Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

Funeral Vs Wedding: Which Is More Expensive?? - Events (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Funeral Vs Wedding: Which Is More Expensive?? (17413 Views)

Female Mourner Twerks On Top Of A Casket During Funeral Procession (video) / Lawrence Mukiibi, Ugandan Billionaire 30 Children At His Funeral (Photos) / Zimbabwean Prostitutes Twerk At Funeral Service Of Their Colleague (Pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funeral Vs Wedding: Which Is More Expensive?? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Apr 03, 2016
I'd say funerals......
Funerals are a 3day affair.....
Wake-keep,
Service of songs and all the other ish...
There are also souvenirs....nobody carries a "funeral gift" as opposed to weddings gifts given to the couple....and everybody seems to be present at the funeral since its done mostly in the villages...but amount of wedding guests can be managed
Re: Funeral Vs Wedding: Which Is More Expensive?? by xakakes: 4:47pm On Apr 03, 2016
It all depends;usually for funeral of all adult with well to do grown up children,the funeral expenses is usually shared and the burden reduced per head but in the case of wedding you are the main focus any assistance is just by the way;but all things being equal I think wedding is more expensive
Re: Funeral Vs Wedding: Which Is More Expensive?? by ybalogs(m): 4:49pm On Apr 03, 2016
There's really no reason to spend on funerals especially that of Youths. But as regards weddings, you're free to go all out and show yourself. It pays to be wise about it sha. As Yorubas will say, "atigbe Iyawo ko lejo, owo Obe ni yi O dajo".
Re: Funeral Vs Wedding: Which Is More Expensive?? by omojesu202(m): 4:49pm On Apr 03, 2016
scobaba:
Its in your hands.

I buried my mum with 2m in total expense. My wedding took 5m.

My colleague spent 10m in his wedding but buried his dad with 17m.
So its in your hands.
una don use una parents do money abi? na joke ooo
Re: Funeral Vs Wedding: Which Is More Expensive?? by missyadorable(f): 4:50pm On Apr 03, 2016
scobaba:
Its in your hands.

So its in your hands.

Brother,you can lie for africa

7 Likes

Re: Funeral Vs Wedding: Which Is More Expensive?? by aminho(m): 4:50pm On Apr 03, 2016
in Islam burial is free its taken over by the mosque

2 Likes

Re: Funeral Vs Wedding: Which Is More Expensive?? by seguno2: 4:50pm On Apr 03, 2016
Why should funeral be more expensive than wedding?
Is the CORPSE awake and aware of the expense?

2 Likes

Re: Funeral Vs Wedding: Which Is More Expensive?? by Julietcutie(f): 4:52pm On Apr 03, 2016
ikorodureporta:
These days, the expenses one has to incur so as to have a befitting burial for our loved ones is becoming worrisome- it could be compared to when one is planning to marry an igbo girl undecided

For those of us staying away from our villages, wheneva the villagers hear that somebody's funeral would hold, its a thing of joy!
...& to u out there, if you know u dnt have money for funeral, take care of yr sick parents. Ailments as simple as malaria lead some people to their early grave, due to lack of care & poverty...

From what i observed recently from a close friend, the list they got from the Village head, village-family leader, church, etc, without other plans to be done sef, person fit just bury their person for Lagos instead. Some people at this point may have to sell out their village landed property to settle the bill....

So, after the funeral service at the village, the family were invited to d burial site, while guests were asked to wait at the field for refreshment.... So the caterers started serving the guests, & afta a few minutes, the villagers came & hijacked the item7- they fell the serving-stand & rice, grabbed the bags of wrapped fufu, poured the soup, & were jst grabbing anytin grabable -spoons, plates, etc. At this point, the caterers had to struggle to rescue some items. Thats how it ended. When we got to the family house, they were even preparing some other items for the guests. Na so poverty don spoil our people.....

