Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,365 members, 7,815,782 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

Nigerian Army Dispels Rumoured Tribal War, Killing Of Three Soldiers In Enuguby - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Army Dispels Rumoured Tribal War, Killing Of Three Soldiers In Enuguby (1466 Views)

Militants Kill Three Soldiers In Nembe, Disguised As Mourners (Graphic Pics) / Militants Kill Three Soldiers In Nembe Bayelsa, Steal Two Gunboats / Three Soldiers Killed By Militants In Foropa, Southern Ijaw, Bayelsa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Army Dispels Rumoured Tribal War, Killing Of Three Soldiers In Enuguby by illmatic101(m): 9:24pm On Apr 02, 2016
http://dailypost.ng/2016/04/02/nigerian-army-dispels-rumoured-tribal-war-killing-of-three-soldiers-in-enugu/

The Nigerian Army on Saturday dismissed as untrue a reported tribal war at the 82 Division, Enugu, which allegedly claimed three lives.
Report had emerged online that following a perceived “tribal deployment of troops to the Niger Delta”, crisis engulfed the 82 Division, leading to the death of a military commander and two soldiers.

However, in a press statement made available to DAILY POST by Colonel H.A. GAMBO, the Deputy Director Army Public Relations, he described the report as “baseless and at best, mere figment of the author’s jaundiced imagination.”

The statement read in full:

“The attention of Headquarters 82 Division, Nigerian Army has been drawn to a deliberate campaign of misinformation that is being currently circulated in the social media.

“In specifics, a subversive group named ‘EASTERN RADIO’ with no known address or identity orchestrated an unfortunate caption and storyline with insinuation of ‘Tribal War at Army Barracks, 82 Division Enugu’.

“The colouration of ethnic and tribal collusion that greeted the misinformation is rather unfounded, baseless and at best mere figment of the authors’ jaundiced imagination.

“For the avoidance of doubt, let it be emphatically stated that the Nigerian Army remains a national institution which emphasises unity in diversity of the entire Country. There are extant norms, regulations and practices for diversity management in the Nigerian Army which are upheld in 82 Division without compromises.

“The intent and calculations of this band of mis-informant is to cause disaffection amongst own troops and the Country’s populace at large. Their methodology is to employ such campaign of calumny and distortion of an established reign of peaceful, harmonious and esprit-de-corps culture in 82 Division and the entire Nigerian Army.

“However, the campaign is a failed one as the entire Division remains indivisible, unprovoked and not gullible to such cheap and heinous insinuations.

“The general public is hereby called upon to discountenance the storyline of EASTERN RADIO and their affiliated secessionist groups. 82 Division Nigerian Army is intact and marching forward together as ever. Above all, the Nigerian Army remains committed to providing aid to civil authority as enshrined in the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 (As Amended) and wishes to reassure the public of the Chief of Army Staff unalloyed commitment to protect lives and property whenever called upon to do so in line with extant provisions of the law.”

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Army Dispels Rumoured Tribal War, Killing Of Three Soldiers In Enuguby by kettykin: 9:28pm On Apr 02, 2016
How do we know the truth

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Dispels Rumoured Tribal War, Killing Of Three Soldiers In Enuguby by scoleman: 9:34pm On Apr 02, 2016
Lies , lies , lies..

They know that if the news fly , it marks the beginning of the end of Nigeria so they had to quickly refute it. The news have filtered around enugu, even my friend who is a soldier confirmed the story so NA we know what is going on.

This country is a british sham, we are not one

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army Dispels Rumoured Tribal War, Killing Of Three Soldiers In Enuguby by mideactive: 10:02pm On Apr 02, 2016
Gallant men,make una nor waste un time.dey'v been throwin lots of poo online lately,they can only fool demselves,not d sane Nigerians.keep up d gud work..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Army Dispels Rumoured Tribal War, Killing Of Three Soldiers In Enuguby by Akinrogun(m): 10:40pm On Apr 02, 2016
chai.....propaganda and internet rascality gone wrong.

d moment I saw that tissues of lie called news, I called Enugu cantonment to verify , nothing lik such happened.

