Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,130 members, 7,818,389 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

IGR: Tomatoes, Akara Sellers To Pay Tax As Kaduna Government Targets N45bn Annua - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IGR: Tomatoes, Akara Sellers To Pay Tax As Kaduna Government Targets N45bn Annua (1755 Views)

Kaduna Government Officially Labels Shiite IMN "Insurgent" / IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential / N45bn IGR: Tomatoes, Akara Sellers To Pay Tax In Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

IGR: Tomatoes, Akara Sellers To Pay Tax As Kaduna Government Targets N45bn Annua by olatade(m): 6:36pm On Apr 04, 2016
As part of efforts to ensure the realization of a target of N45bn as its annual Internally Generated Revenue, IGR, the Kaduna State Government has announced its decision to impose tax on petty traders such as those frying beans cake (Akara) as well as traders selling tomotoes and other petty items.
The Executive Chairman of the Kaduna State Internal Revenue Service, KADIRS, Mallam Muktar Ahmed, who disclosed this on Monday, stated that those involved in petty sales would make their payment based on what he called “presumptive tax”according the size of their business and sales.

He revealed that there had been meetings with unions and business groups to that effect.

Mallam Ahmed also disclosed that N20bn was targeted to be generated from the MDAs while N25bn is targeted to be generated from the state internal service.

The Chairman, while briefing newsmen in Kaduna, added that, “It is no longer news that the dip in the nation’s oil earnings has affected allocations from the federal account, this scenario has been on for months foisting a serious crunch on federal, state and local government allocations.

“Consequently, it has become pertinent for states to take on the issue of Internally Generated Revenue, IGR, seriously as it is the only way to cushion the effects of falling federal allocations and for states to be self-sustaining.”

He stressed that in view of the set target and the promise of delivering dividends of democracy to the good people of Kaduna State, the Governor, upon assumption of office, hit the ground running by setting up a committee headed by Mrs Ifueko Omogui Okauru , a seasoned tax administrator and one time Executive Chairman of the Federal Inland Revenue Service, FIRS, who was mandated with the task of reviewing the tax and revenue generating mechanism in the state in order to widen the tax net and also collect all potential revenues within the state

http://dailypost.ng/2016/04/04/igr-tomatoes-akara-sellers-to-pay-tax-as-kaduna-government-targets-n45bn-annually/?utm_source=dlvr.it_dp1&utm_medium=facebook
Re: IGR: Tomatoes, Akara Sellers To Pay Tax As Kaduna Government Targets N45bn Annua by daniska3yaro(m): 6:37pm On Apr 04, 2016
Lool

1 Like

Re: IGR: Tomatoes, Akara Sellers To Pay Tax As Kaduna Government Targets N45bn Annua by pdppower: 6:44pm On Apr 04, 2016
The list is not complete yet o. What about beggars ? They should also be taxed. Useless APC governor. Only God knows what will remain of our lives by the time their tenures end in 2019

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IGR: Tomatoes, Akara Sellers To Pay Tax As Kaduna Government Targets N45bn Annua by chriskosherbal(m): 6:48pm On Apr 04, 2016
Hmmm na waoooo.
Re: IGR: Tomatoes, Akara Sellers To Pay Tax As Kaduna Government Targets N45bn Annua by Shehucom(m): 6:52pm On Apr 04, 2016
Who says this isn't a good idea?? I know this group of traders have unions in state like lagos, if the ordinary bread sellers have Union, why can't they pay tax??

2 Likes

Re: IGR: Tomatoes, Akara Sellers To Pay Tax As Kaduna Government Targets N45bn Annua by vikacydevato(m): 6:57pm On Apr 04, 2016
The government should provide basic amenities before talking of tax from small
Scale traders.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGR: Tomatoes, Akara Sellers To Pay Tax As Kaduna Government Targets N45bn Annua by jmichlins(m): 7:13pm On Apr 04, 2016
I thought small and medium scale businesses are excused from taxation. Tax churches and mosque leave the poor masses that will still pay at the church every sunday and mosque every friday. This government must be stupid to tax these women