Even in grief you still have to spend so much as compared to a wedding party...

funeral is really expensive especially wen its an old man or chief or great grand something something or especially wen its in Igbo land... wedding could be expensive but not always depends on d couple
Re: Funeral Vs Wedding: Which Is More Expensive?? by lielbree: 4:57pm On Apr 03, 2016
banme1:
Why must u spend money on funerals.
I tire o
Where I come from funerals are such a bug deal...
When a person is crying over the death of a family member, he is actually crying of where to get money from for burial!
Re: Funeral Vs Wedding: Which Is More Expensive?? by Lexusgs430: 5:01pm On Apr 03, 2016
Fmartin:
then i will also save u d cost of wedding, 'elopement'

Nice one!!! Partially true on ' elopement '. But eloping is on a temporary basis. Her Family would be waiting for both of you, upon arrival or when the elopement nostalgia feeling is over or when she is missing her family and both of you have to return with you tails between your legs!!!
With cremation, no returning after BBQ has done it's job!!!!
Re: Funeral Vs Wedding: Which Is More Expensive?? by Sfvalentine(m): 5:06pm On Apr 03, 2016
Bʊʀɨaʟ աɨtɦ 20ʍɨʟʟɨօռ shocked cool cool
Re: Funeral Vs Wedding: Which Is More Expensive?? by oseiwe(m): 5:06pm On Apr 03, 2016
lielbree:
I'm kalabari from rivers state.
My husband spent 10.50000 one fifty thousand naira to dress his mother's corps alone!!!
In my place the corps changes 3 times before it is finally buried.
We spent over 25m for the entire burial.
Meanwhile I hired a wedding dress 4years prior to my mother in laws death to save cost angry

It still annoys me knowing that a corps had that much more glamour than me on my wedding day sad
Hahahaha...I saw 17m on one post and was angry, wen I saw ur 25m, sorry I had to laff. Wetin dead body dey use 3 diff clothes do? I sure say dem even rub am cream and make up join,
people living below d niger will neva progress until dey stop dis shii
Re: Funeral Vs Wedding: Which Is More Expensive?? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Apr 03, 2016
Spend more on a wedding. Why waste more than 50k for a corpse that would still rot?

My way is the best: a funeral rite that finances itself.

https://www.nairaland.com/3009601/what-plan-body-after-death
Re: Funeral Vs Wedding: Which Is More Expensive?? by onunwa21(m): 5:10pm On Apr 03, 2016
It depends on ur plans
Re: Funeral Vs Wedding: Which Is More Expensive?? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Apr 03, 2016
Islam is just the total way of life.

3 Likes

Re: Funeral Vs Wedding: Which Is More Expensive?? by lielbree: 5:11pm On Apr 03, 2016
oseiwe:

Hahahaha...I saw 17m on one post and was angry, wen I saw ur 25m, sorry I had to laff. Wetin dead body dey use 3 diff clothes do? I sure say dem even rub am cream and make up join,
people living below d niger will neva progress until dey stop dis shii
It's culture ooooo. Very annoying
Not only will the dead body change clothes, so will all his or her kids!
Then if your father is a high chief, sorry for you! Those ones change up to 5 times. My grandfather was one.
Re: Funeral Vs Wedding: Which Is More Expensive?? by Xslaze3xd(m): 5:18pm On Apr 03, 2016
Come to Warri and See where a Funeral cost 10times that of Wedding.
Re: Funeral Vs Wedding: Which Is More Expensive?? by savio07(m): 5:19pm On Apr 03, 2016
scobaba:
Its in your hands.

So its in your hands.

Shove the lies up your ass. undecided

1 Like

Re: Funeral Vs Wedding: Which Is More Expensive?? by ThatNaijaNigger: 5:28pm On Apr 03, 2016
tyson99:
omo na burial ooo check well food dey surplus for burial pass wedding and besides burial na three days in yorubaland here,on fri you go cook and kill the cow for d next day,saturday main burial and Sunday th next day inlaws go bring goat and drinks and dem go kill and cook again,oh boy burial dey sweet jare grin
burial sweet abi?Nairalanders just d chill d wait for your own,hope say jollof go dae? :-)
Re: Funeral Vs Wedding: Which Is More Expensive?? by freecocoa(f): 5:29pm On Apr 03, 2016
I will kuku tell my people, don't spend shishi when I'm dead, infact just bury me that day for one corner, carry on with your lives jeje.

