Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,025 members, 7,845,321 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices (56699 Views)

FG Petrol Subsidy Now N26 Per Liter / Petrol Subsidy Returns As Nigeria Pays N28 Per Liter / Oby Ezekwesili Speaks On Petrol Subsidy Removal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices by ndcide(m): 7:56am On Apr 03, 2016
The only thing this government may hold on to would be that people stole money. Finish!

I remember " who is subsidizing who" they've made people think the last president was foolish, that he is a thief etc now just look. APC should know that they will be judged on their own merit. They have dragged the last administration along to the extent that they'll make Nigerians look back. The gaffes and flip flops will be too much for the Buharideens to cover up.

You can't demonize the position you want to occupy and yet perform below expectations or doing what you openly criticized. It takes you back.
Re: FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices by Nobody: 7:58am On Apr 03, 2016
Confused/corrupt re.tards!...i'll suggest a Re-colonisation of this doomed entity!
Re: FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices by Nobody: 8:01am On Apr 03, 2016
mischievous journalism.

How does delay in raising prices amount to subsidy?

Clearly there is a margin that has been worked into the pricing template so it does not always immediately translate into subsidy if the fuel price is not raised when crude prices rise, because rather than go over into subsidy, it could just be eating into the allowed margin.

Clearly what must have happened is that the petroleum ministry decided it would not look good to increase fuel prices during this period of chronic scarcity.

They are likely going to increase prices mid to late April
Re: FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices by porka: 8:02am On Apr 03, 2016
Before this statement is denied may we ask some salient questions?

Will Buhari send a supplementary appropriation bill to NASS quickly for this new expense to be approved so that they can be paid without hassles? Has he sent it already?

These people do their own governance by media pronouncements. No thorough due process is being followed.

Imagine saying queues will disappear in days just because they announced return of subsidy payments.

Didn't they reckon that the marketers would want a serious commitment on that before committing their funds? Do they think any intelligent person would believe anything Buhari and his government say with the way statements are being denied? Who are the pre-qualified importers by the way? How were they selected? Or are they the same companies we've always known?

Mr Buhari, stop using Nigerians as tools for your learning which you failed to do for 30 years. Nigerians are not cows, we are humans.

1 Like

Re: FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices by ndcide(m): 8:02am On Apr 03, 2016
Rolings:

If you remove the government will any government coming in now make the queues disappear overnight? The government is working round the clock to fix the refineries , fix the depots,repair the pipelines and build a strategic reserve to have fuel always . All these takes time and would have been easier of the past governments have been as serious as this government is. Things are very bad, because of the dilapidated infrastructures at the depots and perforated pipelines all fuel imports have to be trucked from Lagos to everypart of the country that is not even economical and logistic nightmare. If I remember correctly when subsidy was stopped in January we were told the price may be reviewed by the next quater but instead of reviewing the price the government decided to cushion the effect by introducing subsidy again temporarily . It's not economic suicide and not alien in economics as governments put policies in place from time to time to achieve their objectives having the people in mind.

I put it to you, that things were not this bad.
Re: FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices by porka: 8:03am On Apr 03, 2016
GenBuhari:
mischievous journalism.

How does delay in raising prices amount to subsidy?

Clearly there is a margin that has been worked into the pricing template so it does not always immediately translate into subsidy if the fuel price is not raised when crude prices rise, because rather than go over into subsidy, it could just be eating into the allowed margin.

Clearly what must have happened is that the petroleum ministry decided it would not look good to increase fuel prices during this period of chronic scarcity.

They are likely going to increase prices mid to late April

What are you saying?
Re: FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices by Nobody: 8:10am On Apr 03, 2016
if a buffer allowance of N10 is worked into the pricing template , if then we fail to raise the fuel price by the expected N6, it does not equate to subsidising fuel as there would still remain a buffer margin of N4
porka:

What are you saying?
Re: FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices by Timbuktu14(m): 8:15am On Apr 03, 2016
amaechi1:

Nigerians will also complain even when decisions are taken in their favour. In the bid to alleviate the suffering of the people, the government return subsidy payment for independent marketers and that is what people like you see as confusion.
This isn't we complaining about shii. Times are hard, people are suffering. And to think we have this crude oil in this damn country! Virtually everyone is frustrated mehn!

