Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,318 members, 7,836,377 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

Forget Petrol, Tesla Model 3 Electric Car Has Launched At N6.9m Only - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Forget Petrol, Tesla Model 3 Electric Car Has Launched At N6.9m Only (4421 Views)

Tesla Model 3 Electric Car Can Now Park Itself Without A Driver Behind The Wheel / Toyota’s New Self-driving Car Has Two Steering / My Car Has Been Stolen In Maitama Abuja(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Forget Petrol, Tesla Model 3 Electric Car Has Launched At N6.9m Only by shocker007(m): 5:03pm On Apr 06, 2016
Lexusgs:

Hopefully, the Chinese would manufacturer standby powerbanks we can use to power our Tesla's.

The PowerWall is already available for you as a power bank.
You can carry it along if you want.
But you mean you want to refill ur car in traffic? The way people will rush you with gallon ehn. They'll just think you r one pay as you go fuel retailer grin
Re: Forget Petrol, Tesla Model 3 Electric Car Has Launched At N6.9m Only by daveemuobo(m): 5:53pm On Apr 10, 2016
shocker007:

May i know what sense the word "Grounded" mean in the bolded comment?

Plus I see quite some uninformed people out there saying Solar isn't efficient but I've been using this for over a year.
"I hear Say" have affected large numbers of Nigerians.

okay letme explain. your tesla S for instance is approx $76,000 (using 320 to the dollar,its getting to N24.3 mills). the reason why this car which is damn expensive is bought even by the middle class is simply because it is cost effective.
You talk about solar charging and all that stuff but even here in the US, charging most Tesla's is free forever else many middle class folks wont even afford to incur extra bills on electricity just to travel intercity with the Tesla. (check the supercharger network).
even the braking system is not like your conventional brake disc ones.Nigerian roads arent good with cars even with brand new ones so tell me who will adjust your suspension system which they do regularly, when you change location. One small accident will put you offline till you are fixed,i do not mean a major accident.that car's priority is safety.

it is very very baffling to buy such a car and use for status symbols (which my people are fond off and is not only vain but foolish). I encourage us to quit this crappery. You cannot service the car in your locality, you cannot get free charging which is one of the purpose of spending that much, you cannot use lots of premium function such as the android app sync functions, autopilot, Use your car in Lagos traffic and you will be annoyed with the number of alerts you'll get. shuo?
Its not all about the power and charging bros, there are lots more about the Tesla you need to know.

if you go much want a hybrid, Get a Toyota Prius or some plug-in hybrid, not an all electric ..

2 Likes

Re: Forget Petrol, Tesla Model 3 Electric Car Has Launched At N6.9m Only by daveemuobo(m): 6:33pm On Apr 10, 2016
If you want the Tesla in Nigeria, lobby the government to pay huge money to tesla for them to setup market here.The Nissan leaf had much government support in some countries

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Advice On Volvo S60 / My Range Rover Sports 2006 Model Transmission Problem / Decision On Toyota Avalon 2002

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.