Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,089 members, 7,811,058 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:51 PM

No Light, No Fuel: 5 things i have noticed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Light, No Fuel: 5 things i have noticed (647 Views)

There Is Something Funny I Have Noticed About A Particular Region On This Forum / "No Food, No Roads, No Light, No Water, No Probs" (Photo) / No Light, No Fuel: When Will This Suffering End? (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Light, No Fuel: 5 things i have noticed by LMAyedun(m): 2:09pm On Apr 01, 2016
In this perilous time in the life of our country, as the effects of 'No Light, No fuel' bits even harder by the day, i bring to you 5 significant effects of the shortage of these two important commodities in the life of common Nigerians.

1. More frustrated faces - Nigerians are well-known to be the 'suffering and smiling' type, but i think the continous scarcity of fuel and light (Electricity) has bitten deeper than it can chew. I saw an elderly man yesterday, walking alone with a keg of petrol in his hand and when he got closer, i over heard him saying to himself "Buhari Oloriburuku" (meet a yoruba brother for the meaning). I also took a walk around town yesterday and i came across about 3 different fights at different neighbourhoods with crowd of people raining curses and abusive words on each other.
I concluded that 'the street isn't smiling' no thanks to the fuel scarcity and the Nationwide blackout.

2. Quiet Neighbourhoods - A litre of fuel was sold here for 500 yesterday. Due to this neck-breaking cost of fuel, coupled with a terribly harsh economy and a nationwide blackout. many houses, shops, mosques and churches that usually entertain/disturb with extremely loud speakers and noisy 'i-pass-my-neighbour' generator sets, without being told, they have all gone on exile. The streets are now calm and quiet, no thanks to the fuel scarcity and the nationwide blackout.

3. Lesser traffic congestion - Many people has adopted trekking as a new means of getting to their destinations, as almost all the major means of transportation has been grounded. Okadas, cabs and even private vehicles are not up and running as usual and even when you are lucky enough to get either an okada or a cab, the charges per drop can put a big hole in your pocket.

4. Sleeping outside - Many people can no longer sleep within the four walls of their houses as it seems the Global warming of a thing is venting her anger on only the nation called Nigeria. Our air-conditioners and electric fans are already covered in cobwebs and dusts. Still no thanks to the fuel scarcity and the nationwide blackout.

5. Charging spots in Mosques and churches - Some of our churches and mosques that are rich enough and opportuned to still worship with a generator set, now have their members pulling out different sizes and types of electrical extension boxes just before the start of the service just to recharge their lamps, mobile phones etc.
Worship centers are now charging centers, no thanks to the fuel scarcity and the nationwide blackout.

What are the effects you have noticed..?
Feel free to add yours.
Re: No Light, No Fuel: 5 things i have noticed by yunglykmine(m): 2:36pm On Apr 01, 2016
I dey come!
Re: No Light, No Fuel: 5 things i have noticed by zuchyblink(m): 3:11pm On Apr 01, 2016
APC E-thugs be like IPOB yoots

1 Like

Re: No Light, No Fuel: 5 things i have noticed by Rayhutar(m): 4:51pm On Apr 01, 2016
Why cant they sell Nigeria to the highest bidder, Nigerian politicians are all after their pockets

(1) (Reply)

Angry Soldiers Block, Release GOC Over Food, Water Shortage / Caption This photo Of President Buhari and Obama / The Mistake Of March 28th,2015.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.