There are no jobs. If you still manage to get something to put food on your table, the crazy economic conditions of the country won't allow it manifest.

Now tell me, has there ever been a decision in this messed up country taken solely because of her citizens? Hell no! They do so to enrich themselves while the poor die of joblessness and hunger!

I'm tired of this country mehn!
Re: FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices by Jollymich(m): 8:16am On Apr 03, 2016
PDP in APC skin
Re: FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices by pat077: 8:16am On Apr 03, 2016
dragunov:
What an evil and unpatriotic citizenry.
what a pathetic apc apologist.

3 Likes

Re: FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices by COMPAQ(m): 8:17am On Apr 03, 2016
They should just remove the damned subsidy.

1 Like

Re: FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices by Fess: 8:18am On Apr 03, 2016
There they go again! Unreliable and unsteady like the wind. A government that laid its foundation on lies and deceit. APsomething contradicts self at all times showing a bunch of people with no experience in governance.

Any other day I come close to buhari I will tear his limb and beat him to death with it.

He is a misfit!
Re: FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices by booblacain(m): 8:21am On Apr 03, 2016
eagleeye2:

Nigeria cannot SUSTAIN the SUBSIDY regime. That's the simple truth. Let FG deregulate the oil sector and quit fixing pump prices for marketers. You cannot deregulate fully and still fix price, it won't work. And they are not doing us a favor by re-introducing the subsidy. No. The winner is still the CABAL.

Price will continue to be fixed deregulation or no deregulation. As a matter of fact it could get worse when the so called cabals are the ones fixing prices. A total deregulated economy needs strong institutions and labor unions, unfortunately we have non of them for now.
Re: FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices by bashydemy(m): 8:24am On Apr 03, 2016
nnachukz:
Subsidy is a scam......Buhari 2014.
We will pay subsidy to marketers at least for now...... Buhari 2015/2016.
And one zombie will tell me this man is not confused.

Crude oil price fallen to 60pb, FG has no reason to sell fuel above N40per litre to Nigerians if they weren't corrupt.... Buhari and his group 2014/2015.
Today, crude is at below 40pb and FG headed by Buhari is selling fuel to Nigerians at N150per litre and now proposes N86.5per litre.

Another zombie will tell me Buhari is not a liar and a deceiver.
Well suffering and smiling are special hubbies for all zombies.
You don't just comment for comment sake my boy, In some cases the president have to make some decision against his own wish so as to make things easy for the citizens. Most of you don't even know how things and you never blame those that needed to be blame... There are some cabals who have been benefiting from this subsidy of a thing right from GEJ era and they want it to be like that even against the wish of the president and if the president should start tackling down with iron hand, you and your likes will start shouting tyranny, Dictator, A leopard etc... Let me tell you something, The situation of Nigeria have gone worse to be tackle with a mere hand, i think what we need is someone like Jerry Rawling of Ghana before we can get it right...

Mind you PMB is ready to fix things and get things right but some opposition will be blaming him for anything that is not in their favor.. If i were to be one of the President advisers, I will just advice him to withdraw license from those greedy marketers and give them to those that are ready to work in favor of the betterment of Nigeria but then you and wailers like you will start shouting tyranny up and down again.
Re: FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices by bilazego(m): 8:25am On Apr 03, 2016
amaechi1:

Nigerians will also complain even when decisions are taken in their favour. In the bid to alleviate the suffering of the people, the government return subsidy payment for independent marketers and that is what people like you see as confusion.

I thought fuel subsidy was a scam used by the last administration to loot the country.
Re: FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices by dikeigbo2(m): 8:33am On Apr 03, 2016
jerseyboy:
In what universe are these guys living?

Mars grin

1 Like

Re: FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices by eagleeye2: 8:37am On Apr 03, 2016
booblacain:

Price will continue to be fixed deregulation or no deregulation. As a matter of fact it could get worse when the so called cabals are the ones fixing prices. A total deregulated economy needs strong institutions and labor unions, unfortunately we have non of them for now.
Am responding, cos of the bolded. Yes, it will get worse initially, but with the forces of demand and supply cetris paribus the price will eventually come down. And the marketers will only be making a reasonable amount of profit. Unlike what we will have now.

2 Likes

Re: FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices by dikeigbo2(m): 8:41am On Apr 03, 2016
amaechi1:

Are you doubting it?,.....

