Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,529 members, 7,812,645 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:49 PM

Forestry And Wood - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Forestry And Wood (883 Views)

How To Recycle Agricultural-forestry Waste Into Gold? / Where Can I Find Compost, Manure And Wood Chips In Lagos? / I Want To Buy Kosso Wood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Forestry And Wood by Uyitai(f): 2:06pm On Apr 03, 2016
I always see agriculturist on this forum discuss more on production of food and animals ignoring the aspects that has to do with cash crops or production of raw materials like bamboo, growing of woody plants, palm and the likes.

I'm a student of forestry and wood and I'm glad I'm into this discipline. I didn't like it at first but I'm no more scared because I've increased in the knowledge of it and I don't mind sharing some of my ideas here.

For enlightment, forestry has to do with environmental protection, forest management, herbal medicine, taxonomy, silviculture, production of non-timber forest products like berries and other produces of high nutritional value to mention a few.
The wood aspect entails the knowledge of pulp and paper production, furnitures, interior decoration e.t.c

In case you don't know, the only solution to global warming is in the knowledge of silviculture and forestry as a whole.
Do you know we don't have any pulp and paper industry in Nigeria? The only one that deals in semi-finished pulp is Onward paper. They don't even start from scratch. (guess I'm giving idea to someone already).

Abroad, they appreciate wood tiles and the likes than any other materials because of their durability and natural patterns on them. you can check on a guy on Instagram @decowalls to see fantastic works done by him.
All I'm saying is Agriculture is wide and goes beyond food and animal production.

Check out some of the pix below and tell me what you think about them.

I hope to post soon on a project I'm embarking on with my lecturer. We are making something commonly used with wood. It's going to be a WOW! I promise.

Re: Forestry And Wood by Flexherbal(m): 2:29pm On Apr 03, 2016
Op. You have done noble .
One sachet of Flex Herbal Tea for you.

1 Like

Re: Forestry And Wood by Ademat7(m): 6:07pm On Apr 03, 2016
bring it on...

1 Like

Re: Forestry And Wood by Thatitan234(m): 8:53pm On Apr 03, 2016
Forestry?? Cool.

1 Like

Re: Forestry And Wood by candyberry1: 5:57pm On Sep 10, 2016
buy your teak wood at affordable price. interested? contact 08032245159 watzapp no 07033779541

(1) (Reply)

Mobile Tarpaulin Fish Pond: Benuwatts Partners NIPOST For Nationwide Delivery / Mushroom Farmers In Ogun State. / Farmer Labour In Ilorin, Kwara State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.