Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,869 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 72nd Birthday Today! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 72nd Birthday Today! (28353 Views)

Florence Ita Giwa Celebrates Her 72nd Birthday Today / Fire Destroys Oladipo Diya's House In Lagos State (Photos) / Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 73rd Birthday Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 72nd Birthday Today! by UnknownT: 3:50pm On Apr 03, 2016
The weeping general. Happy Birthday oga

2 Likes

Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 72nd Birthday Today! by netmillionaires(m): 3:53pm On Apr 03, 2016
In another news... I just read on goal.com that Mourinho has been hired as the Super Eagles coach. Na true?... If na April fool make dem stop am. April 1st don pass tey tey.
Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 72nd Birthday Today! by TrumpDonald(m): 3:57pm On Apr 03, 2016
HopeAtHand:
Best remembered for Infamously begging junior officers to spare his life.

Better to die in dignity than to live in shame.

Better to live in dignity than to die in shame
Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 72nd Birthday Today! by edi287: 3:57pm On Apr 03, 2016
Funny how he gets to celebrate his 72nd birthday while Abacha is probably rotting in hell. Tell someone like him God doesn't exist and see what he'll say.

4 Likes

Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 72nd Birthday Today! by petkoffdrake2(m): 3:58pm On Apr 03, 2016
Oya APC members... Another ceremony for u all to attend .... Since that's what u all planned to do in this regime...

Food don ready tongue
Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 72nd Birthday Today! by Nobody: 3:59pm On Apr 03, 2016
Cry cry general of oduduwa kingdom ,yoruba trademark of cowardice,nowonder they ran from mile12 to ogun state and coutonou peeing on their pants after the alakuba ppl provoke grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 72nd Birthday Today! by AntiWailer: 4:02pm On Apr 03, 2016

Operation Tail-Wind (January 7 – 12, 1970) was the final military conflict between Nigeria and Biafra. The operation took place in the towns of Owerri and Uli, both of which were captured by Nigerian forces. The operation ended with General Odumegwu Ojukwu fleeing to the Ivory Coast and then president of Biafra Philip Effiong surrendering to Olusegun Obasanjo

Ojukwu fled.

And the President of Biafra surrendered to a Yoruba man. shocked shocked Recall that A Yoruba man mapped out the strategy that put them where they belong.

This iPOB youth can paint another picture enh ! grin grin grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 72nd Birthday Today! by 989900: 4:04pm On Apr 03, 2016
I am sorry I have no respect for the man; I used to be a fan when he was still a military administrator, I lost all that since Abacha used him to trick Yoruba elders after the June 12 saga, later setting him up like when you set up 'opiro'/'cowboy'/chicken with maize . . . Al Mustapha pissed on him at will, and then his show of cowardice: crying, kneeling down for Abacha (the sadist) -- not a general.

3 Likes

Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 72nd Birthday Today! by 4nobody4every1: 4:05pm On Apr 03, 2016
cool
Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 72nd Birthday Today! by tonio2wo: 4:05pm On Apr 03, 2016
Knowledge9000:
Congratulations...General without shame!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8VM9hZMYZ0
Kai! Abacha na baaadt guy! grin

4 Likes

Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 72nd Birthday Today! by samkay3g(m): 4:09pm On Apr 03, 2016
Ipod youths, let's talk about ojukwu
Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 72nd Birthday Today! by dimsonu(m): 4:09pm On Apr 03, 2016
Hafter1:

But ojuku of cursed memory who happens to be the god of the Ibos remains the greatest coward ever liveth. The pedophille ran away after losing 3 million flat heads, he is a disgrace to all military men both dead and alive.

Just saw that the argument has been brewing 'Biggest Military Coward: Diya vs Ojukwu'

Nobody can win this argument.

Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 72nd Birthday Today! by Abasstoheeb(m): 4:10pm On Apr 03, 2016
HBD to man who love the masses as himself
we yorubas will never forgt you and those wu antagonise you
long live and prosperity

1 Like

Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 72nd Birthday Today! by bisi16(m): 4:12pm On Apr 03, 2016
HBD weeping general grin may u never weep like that again

3 Likes

Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 72nd Birthday Today! by Bollinger(m): 4:12pm On Apr 03, 2016
Knowledge9000:

989900:
I am sorry I have no respect for the man; I used to be a fan when he was still a military administrator, I lost all that since Abacha used him to trick Yoruba elders after the June 12 saga, later setting him up like when you set up 'opiro'/'cowboy'/chicken with maize . . . Al Mustapha pissed on him at will, and then his show of cowardice: crying, kneeling down for Abacha (the sadist) -- not a general.

Would you pick up arms right now and go fight against BH? Don't call someone else a coward when you have not proven that you yourself are not. If an armed robber threatens to kill you in your home, will you not cry and beg for your life?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 72nd Birthday Today! by agrovick(m): 4:15pm On Apr 03, 2016
These misfits are just shameless, Ojukwu caused the death of millions and yet was not man enough to take responsibility for his actions.
I wonder why he didn't commit suicide like Hitler instead of running like a chicken.

