Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:43 AM

My Involvement In A Riot That Almost Took My Life. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Involvement In A Riot That Almost Took My Life. (927 Views)

Oladelemi Philip Olubakin: NBA Took My Buhari Painting To Him As Birthday Gift / Akon Ikeme Has Confessed For Her Involvement In Dino Melaye's Tape Scandal - SR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Involvement In A Riot That Almost Took My Life. by mrlaw93(m): 10:35am On Apr 02, 2016
I use to live in a neighborhood where there are lot of guys who live as one. We do almost everything together aside doing the same girl. It happened that one of us is getting married on a beautiful Saturday and we all went in same ankara outfit.

The area which is the venue where the bride's family lives is some miles away from ours. As guys,we chattered a bus that conveyed us there. On getting to the bus stop, we had to alight because the venue could not be accessed by bus. Moving to the venue a tout approached us to pay for walking on his father's land. I was like "this one dey mad ni" and before i could say the next word he landed me a killer blow on my face. My went blank for some minutes but i could see Ifeanyi my igbo paddy picked the guy up like a tuber of yam and smack him on a concrete floor. Gbam! the guy couldn't stand up. As a result of landing with full force on the floor he had broken his spinal cord. I signaled the rest of us and we quickly left the place..... To be continued
Re: My Involvement In A Riot That Almost Took My Life. by ndaman25: 10:56am On Apr 02, 2016
lol
Re: My Involvement In A Riot That Almost Took My Life. by Nobody: 11:20am On Apr 02, 2016
mrlaw93:

Moving to the venue a tout approached us to pay for walking on his father's land.

Chico Ejiro, what is the title of this Nollywood movie? grin
Re: My Involvement In A Riot That Almost Took My Life. by mrlaw93(m): 11:22am On Apr 02, 2016
We were seated at the venue listening to the pastor's sermon for the day. The man of God is yet to join the to be couple. As he was drawing closer to the moment we have all been waiting for, i looked behind me and noticed some unfriendly face walking into the church. My heartbeat increased in response to the evil that is about to unleash. I tapped Ifeanyi to notify him that the corpse he buried had been exhumed, but the mumu guy didn't even show any remorse.

As the pastor echoed the normal saying that "If you know you are here and you don't want the couple to tie the knot kindly stand up". A very deep voice aired from the back of the hall. It is then i realized yawa have gas. "Pastor, me i no talk say make you no tie knot oo, if you like tie wrapper walahi, e no concern me, my own be say make person wey break Kay back follow us", he announced. The announcement put a hold on the event. They were about causing mayhem but some elderly men and pastors that live in the community were able to curtail their action. We made an agreement to pay for Kay's hospital bill and see him walk again. With plea from the elders Tunde was able to put the ring on the finger of his bride who had cried her intestines out while the wedding was on hold.
Re: My Involvement In A Riot That Almost Took My Life. by Chubhie: 11:24am On Apr 02, 2016
Funny. The mental picture I generated is epic.
Re: My Involvement In A Riot That Almost Took My Life. by mrlaw93(m): 11:24am On Apr 02, 2016
Zoharariel:

Chico Ejiro, what is the title of this Nollywood movie? grin
Lol, it is a movie bro until u find urslf in dat kinda situation grin
Re: My Involvement In A Riot That Almost Took My Life. by SLIDEwaxie(m): 11:27am On Apr 02, 2016
--------> literature session is that way...
Re: My Involvement In A Riot That Almost Took My Life. by mrlaw93(m): 11:27am On Apr 02, 2016
Chubhie:
Funny. The mental picture I generated is epic.
Winks.. tnks man
Re: My Involvement In A Riot That Almost Took My Life. by mrlaw93(m): 11:28am On Apr 02, 2016
SLIDEwaxie:
--------> literature session is that way...
Maybe Lalasticlala could help wit that grin
Re: My Involvement In A Riot That Almost Took My Life. by mrlaw93(m): 12:58pm On Apr 02, 2016
An woman who lives in the community told us to leave for home immediately after the engagement and to erase any thought of staying for recreation. She said she is sure the guys will retaliate especially when it gets dark. We head to her warning and left the occasion immediately after engagement.

As we walked to the place where our bus is parked. I walked farther away from Ifeanyi as i had vowed earlier not to walk beside him as he might get angry if any of the community members call him "back breaker", that might prompt him breaking another back. So i choose to walk beside Kay. We were getting closer to the bus when i sighted a three storeys building from distance. The balcony of each floors was filled with haggard guys and olosho looking girls. With the scene i knew something crazy is about to happen and i holla at the guys behind to keep their calm no matter what. Walking pass the house they started pouring different kinds of disgusting liquids on us, from urine to spit etc.

I was about to shout Halleluyah for walking pass the building along side Kay when i heard the sound of breaking bottles. I managed to look at my back when i see mob rushing towards us. They were already giving two of us the greatest beating of their lives. I was able know Ifeanyi is one of the guys as i noticed the red colour attached to the blue ankara. I spoke to my feet and they were able to run faster than that of Usain Bolt as the mob gave a powerful chase. Kay was able to run past me, his speed is like that of light. I realised i wouldn't be able to evade the mob and almost giving up when i saw space underneath a gate to a house. I was able to squeeze my slender body in ran into the house. All of the doors in the house were locked. The mob were unable to get access to the house which gave me space to rush to the back of the bungalow. Hearing the sound from my footstep an old woman opened her door to see what was going on. I rushed straight in and sat on a sofa. She shut the door and gave me time to catch my breath before she started asking series of questions. I prayed for Kay, Ifeanyi and the rest of the guys and finally, i woke up from the horrible dream with a pounding chest.
Re: My Involvement In A Riot That Almost Took My Life. by mrlaw93(m): 1:03pm On Apr 02, 2016
Chubhie, slidewaxie, Zoharariel, ndaman25 come see the concluding part of my dilemma
Re: My Involvement In A Riot That Almost Took My Life. by Mobsync(m): 8:59am On Jan 24, 2017
Nice story. You try.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Photos Of Buhari Speaking At The Opening Ceremony Of The China-nigeria Business / Religious Crisis In Malali Kaduna North / Three Nigerian Children Saved From A Burning Building By US Airmen In S/korea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.