Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,581 members, 7,955,136 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:47 PM

Does God Answer The Prayer Of Death ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Answer The Prayer Of Death ? (4037 Views)

Why Doesn't God Answer Mankind Like Earthly Fathers / A Prayer Of Intercession / Christians, Does God Answer A Muslim's Prayer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does God Answer The Prayer Of Death ? by posakosa(m): 10:35am On Jul 29, 2009
On soo many occasions, I hear many Christians say "don't talk about a man of god or else u'll die or something bad and evil will happen to you"

Can god ever answer such prayers? What will really happen if someone talks about a MERE MORTAL and human being  ?

I have always bashed and critiqued real or fake men of God but nothing has  ever happened to me ? Does God answer the prayer for death, 

If so, can someone help me pray the prayer of death for James Bassey. May he die before his time. May he never be opportuned to talk about me. May he never progress. May his enemies rejoice over him. May he never be able to rape another woman or young child. Thank you  and Amen.
Re: Does God Answer The Prayer Of Death ? by posakosa(m): 12:02pm On Jul 29, 2009
Huh ?
Re: Does God Answer The Prayer Of Death ? by Ascony(m): 9:45pm On Jul 29, 2009
so this james bassey raped you or what?
waoh! am very sorry about that, but u still gotta face reality here that there is no God, talkless of the one that answers a death prayer. if u want james dead then u gotta kill him yourself but thats of no use. Just call the cops or human rights let them deal with him
Re: Does God Answer The Prayer Of Death ? by posakosa(m): 10:37pm On Jul 29, 2009
Ascony:

so this james bassey raped you or what?
waoh! am very sorry about that, but u still gotta face reality here that there is no God, talkless of the one that answers a death prayer. if u want james dead then u gotta kill him yourself but thats of no use. Just call the cops or human rights let them deal with him

I sorta agree with you. Everyone is saying Karma this and Karma that, my thing is If GOD doesn't, WHEN WILL KARMA DO SOMETHING FOR ME ?
Re: Does God Answer The Prayer Of Death ? by Tudor6(f): 4:16pm On Jul 30, 2009
God can't even answer the prayers of his dumb faithfuls, how much we that know better. . . .
Re: Does God Answer The Prayer Of Death ? by posakosa(m): 5:51pm On Jul 30, 2009
Tudór:

God can't even answer the prayers of his dumb faithfuls, how much we that know better. . . .

LOL.
Re: Does God Answer The Prayer Of Death ? by Kunbee: 3:00am On Jul 31, 2009
God doesn't answer prayers of death and why would u wish death upon sum1 shocked
Re: Does God Answer The Prayer Of Death ? by posakosa(m): 5:46pm On Jul 31, 2009
Kunbee:

God doesn't answer prayers of death and why would u wish death upon sum1 shocked

Why doesn't god answer such prayers ? Why do people always say you will die if you talk BAD about a pastor ? Why can't I wish death upon my enemies ?
Re: Does God Answer The Prayer Of Death ? by mnwankwo(m): 6:27pm On Jul 31, 2009
posakosa:

Why doesn't god answer such prayers ? Why do people always say you will die if you talk BAD about a pastor ? Why can't I wish death upon my enemies ?

Prayers that lack genuine love and purity do not even go beyound the personal aura of the person praying, much less gain connection with the power of God. Thus, a prayer against your enemies or a prayer by a pastor against those that disagree with his persuations cannot be answered because they do not spring from love and purity. To pray and have ones prayers answered, one must love his or her enemies , that is, one must be able to genuinely forgive those that hurt them. Except a man or woman can genuinely forgive, then such a man or woman is not of God even if he or she is the founder of a religious group or sect. Neither the victim of a crime nor the pepatrator of a crime will be free from the consequences of the crime except the victim forgives and the offender repents. If the victim does not forgive he or she is chained spiritually to the offender and cannot move forward spiritually. Besides, such an unforgiving attitude prevents the healing power of God reaching the victim, a power that will heal the victim and provide spiritual blessings as a compensation for the crime pepatrated against victim. As for the offender, the power of God will also ensure that he pays for his crimes for no sin or crime will go unatoned for. If however the offender genuinely repents, the consequences arising from his or her evil activity can be mitigated or in exceptional cases annuled. Thus what would have cut off the head of the victim may just remove his cap. I hope that one can see the spiritual liberation that lies in forgiveness. Best wishes.

1 Like

Re: Does God Answer The Prayer Of Death ? by posakosa(m): 6:39pm On Jul 31, 2009
m_nwankwo:

Prayers that lack genuine love and purity do not even go beyound the personal aura of the person praying, much less gain connection with the power of God. Thus, a prayer against your enemies or a prayer by a pastor against those that disagree with his persuations cannot be answered because they do not spring from love and purity. To pray and have ones prayers answered, one must love his or her enemies , that is, one must be able to genuinely forgive those that hurt them. Except a man or woman can genuinely forgive, then such a man or woman is not of God even if he or she is the founder of a religious group or sect. Neither the victim of a crime nor the pepatrator of a crime will be free from the consequences of the crime except the victim forgives and the offender repents. If the victim does not forgive he or she is chained spiritually to the offender and cannot move forward spiritually. Besides, such an unforgiving attitude prevents the healing power of God reaching the victim, a power that will heal the victim and provide spiritual blessings as a compensation for the crime pepatrated against victim. As for the offender, the power of God will also ensure that he pays for his crimes for no sin or crime will go unatoned for. If however the offender genuinely repents, the consequences arising from his or her evil activity can be mitigated or in exceptional cases annuled. Thus what would have cut off the head of the victim may just remove his cap. I hope that one can see the spiritual liberation that lies in forgiveness. Best wishes.