Ok its policy somersault .
Re: FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices by bonafidetv: 8:43am On Apr 03, 2016
The last time I checked I tought the arms of govt are the executive,legislative and the judiciary ... and I am sure we have all the nigerian political parties and zones represented in the govt . Wonder why people are always fighting the presidency(not just this dispensation) and not every one involved in governance presently from the different parties and zones
Re: FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices by AreaFada2: 8:43am On Apr 03, 2016
hurricaneChris:
After England lost worldcup hosting right to Russia in 2018, the then fifa president, Sepp Blatter, allegedly said "English football is run by 1diots"

Ashley Cole re echoed it when he called english FA "bunch of twats"

Am actually feeling this country is run by 1diots. From petroleum to power, finance to information ministries, they all look confused.

Something tells me Buhari installed these guys in these ministries to embarrass them.

Else can anyone tell me why it looks like this confused govt is a one man show?

Look, the man said ministers are noisemakers. What else do you want to hear?
The man is a dictator, he doesn't believe in democracy, rule of law, joint decision taking, etc.

See that Kemi Adeosun. Does she look like someone who can manage the nation's finances especially during these tough times?

Even the ordinarily effective Fashola, does he actually have the power to do things he wants?

Look at Lai Mohammed, he has to scratch his head before he can utter any word these days.

They are all shackled big time.

1 Like

Re: FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices by omogin(f): 8:45am On Apr 03, 2016
Now that the budget of yams is concluded and passed, where these novices go come put subsidy now? Na Jonathan head dey fight una so cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices by nnachukz(m): 8:46am On Apr 03, 2016
bashydemy:
You don't just comment for comment sake my boy, In some cases the president have to make some decision against his own wish so as to make things easy for the citizens. Most of you don't even know how things and you never blame those that needed to be blame... There are some cabals who have been benefiting from this subsidy of a thing right from GEJ era and they want it to be like that even against the wish of the president and if the president should start tackling down with iron hand, you and your likes will start shouting tyranny, Dictator, A leopard etc... Let me tell you something, The situation of Nigeria have gone worse to be tackle with a mere hand, i think what we need is someone like Jerry Rawling of Ghana before we can get it right...

Mind you PMB is ready to fix things and get things right but some opposition will be blaming him for anything that is not in their favor.. If i were to be one of the President advisers, I will just advice him to withdraw license from those greedy marketers and give them to those that are ready to work in favor of the betterment of Nigeria but then you and wailers like you will start shouting tyranny up and down again.
Can anybody that is not a robot please explain what this one is saying. Because I can't see where selling fuel at N150per litre is a decision against Buhari's wish but make things easy for the citizens. The non-robot should also tell this one that subsidy payment didn't begin in GEJ era. I know the program he is running on defined subsidy as so. I said suffering and smiling is in their embedded circuitry.
Re: FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices by ceejay80s(m): 8:49am On Apr 03, 2016
1miccza:

Look at both of you,is this a new decision?All they would have done would have been to simply look into what the past government had done,correct the process and we would have been the better for it. Today,We are buying fuel for as high as 180 naira per liter and you are both asking us to rejoice at such an unnecessary drama??Think again bro!!!
Do u know why I am not bothered ?...... Because I voted for nobody and supported no party....
Is it not same pdp that moved to apc and some apc moved to pdp ?
My guy na same people dey rule us
Re: FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices by donodion(m): 8:49am On Apr 03, 2016
Firefire:

You guys are pathetic, you still have the guts to mention saboteurs, after 1 year in power ?

APC broom juju is really potent. undecided

Every true and sane Nigerian knows there are saboteur who are well entrenched in the corridors of power,including those in NNPC, who would do everything possible to run the country and the government down for every good steps to cause plausible change and thats a fact.

It is also a known fact, that you oppositions would prance and somersault in wild celebration at every hiccups and misteps of the incumbent in this era.Albeit the wailing and noise,its all good and accepted in good faith. As long the incumbent realises their errors, make amends and proceed cautiously, the rantings of the PDP and would die naturally in due course.

Fuel scarcity shall end no matter what.!!!

Nigerians have the right to critique their government as much as they want,it is their right but truth be told, the journey to resus and restore our fatherland would not be a smooth ride.Hell No, however, we shall overcome and get there in eventually.

