Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,333 members, 7,954,354 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:19 PM

Corporate Media Gatekeepers Protect Western 1% From Panama Leak - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Corporate Media Gatekeepers Protect Western 1% From Panama Leak (514 Views)

Grace Mugabe Claims She Beat Up South Africa Model To Protect Herself / Panama Papers Expos; Iceland's Prime Minister Resigns. / Panama Papers Updates Live Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corporate Media Gatekeepers Protect Western 1% From Panama Leak by NairaMinted: 5:42pm On Apr 04, 2016
Some m insight into this Panama Papers fiasco .Although this writer also says "Putin is bent" and offers no evidence. kiss

CORPORATE MEDIA GATEKEEPERS PROTECT WESTERN 1% FROM PANAMA LEAK
4 April 2016
craigpic

Republished with permission from craigmurray.org

Whoever leaked the Mossack Fonseca papers appears motivated by a genuine desire to expose the system that enables the ultra wealthy to hide their massive stashes, often corruptly obtained and all involved in tax avoidance. These Panamanian lawyers hide the wealth of a significant proportion of the 1%, and the massive leak of their documents ought to be a wonderful thing.

Unfortunately the leaker has made the dreadful mistake of turning to the western corporate media to publicise the results. In consequence the first major story, published today by the Guardian, is all about Vladimir Putin and a cellist on the fiddle. As it happens I believe the story and have no doubt Putin is bent.

But why focus on Russia? Russian wealth is only a tiny minority of the money hidden away with the aid of Mossack Fonseca. In fact, it soon becomes obvious that the selective reporting is going to stink.

The Suddeutsche Zeitung, which received the leak, gives a detailed explanation of the methodology the corporate media used to search the files. The main search they have done is for names associated with breaking UN sanctions regimes. The Guardian reports this too and helpfully lists those countries as Zimbabwe, North Korea, Russia and Syria. The filtering of this Mossack Fonseca information by the corporate media follows a direct western governmental agenda. There is no mention at all of use of Mossack Fonseca by massive western corporations or western billionaires – the main customers. And the Guardian is quick to reassure that “much of the leaked material will remain private.”

What do you expect? The leak is being managed by the grandly but laughably named “International Consortium of Investigative Journalists”, which is funded and organised entirely by the USA’s Center for Public Integrity. Theirfunders include

Ford Foundation
Carnegie Endowment
Rockefeller Family Fund
W K Kellogg Foundation
Open Society Foundation (Soros)

among many others. Do not expect a genuine expose of western capitalism. The dirty secrets of western corporations will remain unpublished.

Expect hits at Russia, Iran and Syria and some tiny “balancing” western country like Iceland. A superannuated UK peer or two will be sacrificed – someone already with dementia.

The corporate media – the Guardian and BBC in the UK – have exclusive access to the database which you and I cannot see. They are protecting themselves from even seeing western corporations’ sensitive information by only looking at those documents which are brought up by specific searches such as UN sanctions busters. Never forget the Guardian smashed its copies of the Snowden files on the instruction of MI6.

What if they did Mossack Fonseca database searches on the owners of all the corporate media and their companies, and all the editors and senior corporate media journalists? What if they did Mossack Fonseca searches on all the most senior people at the BBC? What if they did Mossack Fonseca searches on every donor to the Center for Public Integrity and their companies?

What if they did Mossack Fonseca searches on every listed company in the western stock exchanges, and on every western millionaire they could trace?

That would be much more interesting. I know Russia and China are corrupt, you don’t have to tell me that. What if you look at things that we might, here in the west, be able to rise up and do something about?

And what if you corporate lapdogs let the people see the actual data?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corporate Media Gatekeepers Protect Western 1% From Panama Leak by Nobody: 11:17pm On Apr 05, 2016
Keep silence before me, O Anglozionist vampires; and let the Russians & Nigerians renew their strength: let them come near; then let them speak: let us come near together to judgment. grin

Who raised up Vladimirovich Putin from Russia, called him to his foot, gave the nations before him, and made him rule over kings? he gave them as the dust to his sword, and as driven stubble to his bow.

He pursued them, and passed safely; even by the way that he had not gone with his feet.

Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the Lord - Zoharariel Underscore Obatala, the first, and with the last; I am he. grin

The Europeans saw it, and feared; even Australia - the end of the earth were afraid, drew near, and came.

They helped every one his neighbour; and every one said to his brother, Be of good courage.

