Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,325 members, 7,864,546 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 08:21 PM

Hoodlums Attack Places Of Worship In Kaduna - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Hoodlums Attack Places Of Worship In Kaduna (463 Views)

Hoodlums Attack Man, British Wife, Daughter In Lagos. (pics) / Hoodlums Attack Hausa Family Travelling From Benue To Calabar (Photos) / Hoodlums Attack Ojobo, Delta Community. Inflict Injuries On Villagers (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hoodlums Attack Places Of Worship In Kaduna by zik4ever: 8:46am On Apr 04, 2016
A number of hoodlums on Friday evening attacked places of worship in Ungwar Boro, an area in Chikun local government area of Kaduna State, molesting worshipers, destroying churches and carting away money and other valuables.
Eye witnesses said that the hoodlums numbering over 40 came in more than five tricycles carrying sticks, iron rods, machetes and petrol.

The hoodlums, Daily Trust learnt, first attacked Christian worshipers praying on the popular Feroro mountain top in the area where Christians from different churches usually gather to pray every first day of the month.
One of the pastors praying with his members at the mountain top, Pastor Yusuf Joseph narrated his ordeal, saying, “I was at the mountain top praying with my members about 5.30pm when I saw some boys destroying somewhere belonging to another church. Suddenly, I saw one of the boys pointing at me and saying, ‘This is one of the prophets we want to kill.’ When I heard that, I quickly alerted my members and asked them to scamper for safety. Before I knew what was happening, the hoodlums had jumped the fence to where I was.
“I was mobbed by the hoodlums as they hit me severally with sticks and iron. I ran into a nearby church to tell the worshipers to run for their dear lives. Then I headed to the police station in the area to alert the Police that the area was under attack. The Police followed me to the mountain top to chase the hoodlums but only one of them was caught.”
The founder of one of the churches, Redemption Hill Church that was also attacked, Prophetess Juliana Adebayo narrated that though Friday was not a service day, five people were in the church praying when the hoodlums stormed the place, destroying the windows, doors, pulpits, aluminium frames and musical instruments.
“The members and people around the church ran, leaving behind their wallets, purses, handsets and other valuables. Large sums of money belonging to different bands in the church were also stolen by the hoodlums as they destroyed the altar. The church has been existing for over 25 years and we have never experienced anything like this,” she said.
The reason for the hoodlums’ attack remained unknown by yesterday but Daily Trust learnt that the death of a boy who got drowned in the Feroro river triggered their action. Some of the residents of the area said that the boy was in accompany of his friend who were drunk.
When contacted, the spokesman of the Kaduna State Police Command, DSP Zubairu Abubakar confirmed the incident, saying one Akim Samuel of ECWA church had been arrested over the attack.
He further said preliminary investigation revealed that the perpetrators were Christian youths. He also confirmed the death of the boy, ThankGod Peter, 20, who went to Feroro river with his friend to swim and got drowned shortly before the attack.

Read more at http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/hoodlums-attack-places-of-worship-in-kaduna/140855.html#JipcxO6kLrhErf2r.99
Re: Hoodlums Attack Places Of Worship In Kaduna by Iolite(f): 9:10am On Apr 04, 2016
Na wao. Thank God say Pastor no bind and cast but rather told his members to run for their lives. What is the link between the drowned boy and this attack
Re: Hoodlums Attack Places Of Worship In Kaduna by Stuntkid172(m): 9:12am On Apr 04, 2016
MAKA Y Oga Hell Rufai
Re: Hoodlums Attack Places Of Worship In Kaduna by pet4ril(f): 9:24am On Apr 04, 2016
Mad people.... What has attacking churches got to do with someone who drowned in the river
Re: Hoodlums Attack Places Of Worship In Kaduna by ItsMeAboki(m): 5:09pm On Apr 04, 2016
Thank God it was Christian against Christian otherwise this thread would have been flooded with insults and abuses against the other side.

(1) (Reply)

Osun State Governor, Rauf Adesoji Aregbesola Investigated By EFCC / Police Retrieves Senator’s Corpse From Pond / PHOTO: Fake Hajj Agent Jailed For Six Years On Account Of N1.5m Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.