Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,843 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

Four(4) Things You Need To Know Before Getting A Dog - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Four(4) Things You Need To Know Before Getting A Dog (1204 Views)

17 things you must know before starting Dog Business. / Autopsy On A Dog That Ate Big Bone (Photos) / This HUGE Rat Bigger Than A Dog Was Found Near A Children’s Playground (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Four(4) Things You Need To Know Before Getting A Dog by wunmi590(m): 8:07pm On Apr 03, 2016
1. Time: often time, I have always advice people, that is not about having dog, mostly everybody can afford a dog, but making sure you have all the time to take care of them, when I bought zara (my GSD) I have to stay with her for close to a year (though was not doing anything then), to monitor and teach her some basic commands, which is very important while keeping a pet, so that they won’t disgrace you outside

2. Space: Most dogs likes playing around (freedom), majority of the dogs have seen don’t like being tied in one place and left alone. My dog Zara is a typical example, she like being freed to play around, everywhere you sit she wants to sit beside you, even if you are washing your clothes, she wants to play with those clothes before you soak for washing.
What am saying in essence is you need a very good space while planning to have a dog, so as when the time arise for them to play, neighbors won’t be shouting at you to come and cage your dog.

3. Sacrificing Your Pocket (Money): You must be ready to sacrifice your money to feed your dog to a desirable point, though some dogs are not a good eater, while some eat at anytime they see food. I was very happy when I bought zara, she was not really a good eater, what she likes most is meat, fish and eggs, she can finish a big goat at a time and also finish a create of egg in just 30 minutes, so you must be able to sacrifice. i remember when zara was sick to the point of death, if not for God and her vet and the last money in my pocket.

4. Your Pet Is Part of Your Family: Sometimes I see people begging for free dogs on nairaland, ‘note’ nairalanders are not stingy to give out just one litter out of their dog that litters close to ten, but one of the reasons people ignore is because of the reasons listed above and if given how you treat them. Zara is part of our family, infact when doing our family we do not only remember her, but also call her name into our prayer point.
So you should know that while building your own personal house you have to consider their space to in your plan.

the second picture, look at the was she was looking at the leach, she was actually beside me before while washing my clothes but she wouldn't allow me to wash well, that was my i have to tie her to let me rest grin

Zara is currently pregnant, so her play have been limited grin

cc: fynestboi food don ready for front page, let inform people in front page who intend getting a dog tomorrow grin

3 Likes

Re: Four(4) Things You Need To Know Before Getting A Dog by ourkobo: 8:10pm On Apr 03, 2016
I will be back
Re: Four(4) Things You Need To Know Before Getting A Dog by Kenzico(m): 9:22pm On Apr 03, 2016
I want and Wish to buy a dog but I live in a face me I face you kinda Yard. That's my challenge.
Re: Four(4) Things You Need To Know Before Getting A Dog by sozima87: 10:15pm On Apr 03, 2016
what have you been feeding her
Re: Four(4) Things You Need To Know Before Getting A Dog by saveall: 10:20pm On Apr 03, 2016
I need one of your pups when its out wink
Re: Four(4) Things You Need To Know Before Getting A Dog by wunmi590(m): 11:21pm On Apr 03, 2016
Kenzico:
I want and Wish to buy a dog but I live in a face me I face you kinda Yard. That's my challenge.

Then you will have to wait untill you get a better place
Re: Four(4) Things You Need To Know Before Getting A Dog by wunmi590(m): 11:23pm On Apr 03, 2016
sozima87:
what have you been feeding her

She eats rice, indomie, yam, dry food, meat, fish, egg and milk
Re: Four(4) Things You Need To Know Before Getting A Dog by Kenzico(m): 11:34pm On Apr 03, 2016
wunmi590:

Then you will have to wait untill you get a better place

I thought so
Re: Four(4) Things You Need To Know Before Getting A Dog by okikiosibodu(m): 12:18am On Apr 20, 2016
Zara is fine o. she has the colour separation (distribution) I luv in a German Shepherd am extremely choosy when it comes to Alsatians .if you wake up one day and you no see Zara, I don "borrow" Zara be that na until after she litter, before I return am. kudos bro

(1) (Reply)

Samoyed Puppies Forsale... Holla At Me / 20 Months Old Female Caucasian Needs A New Loving Home / Purchasing A Dog At Nig Military Dog Center

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.