So Appleyard encouraged Shymm3x & Scully95. Nairaminted comforted Cyprus000 & Fineguy11. Tkester consoled Capip, BoneChamberlain & romme2u saying, It is ready for the sodering: and he fastened it with nails, that it should not be moved. grin

But thou, Vladimirovich, art my servant, Putin whom I have chosen, the seed of Spiridonovich my friend. grin

Thou whom I have taken from the ends of the earth, and called thee from the chief men thereof, and said unto thee, Thou art my servant; I have chosen thee, and not cast thee away.

Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

Behold, all they that were incensed against thee shall be ashamed and confounded: they shall be as nothing; and they that strive with thee shall perish.

Thou shalt seek them, and shalt not find them, even Amerika that contends with thee: they that war against thee shall be as nothing, and as a thing of nought.

For I the Lord thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee.

Fear not, thou worm Vladimirovich, and ye men of Russia & Nigeria; I will help thee, saith the Lord, and thy redeemer, the Holy One of Putin.

Behold, I will make thee a new sharp threshing Nuclear weapon having teeth: cheesy thou shalt thresh the Amerikans, the Israelis, the Saudi-Arabians, the Turksmen, and beat them small, and shalt make Britain as chaff.

Thou shalt fan them, and the wind shall carry them away, and the whirlwind of the Nuclear weapon shall scatter them: and thou shalt rejoice in the Lord, and shalt glory in the Holy One of Russia & Nigeria. grin

When the poor and needy seek money, and there is none, and their heart faileth for justice, I the Lord will hear them, I the God of Russia & Nigeria will not forsake them.

I will open up the strongroom of that bastard - Bill Gates and then break-open the coffers of the Rothschilds. grin

I will transfer Saudi-Arabia's Aramco, Amerika's Exxon-Mobil, Chevron & Conoco Phillips to Russia; Lockheed Martin, Raytheon & Northrop Grumman to Iran; Apple, Microsoft, Hewlett-Packard & Dell to China; Verizon & AT&T to North Korea; JP Morgan Chase, Bank of America, HSBC, Capital One, US Bankcorp, Wells Fargo & Citigroup to Nigeria - and Nigeria shall become the financial capital of the world. grin

I will obliterate Israel from the middle-east so that there can be peace. I will rain Nuclear fire & brimstones upon France so that all the Francophone Countries can abolish colonial tax to France. I will uproot Britain and turn her into a Nuclear wasteland for the evil she has wrought in Africa.

I will sell ValerianSteel, Mazeltov, Vedaxcool, Obagadaffi & that chicago based money-doubler - Lucasbalo to the Fulani Herdsmen in exchange for 1 calabash of fura da nono grin

And missy89? I will keep her in ijebu to hone my sexual acrobatic skills. grin

Behold, pay no attention to the Panama Papers; their lies & propaganda are nothing: their Mainstream Media are wind and confusion. grin

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Corporate Media Gatekeepers Protect Western 1% From Panama Leak by romme2u: 1:41am On Apr 06, 2016
grin grin grin

wickedness in high places

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Corporate Media Gatekeepers Protect Western 1% From Panama Leak by scully95: 7:56am On Apr 06, 2016
Now watch the empire of lies market the idea of Corruption as if it is not the biggest empire of corruption.

The idea of democrazy itself if massive corruption and just as the post called it out. It hide the 1% from the leak and yes made sure Putin is the leader even though Putin was not leaked because they would not find anything..

But yes, his associates are in fact Putin himself..

Very corrupt media has no moral standard to even say a word in the first place..

And in the last place..

Any corruption that does not lead to the death of people is just a petty corruption..

Now let me define corruption using scale -1 to 3

A corruption that no one dies is -1
A corruption that leads to the death of 1 person is 1
A corruption that leads to the death of more than one person is on the scale of 2

Now the biggest of corruption which is corruption of power that leads to the death of millions of people is on the large scale and that is 3.

Now who by any ramification is the empire of corruption in this whole century?
And again if we are to look by Corruption on the scale of -1 and 2.. The last time the "Economic recession" of selling fake derivatives lead to over 2 trillion $ lost of money that lead to a few people jumping off tall buildings. Now that is the biggest corruption in the history of human being..

So what is the empire of lies got to say about a petty corruption ? Does it have any moral value to even say a word ?

Please the empire has lost it finally and since..

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

How Did Donald Trump Make His Fortune? / DONALD TRUMP (success Story) / Chilcot Report: Iraq War Based On 'flawed Intelligence'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.