5 Likes

Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 72nd Birthday Today! by Nobody: 4:19pm On Apr 03, 2016
He is the coward that cried in the video-
Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 72nd Birthday Today! by HopeAtHand: 4:22pm On Apr 03, 2016
seunmsg:

The story may appear as that of shame and indignity to you but to him and his loved ones, it's a sweet story of survival against all odds. Today, his family will roll out the drum and celebrate him. That we are even here on NL talking about him says it all.

Death is an inevitable end of every being but we all desire to live as long as possible. If it can be helped, nobody wants to die till it becomes inevitable. That's why we all can go to any length to survive. That's also why an Ojukwu can run for his dear life after leading over 2 million people to death. Life is precious and nobody will want to lose it if it can still be helped.

Well, if a sick man pleads with a doctor to save his life, it is understandable. If a civilian pleads with a soldier to spare his life, it is easy to understand. A General on his knees crying like a baby is a whole new dimension.

And you seem to love to mention Ojukwu so much. Dont know why, but i take it you consider me Igbo. Guess you're one of those yorubas who regards anyone who isnt yoruba or hausa to be Igbo. If you have any ish with Ojukwu, look for an Igbo to engage. Ojukwu means absolutely nothing to me.

4 Likes

Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 72nd Birthday Today! by Eluwilussit(m): 4:22pm On Apr 03, 2016
Fedayeen:
Funny comments everywhere

So true. funny nairalanders. grin
Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 72nd Birthday Today! by bedspread: 4:25pm On Apr 03, 2016
HBD sir!
But come to think of this. If Gen. Diya is 72 yrs, Gen. Buhari is definitely lying about his age. Buhari cannot be less than 87
Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 72nd Birthday Today! by sukkot: 4:25pm On Apr 03, 2016
ndigbo will not like this thread oooooo grin

1 Like

Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 72nd Birthday Today! by pelefurniture: 4:25pm On Apr 03, 2016
happy birthday sir smiley
Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 72nd Birthday Today! by 989900: 4:30pm On Apr 03, 2016
Bollinger:

Would you pick up arms right now and go fight against BH? Don't call someone else a coward when you have not proven that you yourself are not. If an armed robber threatens to kill you in your home, will you not cry and beg for your life?

1. Wrong analogy, even though I get your drift.

2. You don't know me, unless you're telling you have psychic powers to decipher what I've done, do, or can do.

3. I am not an Army General.

4. Lt. Gen Oladipo Diya is a traitor (you can dig up on that) -- my strongest point, probably also my Achilles heel is, 'unwavering loyalty' -- I hate traitors!
Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 72nd Birthday Today! by Bollinger(m): 4:35pm On Apr 03, 2016
989900:

1. Wrong analogy, even though I get your drift.

2. You don't know me, unless you're telling you have psychic powers to decipher what I've done, do, or can do.

3. I am not an Army General.

4. Lt. Gen Oladipo Diya is a traitor (you can dig up on that) -- my strongest point, probably also my Achilles heel is, 'unwavering loyalty' -- I hate traitors!

1. It is too easy, tell me the most courageous thing you have done till date that involved you most likely losing your life.

2. Being a traitor and being a coward are two different things. You can be brave and still be a traitor.

3. Army Generals are people. People have emotions. You never know if you have courage until you are faced with death.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 72nd Birthday Today! by janykute: 4:36pm On Apr 03, 2016
After watching the footage all I can say is that this man is a disgrace to the military.A REAL soldier can NEVER do what he did in that video how much more a General.
Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 72nd Birthday Today! by xtervaganza(m): 4:37pm On Apr 03, 2016
HopeAtHand:
Best remembered for Infamously begging junior officers to spare his life.

Better to die in dignity than to live in shame.
one would think your oloriburuku oloshi parents didn't fight for ojukwu who ran away disguised as a woman when death seem certain to him

But its good for you to call a man who faced the music a coward and call a runaway bearded bastard a hero

1 Like

Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 72nd Birthday Today! by Nobody: 4:39pm On Apr 03, 2016
Diya is an embarrassment to himself, his family to yorubaland and to Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 72nd Birthday Today! by banme1(m): 4:42pm On Apr 03, 2016
Weeping general.

1 Like

Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 72nd Birthday Today! by xtervaganza(m): 4:42pm On Apr 03, 2016
Knowledge9000:

at least he did not run away in shame or cause hunger to kill 3 million of his worthless people

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Overhaul Presidency, Inject Fresh Blood, Seadogs Tell Buhari / How Osinbajo Ruled Nigeria In The Absence Of Buhari / Femi Fani-kayode & Precious Chikwendu Loved Up In New Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.