Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

Why I Slapped Ebele Obi—ifeanyi Ubah - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why I Slapped Ebele Obi—ifeanyi Ubah (1149 Views)

(Photos) Ifeanyi Ubah International Stadium Is Ready To Host Africa! / Ifeanyi Ubah, Gets 10-match Ban, N2.5 Million Fine For Slapping Goalkeeper / Ifeanyi Uba Slaps Ebele Obi For Punching A Referee(video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Slapped Ebele Obi—ifeanyi Ubah by aproko247: 8:32pm On Apr 03, 2016
**Apologises To LMC For Violent Conduct

Proprietor of Ifeanyi Ubah FC, Ifeanyi Ubah, has apologised to the League Management Company, LMC, over his conduct at the end of a match between his club and Heartland FC of Owerri, Imo State.

The oil and gas baron was caught on camera slapping goalkeeper of Heartland FC, Ebele Obi, who is a brother to Super Eagles captain, John Mikel Obi.

Following the video evidence, the LMC wielded its stick on Ubah and fined him N2.5 million with an additional 10-match ban. He was also asked to tender an unreserved apology for his conduct and promise to be a good ambassador of the Nigerian league.

The LMC says it has received the acceptance notices and apologies from all concerned parties, including other clubs sanctioned by it for various offences; Sunshine Stars and Plateau United, who pledge to be of good conducts.

In the letter written to accept to submit to the summary jurisdiction of the LMC and April 2, 2016, and addressed to LMC Chief Operating Officer, Ubah explained that his actions were due to his overriding passion for the NPFL and its development.

He explained in the letter that he was moved to intervene by the actions of Heartland players towards the referee after the match in Nnewi.

“May I conclude by rendering my unconditional apology to my numerous fans nationwide and in Diaspora for the incident and outcome. To the football family and the LMC, I promise to uphold the tenets of the game while promising to remain a good ambassador of the sport.

“To those who feel disappointed by the outcome, I plead that you find a place in your hearts to forgive me. With a deep sense of humility, I ask Nigerians for their support and encouragement as I wish to state categorically that this will never repeat itself again as dire lessons have been learnt,” he wrote in the letter.

Chairman of the LMC, Shehu Dikko, says the sanctions were never meant to be punitive, but correctional.

He remarked that they were meant “to uphold the sanctity of the rules of the Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) and to assure all stakeholders of fairness in the application of all laid down regulations.”

http://www.aproko247.com/2016/04/03/i-slapped-ebele-obi-ifeanyi-ubah/
Re: Why I Slapped Ebele Obi—ifeanyi Ubah by UAE123(m): 8:56pm On Apr 03, 2016
I appreciate its apology but I believe he should also tender an apology to Ebele Obi because from the apology letter he wrote he did not apologize to the goalkeeper of Heartland.
Re: Why I Slapped Ebele Obi—ifeanyi Ubah by ironheart(m): 9:36pm On Apr 03, 2016
i love ifanyi Uba for investing in Nigerian premier league, i wish a lot of big shots will invest in our home based clubs.
Re: Why I Slapped Ebele Obi—ifeanyi Ubah by Luizkid(m): 9:50pm On Apr 03, 2016
tanx for d slap sir, at least some of us now know Mikel's brother is playing in the Nigerian league

(1) (Reply)

La Liga Top Scorer 2016 - See La Liga Highest Goal Scorer / Fixed Match Lord / Introducing The New 400m World Record Holder: Wayde Van Niekerk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.