Nicely stated and well put. I think we should all acknowledge that forgiveness is HARD.
Re: Does God Answer The Prayer Of Death ? by mnwankwo(m): 6:48pm On Jul 31, 2009
posakosa:

Nicely stated and well put. I think we should all acknowledge that forgiveness is HARD.

Yes, forgiveness is hard but that is the only path to happiness and spritual freedom. It is often hard becuse we try to do it with our strength. If one seriously wish to have the ability to forgive, I am sure that the strong urge will rise up as a prayer to God and such a person will recieve the purifying power of God that purges ones soul of hate, guilt etc. Stay blessed.

1 Like

Re: Does God Answer The Prayer Of Death ? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jul 31, 2009
Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that you may consume it upon your lusts.

God has plans for people. No matter who you are, you can't intercept them. So if God has destined someone to be XYZ for example and you pray to have him killed before then, it won't happen. Asking amiss means asking out of line with the will of God.
Re: Does God Answer The Prayer Of Death ? by Kunbee: 10:33pm On Jul 31, 2009
posakosa:

Who told u that stupid crap, u listen 2 peeps who dont know what they r saying jare and u cant wish death upon ur enemies cos u r not their creator and besides a foe may become some1 that would help later in life u never can tell. Forgiveness is hard and nobody is telling u to do it immediately but when u do u will look back at the time wen James Bassey did all those things he did, u will surely have the last laugh no sin goes unpunished.

xoxo
Re: Does God Answer The Prayer Of Death ? by posakosa(m): 10:49pm On Jul 31, 2009
mactao:

Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that you may consume it upon your lusts.

God has plans for people. No matter who you are, you can't intercept them. So if God has destined someone to be XYZ for example and you pray to have him killed before then, it won't happen. Asking amiss means asking out of line with the will of God.

I wonder what plans GOD had for Hitler ? Abacha ? the devil ? Babangida, and co!
Re: Does God Answer The Prayer Of Death ? by posakosa(m): 10:50pm On Jul 31, 2009
Kunbee:

Who told u that stupid crap, u listen 2 peeps who dont know what they r saying jare and u cant wish death upon ur enemies cos u r not their creator and besides a foe may become some1 that would help later in life u never can tell. Forgiveness is hard and nobody is telling u to do it immediately but when u do u will look back at the time wen James Bassey did all those things he did, u will surely have the last laugh no sin goes unpunished.

xoxo  

I reject EVIL, JAMES BASSEY or any of my enemies CAN NEVER BE OF HELP TO ME! GOD FORBID. The DEVIL FORBID.

I hope he gets punished SOON ENOUGH.
Re: Does God Answer The Prayer Of Death ? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jul 31, 2009
posakosa:

Because:

1. you dont know Him, He doesnt know you either and is not obliged to respond to you.

2. It is not His will that you pray your enemy to death.

Why dont you pray to satan? surely he can be of service to you.
Re: Does God Answer The Prayer Of Death ? by posakosa(m): 10:53pm On Jul 31, 2009
davidylan:

Because:

1. you dont know Him, He doesnt know you either and is not obliged to respond to you.

2. It is not His will that you pray your enemy to death.

Why dont you pray to satan? surely he can be of service to you.

1. If I knew him, would he answer ?

2. Then what is his will for enemies ?
Re: Does God Answer The Prayer Of Death ? by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jul 31, 2009
posakosa:

1. If I knew him, would he answer ?

2. Then what is his will for enemies ?

1. If you knew Him you'd know His will

2. Matthew 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
Re: Does God Answer The Prayer Of Death ? by posakosa(m): 11:12pm On Jul 31, 2009
davidylan:

1. If you knew Him you'd know His will

2. Matthew 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

Easier said that done.
Re: Does God Answer The Prayer Of Death ? by Nobody: 11:50pm On Jul 31, 2009
posakosa:

Easier said that done.

that's your opinion.
Re: Does God Answer The Prayer Of Death ? by posakosa(m): 7:15am On Aug 01, 2009
davidylan:

that's your opinion.

Father Davidylan, how does one love enemies ?
Re: Does God Answer The Prayer Of Death ? by posakosa(m): 6:06pm On Aug 02, 2009
posakosa:

Father Davidylan, how does one love enemies ?

Where are you ?
Re: Does God Answer The Prayer Of Death ? by Kunbee: 3:54am On Aug 03, 2009
^^ by forgiveness
Re: Does God Answer The Prayer Of Death ? by Kobojunkie: 10:27pm On Apr 03, 2023
posakosa:
■ On soo many occasions, I hear many Christians say "don't talk about a man of god or else u'll die or something bad and evil will happen to you"
■ Can god ever answer such prayers?
■ What will really happen if someone talks about a MERE MORTAL and human being  ? I have always bashed and critiqued real or fake men of God but nothing has  ever happened to me ? Does God answer the prayer for death, 
1. Only brainwashed religious folks say such things. undecided

2. God only answers the prayer of the righteous. So, it could indeed be possible if the one saying the prayer happens to be righteous. However, no righteous man of God would say such a prayer given that the same God commands that we pray for, and not against even those who are our enemies. undecided

3. Absolutely nothing! undecided
Re: Does God Answer The Prayer Of Death ? by Kobojunkiee: 9:25pm On Apr 07, 2023
posakosa:
■ Why doesn't god answer such prayers ? Why do people always say you will die if you talk BAD about a pastor ? Why can't I wish death upon my enemies ?
1. People lie a lot. Have you really not figured this out at this point in your life? undecided

(1) (Reply)

Reachout Nigeria Rhapsody Of Realities 2009 / Is A Book Sufficient Enough To Guide Millions In Faith? / Ramadan Funnies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.