I believe in this government visions and i stand by PMB/Osibanjo undettered.
Re: FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices by bilazego(m): 8:52am On Apr 03, 2016
ajieh21:
FG is trying to give Nigerians the best option

. The government is not confused

You are as confused as the removal and reintroduction of fuel subsidy.
Re: FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices by dikeigbo2(m): 9:03am On Apr 03, 2016
Firefire:
When some of us mentioned repeatedly that this government and its handlers are naïve, fraudulent and incompetent, we are very sure of what we are saying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmG_dYY7YRA&hl=en-GB&gl=NG

APC before coming to power condemned the last administration on fuel subsidy payment, President Buhari even mentioned he knows nothing about what fuel subsidy means. "What is Fuel Subsidy" - GMB?

Few days back (30th March 2016) APC government went public to declare 100 billions of Naira monthly saving through fuel subsidy removal.

http://dailytimes.ng/save-n100b-monthly-subsidy-removal-nnpc/

Alas, Nigerians are the ones paying for the fuel subsidy indirectly, see my response to the thread below:

Few days later (3rd April 2016) same government is now announcing the returns of petrol subsidy by N5.84 for every litre of premium motor spirit consumed in Nigeria. Please, why are they returning the alleged fraudulent fuel subsidy payment

Making a simple calculation on the impact of this returned fuel subsidy: {5.84 x 41 Million Liters consumed per day x by 30 days = N7.1 Billion monthly fuel subsidy payment.}

You will all recall Alhaji Aliko Dangote predicted that the removal of fuel subsidy will make Nigerians to exchange $1 for N500. (We almost hit the target).

See what APC leadership have to say to justify the subsidy removal:

Criminalizing fuel subsidy payment and outright removal without finding a lasting solution to the variables in itself is a FRAUD.

Fellow Nigerians, can you now agree with me that this government is fraudulent, corrupt and clueless ?

Please here your president & APC statement on fuel subsidy removal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0M_rh0jLi8

You said it the way it is,....you are 1000% correct, the facts and figures are there for all of us to compare and contrast.Truth always remains truth, while lies keeps changing and changing and changing.
God bless you handsomely.

2 Likes

Re: FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices by joseph1832(m): 9:10am On Apr 03, 2016
nnachukz:

Crude oil price fallen to 60pb, FG has no reason to sell fuel above N40per litre to Nigerians if they weren't corrupt.... Buhari and his group 2014/2015.
Today, crude is at below 40pb and FG headed by Buhari is selling fuel to Nigerians at N150per litre and now proposes N86.5per litre.

I didn't see or hear you complain when the past administration sold petrol for 92 Naira per litre. Or didn't the price of crude oil crash during the last administration?.
Re: FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices by don4real18(m): 9:13am On Apr 03, 2016
Martins301:
Please guys, how much can I get a secondhand 15.6 screen for my laptop? Just discovered it has been damaged.
8k-10k.... Dollar price might hike it up
Re: FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices by Paulchris(m): 9:13am On Apr 03, 2016
amaechi1:

the same way you complain when it is first introduced by GEJ

1 Like

Re: FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices by abdoolorunwa(m): 9:21am On Apr 03, 2016
nnachukz:

STOP THE HATE!!!
Re: FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices by Respect55(m): 9:22am On Apr 03, 2016
Martins301:
Please guys, how much can I get a secondhand 15.6 screen for my laptop? Just discovered it has been damaged.

Move it to computer
Re: FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices by Rolings: 9:24am On Apr 03, 2016
ndcide:

I put it to you, that things were not this bad.

Things were not this bad because the previous government was throwing thrillions of naira in subsidy payments at the problems ..dubious contracts, bunkering, pipeline vandalism are other contributing factors .while tackling all these factors the government will be dealing with various stakeholders including labour..oil marketers..host communities ..players in the upstream and downstream etc some of whom are the saboteurs and were feeding far on the irregularities .the pain is temporary and is worth bearing for one time solution to the lingering petrol scarcity .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Oil Price Collapses To $11 Per Barrel Amid Covid-19 Pandemic / Released Chibok Girls And Ali Ndume Strike A Pose / Sadiq Suleiman, Former Buharist Apologises And Asks For Forgiveness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.