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IGR: Tomatoes, Akara Sellers To Pay Tax As Kaduna Government Targets N45bn Annua by psucc(m): 7:37pm On Apr 04, 2016
See CHANGE!!
Re: IGR: Tomatoes, Akara Sellers To Pay Tax As Kaduna Government Targets N45bn Annua by Fmartin(m): 8:01pm On Apr 04, 2016
Wat abt shoe shiner, mai moya? grin
Re: IGR: Tomatoes, Akara Sellers To Pay Tax As Kaduna Government Targets N45bn Annua by Trut(m): 8:05pm On Apr 04, 2016
Sai APC chain grin
Re: IGR: Tomatoes, Akara Sellers To Pay Tax As Kaduna Government Targets N45bn Annua by Andyteetopy: 8:47pm On Apr 04, 2016
Very soon, they will ask us to pay tax for touching our babes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IGR: Tomatoes, Akara Sellers To Pay Tax As Kaduna Government Targets N45bn Annua by Boss13: 9:11pm On Apr 04, 2016
jmichlins:
I thought small and medium scale businesses are excused from taxation. Tax churches and mosque leave the poor masses that will still pay at the church every sunday and mosque every friday. This government must be stupid to tax these women

Who told you that? The govt is yet to ascertain go to capture these set of people and assess then for tax

1 Like

Re: IGR: Tomatoes, Akara Sellers To Pay Tax As Kaduna Government Targets N45bn Annua by SleekMallam: 9:19pm On Apr 04, 2016
Good! about time.
Re: IGR: Tomatoes, Akara Sellers To Pay Tax As Kaduna Government Targets N45bn Annua by Acidosis(m): 9:38pm On Apr 04, 2016
Fo0ls, leave petty traders alone!!

Some of these petty traders still feed their children (some of whom are graduates with no jobs).

Build all the roads, fix all the lights, provide the markets, and everyone would pay.

You cannot rob Peter, to pay your cronies. You can't tax me, and end up employing your cronies in FIRS.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IGR: Tomatoes, Akara Sellers To Pay Tax As Kaduna Government Targets N45bn Annua by rexel99: 9:57pm On Apr 04, 2016
El rufai has finally gone mad, from demolishing small shops to taxing these poor people. There is enough suffering in the land, abeg shelve these your policies Jo.
Re: IGR: Tomatoes, Akara Sellers To Pay Tax As Kaduna Government Targets N45bn Annua by Evestar200(f): 10:05pm On Apr 04, 2016
D same way delta state goverment want to generate revenue for his project
Re: IGR: Tomatoes, Akara Sellers To Pay Tax As Kaduna Government Targets N45bn Annua by GenOrumov: 11:23pm On Apr 04, 2016
Good development!!

If you make money, then you should pay tax towards the development of the state. You want roads, housing, good business environment but you don't want to pay tax. How will you now get the good things listed?

As for this market women, they can place a flat fee on them like its done in Lagos where artisans, market women and all those in the informal sector pay a token of 2500 per year. We know the disposable income in KD is not as high as in Lagos, therefore they can place a levy on them say 500 or 1000 per year that's 41.6 or 83 naira per month.

Will that be too much for them to pay? I leave you all criticising this initiative to judge this matter from my suggestion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IGR: Tomatoes, Akara Sellers To Pay Tax As Kaduna Government Targets N45bn Annua by yarimo(m): 11:25pm On Apr 04, 2016
But here in my state u will pay tax if u are angry
Andyteetopy:
Very soon, they will ask us to pay tax for touching our babes.
Re: IGR: Tomatoes, Akara Sellers To Pay Tax As Kaduna Government Targets N45bn Annua by mencade5(m): 11:38pm On Apr 04, 2016
How much akara seller dey make per day? U don tax mai shayi too?

Dis short man don mad
Re: IGR: Tomatoes, Akara Sellers To Pay Tax As Kaduna Government Targets N45bn Annua by EasternLeopard: 12:04am On Apr 05, 2016
Economic madness
Re: IGR: Tomatoes, Akara Sellers To Pay Tax As Kaduna Government Targets N45bn Annua by Ikengawo: 12:18am On Apr 05, 2016
Prior to Sanusi buhari and elrufai having any real power we heard day in day out that fulanis were skilled at leadership. As emir Sanusi is just marrying children and harboring kidnapped teenagers, buhari is 100% the most disgraced and ineffective president in nigerian history and El rufai has turned kaduna into an anti Christian anti poor laughing stock with not a single project to boast of.

In the east the worst governor is Rochas and theres at least free education and new hospitals. Useless marauding failures.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IGR: Tomatoes, Akara Sellers To Pay Tax As Kaduna Government Targets N45bn Annua by Acidosis(m): 6:05am On Apr 05, 2016
GenOrumov:
Good development!!

If you make money, then you should pay tax towards the development of the state. You want roads, housing, good business environment but you don't want to pay tax. How will you now get the good things listed?