Then as for wedding, if you won't take snacks and juice, jejely stay in your house.

3 Likes

Re: Funeral Vs Wedding: Which Is More Expensive?? by ThatNaijaNigger: 5:30pm On Apr 03, 2016
Re: Funeral Vs Wedding: Which Is More Expensive?? by focus2727(m): 5:35pm On Apr 03, 2016
lielbree:
My husband spent 10.50000 one fifty thousand naira to dress his mother's corps alone!!!
In my place the corpse changes 3 times before it is finally buried.
Meanwhile I hired a wedding dress 4years prior to my mother in laws death to save cost angry

It still annoys me knowing that a corps had that much more glamour than me on my wedding day sad
chai sorry oo
Re: Funeral Vs Wedding: Which Is More Expensive?? by Topmaike007(m): 5:41pm On Apr 03, 2016
Live the dead to bury the dead.... ......
Re: Funeral Vs Wedding: Which Is More Expensive?? by goodmanyes: 5:47pm On Apr 03, 2016
Which one would you like us to prepare for you? All them causes something according to what you want.
Re: Funeral Vs Wedding: Which Is More Expensive?? by Fmartin(m): 5:52pm On Apr 03, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Nice one!!! Partially true on ' elopement '. But eloping is on a temporary basis. Her Family would be waiting for both of you, upon arrival or when the elopement nostalgia feeling is over or when she is missing her family and both of you have to return with you tails between your legs!!!
With cremation, no returning after BBQ has done it's job!!!!
gud! Afta i might hv got her pregnant, were she go come go? Its a practice here in my place. D man nd woman elope on mutual undastandin.
Re: Funeral Vs Wedding: Which Is More Expensive?? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Apr 03, 2016
Help me lord becoz both are waiting me, n't yet marrry, my mum is damn old to the call

1 Like

Re: Funeral Vs Wedding: Which Is More Expensive?? by Exponental(m): 6:01pm On Apr 03, 2016
Personal perspective plays!
Burial most likely. Almost all bills attached to wedding is inclusive in burial + cost of dead body.
Re: Funeral Vs Wedding: Which Is More Expensive?? by Lexusgs430: 6:03pm On Apr 03, 2016
Fmartin:
gud! Afta i might hv got her pregnant, were she go come go? Its a practice here in my place. D man nd woman elope on mutual undastandin.

Till the man or woman involved in the eloping, don't seem to be whom they thought they were eloping with. commonsense kicks in and both go running back home to their individual Mummy's and Daddy's !!!!!!!!!!!
Find me a very pretty babe from your place, that i can elope with.
Re: Funeral Vs Wedding: Which Is More Expensive?? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Apr 03, 2016
Integrityfarms:
The foolishness of southern Nigeria has made burial lose it's sobriety on the altars of flamboyance and show off! This is not good!

Marriage worths any amount put into it but burial is a sham and utter waste of money to take care of the living and better the downtrodden!

I duff my hat for Islam!
You have said it all...during my Great grand mums burial, see how the attendees where struggling for burial rice and meat...Tufiaaaa!!!
Re: Funeral Vs Wedding: Which Is More Expensive?? by Toosure70: 6:12pm On Apr 03, 2016
wedding of course because burial has many celebrants while wedding has one celebrant.
Re: Funeral Vs Wedding: Which Is More Expensive?? by md4real(m): 6:18pm On Apr 03, 2016
na wah o. funeral get expenses again? proudly a muslim
Re: Funeral Vs Wedding: Which Is More Expensive?? by jutino(f): 6:21pm On Apr 03, 2016
lielbree:
In my place the corpse changes 3 times before it is finally buried.

your name said it all..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

So Sad! Nairalander, AlexReports, Buries Father In Pains (photos) / Wish 5 Romancelander A Happy New Month. / Sarki Dariya, Josh2funny, Sam& Song Excite Abuja Residents As Depression Pills H

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.