nice one bro....you know to live and let live...one hand washes the other....you really befriended the security.....turning the tables...making him wanting you stay. I do hope ehmm...'d lady' reads this and learn how to make it on her own.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Denmark Scraps Green Card Scheme But Spares Current Holders / Documents For Italian Visa Application. / How To Earn 'points' To Come To The US Under Trump Immigration Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.