Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

Degrading State Of Nigeria National Park-old Oyo. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Degrading State Of Nigeria National Park-old Oyo. (1968 Views)

Nigeria National Anthem In Pidgin / The Old Nigeria National Pledge / See The State Of PHCN Pole In Ojodu, Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Degrading State Of Nigeria National Park-old Oyo. by TIDDOLL(m): 8:56pm On Apr 01, 2016
With great enthusiasm of what lies in stock in terms of game viewing and attractions i prepared for my journey to old Oyo National park,only to be met with damning infrastructural and technical management,extending to invisible research work which may probably enable the RE-introduction of unavailable animals to the park,animals like Elephant,Lion and much more,which formerly grace the vast area of the park.On getting to Igbeti range which boast of Oyo-ile[relics of Old Oyo empire dating to the reign of Alafin Sango]we had to fuel the park's patrol vehicle to convey us, all this problems generating from inadequate funding of what may turn out to be a gold mine to buttress Nigeria's GDP. And political influence in selection of Directors in all levels of the park management up to the post of conservator general, case of an Accounting/Finance graduate with the post of a CP,highly ludicrous!! perhaps he his required to conserve money in place of flora&fauna.Nigerian government and Nigeria as a nation should wake up from her slumber,and revitalize a sector some other countries cherish. BY~ TIDDOLL

Re: Degrading State Of Nigeria National Park-old Oyo. by kolomax(m): 9:32pm On Apr 01, 2016
It's a pity that our government don't give a fvck about this places... In fact the place is now better back then if am going to oke OGUN environ am always afraid of that side because of arm robbers

1 Like

Re: Degrading State Of Nigeria National Park-old Oyo. by TIDDOLL(m): 9:43pm On Apr 01, 2016
kolomax:
It's a pity that our government don't give a fvck about this places... In fact the place is now better back then if am going to oke OGUN environ am always afraid of that side because of arm robbers
Just imagine ,a protected area filled with armed robbers on the road, what then should be the safety of tourists...very bad.

1 Like

Re: Degrading State Of Nigeria National Park-old Oyo. by Bomoobacom(m): 11:53am On Apr 02, 2016
when Nigeria's gold(oil) is no longer available, government will have a rethink towards conservation. . . .i just hope it will not be too late by then.

watch out for my article on my visit to Old Oyo National Park coming up on the Nigerian Society For Environmental Conservation(NSEC) Magazine. . . .
The issues the op raise has been addressed in it.

(1) (Reply)

7 Exotic Visa Free Countries For Nigerians / "An Old Crippled Man Engaged To A Young Lady For Marriage / 1xbet Refused To Pay My Winnings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.