Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,765 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

Corrruption: A Comparism Of South Africa And Nigeria. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Corrruption: A Comparism Of South Africa And Nigeria. (1038 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Backs Out Of South-East Governors’ Peace Parley / Comparism Of Nigeria And USA Constitutions; Why We Need Restructuring / Making A Case For Corrruption (2) (3) (4)

Corrruption: A Comparism Of South Africa And Nigeria. by makazona(m): 11:50pm On Apr 02, 2016
You would agree with me that corruption is one thing that has been on the rise especially in developing countries. A close look at the corruption index of countries will confirm this entrenched systemic corruption.
Nigeria currently is in far away Number 136 in the Transparency International Corruption Perception Index in compared to South Africa's 61st position.

This goes to say that Corruption is prevalent in both countries, it seems more pronounced in Nigeria than South Africa.
What brought me to this comparison of these two Africa's economic hub is simply the case of President Jacob Zuma of South Africa. He just apologized on live television. Live Television broadcast viewed my millions of South Africans and others?. Which means acceptance of guilt.

That can only happen in South Africa not Nigeria. Here in Nigeria, Leaders lie, in broad day light to their citizens with no shame.this is not to exonerate President Zuma but that very acceptance to guilt is alien to our system here.

Zuma is accused of spending as much as R246m ($23m) on Non security upgrades at his Nkandla Home at Kwa Zulu Natal Province.
Just last Thursday after investigations and judgement by the Constitutional court in South Africa, a sitting president was faulted by a court of the land!. This scandal was blown open by local newspapers (Guardian and Mail), investigations were conducted and reports indicted the president in the same country!

Ladies and Gentlemen, Since the history of Nigeria, no former president (or even past Governor) has been indicted. please don't ask me what about Jame Ibori's case because he was cleared in Nigeria only to be nabbed by the British authorities. In fact, if this happens in Nigeria, investigations will never end and findings will never see the light of the day. Please someone should prove me wrong on this.

President Zuma has been asked to repay the money and may still be pressured to resign/step down but the point here is that it shows that South Africa has relatively stronger institutions which cannot be used by the presidency or anybody. In Nigeria, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (the corruption fighter) will come after perceived enemies of the government in power... and at the end, the case will be left half way after settlement.

Institutional corruption is killing this country, Nigeria.

We need help and fast!
More at: www. solutionnaija..com

Re: Corrruption: A Comparism Of South Africa And Nigeria. by Nobody: 1:22am On Apr 03, 2016
Whatever we're watching them!!
Re: Corrruption: A Comparism Of South Africa And Nigeria. by chriskosherbal(m): 1:42am On Apr 03, 2016
We must do everything possible to minimise corruption to the bearest minimum.
Re: Corrruption: A Comparism Of South Africa And Nigeria. by leofab(f): 2:05am On Apr 03, 2016
I rep #iflywithbuhari campaign organisation
Re: Corrruption: A Comparism Of South Africa And Nigeria. by mikolo80: 2:21am On Apr 03, 2016
if they go after Jonathan now on be una go complain say na persecution
Re: Corrruption: A Comparism Of South Africa And Nigeria. by makazona(m): 3:23pm On Apr 06, 2016
mikolo80:
if they go after Jonathan now on be una go complain say na persecution

And if they also extend d net to OBJ and IBB nko
Re: Corrruption: A Comparism Of South Africa And Nigeria. by Nobody: 3:38pm On Apr 06, 2016
Nigeria leaders are corrupt her citizens see through the spectacle of tribalism
i have never seen or heard of any black african country where her people staged a successful protest to oust a corrupt leader
something seems to be wrong with africa
her people are easily cowed
Re: Corrruption: A Comparism Of South Africa And Nigeria. by makazona(m): 7:53am On Apr 07, 2016
Hagm0nd:
Nigeria leaders are corrupt her citizens see through the spectacle of tribalism
i have never seen or heard of any black african country where her people staged a successful protest to oust a corrupt leader
something seems to be wrong with africa
her people are easily cowed

Haba. What abt uprising in north Africa that ousted Mubarak?
Re: Corrruption: A Comparism Of South Africa And Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:01am On Apr 07, 2016
I said black africa take a cursory look at zimbabwe for example that rubbish can only happen in africa
makazona:

Haba. What abt uprising in north Africa that ousted Mubarak?
Re: Corrruption: A Comparism Of South Africa And Nigeria. by makazona(m): 10:33am On Apr 07, 2016
Hagm0nd:
I said black africa
take a cursory look at zimbabwe for example
that rubbish can only happen in africa

True. I now see ur point. But is the way out, in ur opinion
Re: Corrruption: A Comparism Of South Africa And Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:04am On Apr 07, 2016
Holding our leaders responsible at every level is so important
african are too tribal,if a leader belonging to a particular tribe is arrested,all effort will be made by her people to shield such a leader
makazona:

True. I now see ur point. But is the way out, in ur opinion

Photo: Who Knows This Nigerian Man Who Just Died In London / Read How This Kenyan Mocked Nigeria's Fuel Scarcity Problem / What Has Happened To Our Country?(photo)