Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,147 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

Help My Wife To Arrange Her Names On Her C.v - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help My Wife To Arrange Her Names On Her C.v (3607 Views)

'I Left My Marriage After My Wife Sat On Me And I Fainted' - Man Reveals. Photo / My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! / Man Kills Big Catfish For His Wife To Celebrate The Birth Of Their Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help My Wife To Arrange Her Names On Her C.v by Funminicrown: 5:04am On Apr 04, 2016
My wife just graduated and wants to start her professional race and I'm supporting her on this.
But I'm not satisfied about the arrangement of names on her c.v because she wants to use the surname on her cert(her father's name) while I'm of the opinion she uses the name on her marriage cert(my name).
She opines that the name will contradict each other and that might slow down her race as the job market is saturated already, but I'm more concerned about how she's been addressed before, during and after the job hunting phase.
Please house, kindly suggest how her names should be arranged in a way that both end of the divide would be protected(professional and marital)

Mods, please help as this is urgent. She wants to start sending out her applications today but I've told her to wait till I'm back from my place of work today. So, i need to decide before 5pm today.
Thanks!
Re: Help My Wife To Arrange Her Names On Her C.v by mayorkyzo: 5:13am On Apr 04, 2016
She's suppose to use d name on the marriage cert,but she would have to do a change of name to that effect...If she doesn't have d change of name yet she could use her father's name for a while...

1 Like

Re: Help My Wife To Arrange Her Names On Her C.v by Cutehector(m): 5:32am On Apr 04, 2016
See the problem I have with married ladies? U see...

Is she still the daughter of her father?

She has to use ur name now!
Re: Help My Wife To Arrange Her Names On Her C.v by jeffizy(m): 5:34am On Apr 04, 2016
It depends on the urgency.
If she wants to go with the name on her wedding certificate, she'll have to do a change of name in court via affidavit, get to post the info on pages of a newspaper, e. t. c.

If it's not an urgent need, she should have her name changed before starting the process.
Re: Help My Wife To Arrange Her Names On Her C.v by Flexherbal(m): 6:32am On Apr 04, 2016
mayorkyzo:
She's suppose to use d name on the marriage cert,but she would have to do a change of name to that effect...If she doesn't have d change of name yet she could use her father's name for a while...
1 like for you.
Re: Help My Wife To Arrange Her Names On Her C.v by Nobody: 6:45am On Apr 04, 2016
Her father's name is still ok at this stage. Such happened to my sis. No biggie
Re: Help My Wife To Arrange Her Names On Her C.v by Funminicrown: 8:15am On Apr 04, 2016
mayorkyzo:
She's not done the change of name and the applications are very urgent but can't she attach the marriage cert before the availability of the affidavits and newspaper publication?
I'm stressing this because I'm more particular about how she's been addressed behind me. Using her father's name means two things: she would either be addressed as miss Anonymous or Mrs Anonymous. The miss is a nono for me while the other option connotes wrong identity(cause she's not married to her father).
Re: Help My Wife To Arrange Her Names On Her C.v by simpleseyi: 8:21am On Apr 04, 2016
My wife and I have been married for 5 years. She has done change of name a long time ago. All her certificates bear her father's name. I always help prepare her CV and it bears her father's name. There is no need having one name on certificate and another name on CV. If she gets another certificate today, it will still bear her father's name. However, my wife officially bears my surname. This is my personal opinion and may be against other people's opinion.

6 Likes

Re: Help My Wife To Arrange Her Names On Her C.v by Winneygirl(f): 8:42am On Apr 04, 2016
If she has d change-of-name documents, she should use your name.
Name change for women is easily explainable.

This isn't an issue.
People get married all the time. They're not denied jobs because their names changed after marriage.

I don't see how the name will 'slow her down'.

If she has to forward her documents anywhere , she should just include the name change documents.
Re: Help My Wife To Arrange Her Names On Her C.v by eyinjuege: 8:51am On Apr 04, 2016
Cutehector:

Haaaaaahhh!!!

So she's no longer the daughter of her father?

If she has officially done a change of name, with newspaper publications, with her internationally passport in her husband's name, her driver's licence in her husband's name, a bank account in her husband's name then she can use her husband's name.
If she doesn't have these documents in her husband's name, she should go and start doing that as soon as possible, a month should be OK to sort out all those.

Then she can start using her husband's name for official things.
Re: Help My Wife To Arrange Her Names On Her C.v by Cutehector(m): 8:55am On Apr 04, 2016
eyinjuege:

Haaaaaahhh!!!

So she's no longer the daughter of her father?

If she has officially done a change of name, with newspaper publications, with her internationally passport in her husband's name, her driver's licence in her husband's name, a bank account in her husband's name then she can use her husband's name.
If she doesn't have these documents in her husband's name, she should go and start doing that as soon as possible, a month should be OK to sort out all those.

