Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:52 PM

Treatment For A Human Bite - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Treatment For A Human Bite (762 Views)

Indian Woman Suffocates After Being Buried Alive In Cow Dung For Snake Bite(Pics / India Man Chews Off Snake's Head In Revenge After Snake Bite – Report / What You Need To Know About Mosquitoes Bite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Treatment For A Human Bite by muzzafar(m): 12:35am On Apr 02, 2016
This is an emergency and i need the advice of Nairaland Medics.

We are waiting for the engineer to fix our engine boat which we must use to transport back to PHCity we are stranded in an ireland called 'jigama' in Rivers state.
We came here from PHCity in a group of 6men to buy the waste product of locally refined crude. We have finished loading the drums into our boat but our engine developed a fault .

As we were chatting an arguement broke out between Amangi and I , and this turned to a fight which Amangi used his teeth to bite me so deep into my chest, blood came out.

Now we have settled the fight 5hours ago but its now clear that we are not going today because we have to replace a part of the engine and because that spare part cant be bought here in jigama we have to wait till tomorow.

Plz doctors in the house how poisonous is the human teeth? There are no hospital here in jigama

if i dont treat this wound in the next 24 hours what will be the implication?
Re: Treatment For A Human Bite by thesicilian: 12:49am On Apr 02, 2016
As long as the bleeding has stopped just clean with Methylated spirit and apply plaster/bandage, to avoid infection since you said the wound is deep.

Get Tetanus Toxoid injection, pain relief medications (even paracetamol should be okay if that's all you can find) and antibiotics.

See a doctor as soon as you can.

Human bites are generally not poisonous so there's no need for fear.

2 Likes

Re: Treatment For A Human Bite by dominique(f): 1:44am On Apr 02, 2016
thesicilian:

As long as the bleeding has stopped just clean with Methylated spirit and apply plaster/bandage, to avoid infection since you said the wound is deep.

Get Tetanus Toxoid injection, pain relief medications (even paracetamol should be okay if that's all you can find) and antibiotics.

See a doctor as soon as you can.

EOD

2 Likes

Re: Treatment For A Human Bite by muzzafar(m): 2:13am On Apr 02, 2016
thesicilian:

Thank you very much
Re: Treatment For A Human Bite by thesicilian: 10:18am On Apr 02, 2016
muzzafar:

Thank you very much
you're welcome

(1) (Reply)

Atopic Dermatitis / Eat These Healthy Foods For A Flat, Sexy Tummy! / Sex Is Good: 5 Reasons You Should Have Sex More Frequently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.