eastern radio.....my foot. bunch of retards, war mongers, filthy elements.

wailers and ipob goons.....take note .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army Dispels Rumoured Tribal War, Killing Of Three Soldiers In Enuguby by Ooni: 10:49pm On Apr 02, 2016
mideactive:
Gallant men,make una nor waste un time.dey'v been throwin lots of poo online lately,they can only fool demselves,not d sane Nigerians.keep up d gud work..
my South west brother has swallowed the lie hook line and sinker as usual just to spite ibos. What is wrong with us. Are we yorubas the only ethnic group in nigeria? Is this the legacy of our patriach oodua? No! He never founded an ass licking yoruba nation. Even though he cowardly fled from Benin, he managed to set up a seperate kingdom for we, his very dark decendants and gave us tiger claw tribal marks as identity and heritage. Therefore we should be proud of it and leave ibos alone. Let us stop following them like flies and making them important as if we are inferior. Or are we inferior? I opened a thread where i raised alarm abt the state of backwardness in our region all of u my brothers ran away, only to surface on biafra threads. Are we cursed? Pls stop disgracing i and other sensible yorubas

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Dispels Rumoured Tribal War, Killing Of Three Soldiers In Enuguby by omenka(m): 11:09pm On Apr 02, 2016
Did anyone with brain as small as a domestic rat believe that crap??

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Dispels Rumoured Tribal War, Killing Of Three Soldiers In Enuguby by illmatic101(m): 11:10pm On Apr 02, 2016
Cc: lala
Re: Nigerian Army Dispels Rumoured Tribal War, Killing Of Three Soldiers In Enuguby by Hafter1: 2:42pm On Apr 03, 2016
StunningCEO:

I hope Mr Seun Asewa can see how his bigoted SE moderators are. So many banned Yoruba posters but this guy is allowed to continue his hate

The guy have low self esteem, he is a coward on an anonymous forum, he is not bold to use his other handles to say his mind. I laugh at kids like him cos even his Ibo brothers are ashamed of the kid.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army Dispels Rumoured Tribal War, Killing Of Three Soldiers In Enuguby by Babalegba(m): 4:06pm On Apr 03, 2016
Ooni:
my South west brother has swallowed the lie hook line and sinker as usual just to spite ibos. What is wrong with us. Are we yorubas the only ethnic group in nigeria? Is this the legacy of our patriach oodua? No! He never founded an ass licking yoruba nation. Even though he cowardly fled from Benin, he managed to set up a seperate kingdom for we, his very dark decendants and gave us tiger claw tribal marks as identity and heritage. Therefore we should be proud of it and leave ibos alone. Let us stop following them like flies and making them important as if we are inferior. Or are we inferior? I opened a thread where i raised alarm abt the state of backwardness in our region all of u my brothers ran away, only to surface on biafra threads. Are we cursed? Pls stop disgracing i and other sensible yorubas
Are you a child practising English comprehension by any means
Re: Nigerian Army Dispels Rumoured Tribal War, Killing Of Three Soldiers In Enuguby by cocoduck: 5:13pm On Apr 03, 2016
omenka:
Did anyone with brain as small as a domestic rat believe that crap??
even domestic rats are more sensible than you are, This is Nigeria, I have lived in this country long enough to know what to believe and what not to believe, this example is a good one to believe, look your country will sink into oblivion, just watch and see.
We all know that the useless cowardly army is just doing damage control.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army Dispels Rumoured Tribal War, Killing Of Three Soldiers In Enuguby by Ooni: 8:38pm On Apr 03, 2016
Hafter1:

The guy have low self esteem, he is a coward on an anonymous forum, he is not bold to use his other handles to say his mind. I laugh at kids like him cos even his Ibo brothers are ashamed of the kid.
if you like call me ibo.

I must preach the truth

we yorubas need to change

(1) (Reply)

5 Good Reason You Should Not Stay In Lagos / Just In | Nigeria Elites Talking Tough Against The Proposed Grazing Bill / Photo : British Police Detective Sacked For Accepting Bribe To Leak Ibori’s Secr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.