Then she can start using her husband's name for official things.
all these things don't take dat much tym na
Re: Help My Wife To Arrange Her Names On Her C.v by Funminicrown: 9:01am On Apr 04, 2016
simpleseyi:
My wife and I have been married for 5 years. She has done change of name a long time ago. All her certificates bear her father's name. I always help prepare her CV and it bears her father's name. There is no need having one name on certificate and another name on CV. If she gets another certificate today, it will still bear her father's name. However, my wife officially bears my surname. This is my personal opinion and may be against other people's opinion.
A very good one but what's she been called at her workplace? Your name or her father's name?
Re: Help My Wife To Arrange Her Names On Her C.v by Blade21: 9:33am On Apr 04, 2016
Cutehector:

yes she's still her father's child ogini di sef

1 Like

Re: Help My Wife To Arrange Her Names On Her C.v by Blade21: 9:37am On Apr 04, 2016
Funminicrown:

She's not done the change of name and the applications are very urgent but can't she attach the marriage cert before the availability of the affidavits and newspaper publication?
I'm stressing this because I'm more particular about how she's been addressed behind me. Using her father's name means two things: she would either be addressed as miss Anonymous or Mrs Anonymous. The miss is a nono for me while the other option connotes wrong identity(cause she's not married to her father).
you sef there are jobs I apply for my hubby will say put single it doesnt change the fact we are married all these little things doesn't have any effect on your married life simple

1 Like

Re: Help My Wife To Arrange Her Names On Her C.v by TheArchangel(f): 10:01am On Apr 04, 2016
Blade21:
you sef there are jobs I apply for my hubby will say put single it doesnt change the fact we are married all these little things doesn't have any effect on your married life simple
Abi na.!
I apply for jobs with either Miss, Mrs, single, married tags even list my addresses depending on the job locations. Got some of my CVs with posh addresses and ones with Pako addresses.
Op don't worry, if your wife is smart enough they will be addressing her as Mrs during the interview. With a huge ring on her finger that should be sorted out.

1 Like

Re: Help My Wife To Arrange Her Names On Her C.v by simpleseyi: 11:22am On Apr 04, 2016
Funminicrown:

A very good one but what's she been called at her workplace? Your name or her father's name?

She bears my surname officially because there is a document saying that she is married to Mr Simpleseyi. So, though all her credentials bear her father's name, she officially bears my father's name.
Re: Help My Wife To Arrange Her Names On Her C.v by marbee(f): 1:36pm On Apr 04, 2016
Allow your wife apply with the name on her credentials, when the change of name is ready,she can then add it to her credentials.

It is not suppose to be a problem as far as it does not reduce or add to her salary cool
Re: Help My Wife To Arrange Her Names On Her C.v by PresVA: 4:19pm On Apr 04, 2016
Getting worked up over something irrelevant. .. Her father's surname or yours on the CV doesn't stop her from being your wife...

1 Like

Re: Help My Wife To Arrange Her Names On Her C.v by raumdeuter: 6:06pm On Apr 04, 2016
Your wife never get job, she never put CV out she never get call from recruiter sef you don dey worry yourself about wetin no matter

Like person wey never pass JAMB wey don dey worry about I dont want to stay in Moremi hostel

1 Like

Re: Help My Wife To Arrange Her Names On Her C.v by Nobody: 8:01pm On Apr 04, 2016
simpleseyi:

Seyi ori e pe ojare
Re: Help My Wife To Arrange Her Names On Her C.v by aforti(m): 10:01am On Apr 05, 2016
Funminicrown:
My wife just graduated and wants to start her professional race and I'm supporting her on this.
But I'm not satisfied about the arrangement of names on her c.v because she wants to use the surname on her cert(her father's name) while I'm of the opinion she uses the name on her marriage cert(my name).
She opines that the name will contradict each other and that might slow down her race as the job market is saturated already, but I'm more concerned about how she's been addressed before, during and after the job hunting phase.
Please house, kindly suggest how her names should be arranged in a way that both end of the divide would be protected(professional and marital)

Mods, please help as this is urgent. She wants to start sending out her applications today but I've told her to wait till I'm back from my place of work today. So, i need to decide before 5pm today.
Thanks!

All these name things don't matter, marriage isnot a paper or name change thing, its a conscious awareness. Let your wife use the name on all her previous documents so she can have all unioform. Besides in place of work no one even calls any Mrs, they just call you Juliet of marry, plus your wife can officially tell every one she wants to be addressed as Mrs edem. No one will go and be checking her documents to call her that. Most times we pay so much attention on things that don't really matter and create problems to ourselves. Mr man ket peace reign in your family. Ket her use the name she is comfortable with in her documents. Its no big deal man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help My Wife To Arrange Her Names On Her C.v by Funminicrown: 5:53pm On Apr 05, 2016
aforti:

All these name things don't matter, marriage isnot a paper or name change thing, its a conscious awareness. Let your wife use the name on all her previous documents so she can have all unioform. Besides in place of work no one even calls any Mrs, they just call you Juliet of marry, plus your wife can officially tell every one she wants to be addressed as Mrs edem. No one will go and be checking her documents to call her that. Most times we pay so much attention on things that don't really matter and create problems to ourselves. Mr man ket peace reign in your family. Ket her use the name she is comfortable with in her documents. Its no big deal man
Thanks man!

(1) (Reply)

Shocking!! 40 Yr Old Mother Who Is Sleeping With Her Son Is Now Pregnant For Him / My Husband's Addiction Is Destroying My Home. / Sad! Scott Disick's Dad Dies 2 Months After His Mum Passed Away

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.