As for this market women, they can place a flat fee on them like its done in Lagos where artisans, market women and all those in the informal sector pay a token of 2500 per year. We know the disposable income in KD is not as high as in Lagos, therefore they can place a levy on them say 500 or 1000 per year that's 41.6 or 83 naira per month.

Will that be too much for them to pay? I leave you all criticising this initiative to judge this matter from my suggestion.

The problem isn't about paying TAXES, the issue is about paying Taxes to idi.ots.

Why should I pay tax to unaccountable id.iots who see themselves as gods and lords over others?

Will El Rufai come out boldly to address these petty traders on how he spends their money? Why should we all TRUST useless leaders? Petty traders are not civil servants or NLC whom you can shut their mouths with salaries and bribes.

They have all the rights to resist the government and, refuse to pay.

Those that trust these useless leaders (Zombies) should pay the TAXES, and those who do not trust the leaders (WAILERS) should be allowed to pay ONLY when the so called projects are visible for all to see.
Re: IGR: Tomatoes, Akara Sellers To Pay Tax As Kaduna Government Targets N45bn Annua by edoyad(m): 6:09am On Apr 05, 2016
I hope they will tax almajiri schools like how they tax other schools too
Re: IGR: Tomatoes, Akara Sellers To Pay Tax As Kaduna Government Targets N45bn Annua by arresa: 6:13am On Apr 05, 2016
vikacydevato:
The government should provide basic amenities before talking of tax from small
Scale traders.

How do you provide amenities if people don't pay taxes or where do you think money for amenities comes from..
Re: IGR: Tomatoes, Akara Sellers To Pay Tax As Kaduna Government Targets N45bn Annua by gbaskiboy: 7:00am On Apr 05, 2016
If the taxation will not be much is welcomed, implementing the money realized to develop the state should be seen. Tax payers money should be fully utilized, it'll benefit all
Re: IGR: Tomatoes, Akara Sellers To Pay Tax As Kaduna Government Targets N45bn Annua by OlujobaSamuel: 7:11am On Apr 05, 2016
Acidosis:

The problem isn't about paying TAXES, the issue is about paying Taxes to idi.ots.

Why should I pay tax to unaccountable id.iots who see themselves as gods and lords over others?

Will El Rufai come out boldly to address these petty traders on how he spends their money? Why should we all TRUST useless leaders? Petty traders are not civil servants or NLC whom you can shut their mouths with salaries and bribes.

They have all the rights to resist the government and, refuse to pay.

Those that trust these useless leaders (Zombies) should pay the TAXES, and those who do not trust the leaders (WAILERS) should be allowed to pay ONLY when the so called projects are visible for all to see.
you don't mean it, is dis your real IQ?
Re: IGR: Tomatoes, Akara Sellers To Pay Tax As Kaduna Government Targets N45bn Annua by Acidosis(m): 7:15am On Apr 05, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:
you don't mean it, is dis your real IQ?
Address my points, leave my I.Q
Re: IGR: Tomatoes, Akara Sellers To Pay Tax As Kaduna Government Targets N45bn Annua by Sunky200: 7:19am On Apr 05, 2016
hmmmm! tough time ahead, real tough time awaits us
i hope the end result is worthy of our sacrifices
Re: IGR: Tomatoes, Akara Sellers To Pay Tax As Kaduna Government Targets N45bn Annua by OlujobaSamuel: 7:20am On Apr 05, 2016
Acidosis:

Address my points, leave my I.Q
I should address a point where you sincerely and honestly suggest that citizens should pay tax base on political affiliations? am sorry, there is nothing to address therein.
you can oppose the policy or in favour of it, but not selecting who to be applied to.
Re: IGR: Tomatoes, Akara Sellers To Pay Tax As Kaduna Government Targets N45bn Annua by Nobody: 7:22am On Apr 05, 2016
Many states' idea of internally generated revenue is simply to squeeze the poor for tax.

why not collect more from the rich.

Increase taxes on big business and banks, partner with them to invest in industry to create jobs and get taxes that way, not target poor traders many of whom live hand to mouth.

I am not saying that the informal sector must not pay their share, but it should be a fair tax that they can easily afford.
Re: IGR: Tomatoes, Akara Sellers To Pay Tax As Kaduna Government Targets N45bn Annua by oluseyiforjesus(m): 7:45am On Apr 05, 2016
Experience is d best Teacher, nxt time when they shout CHANGE we sit on a round table to ask what kind of change is it.............
Re: IGR: Tomatoes, Akara Sellers To Pay Tax As Kaduna Government Targets N45bn Annua by Acidosis(m): 7:51am On Apr 05, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:

I should address a point where you sincerely and honestly suggest that citizens should pay tax base on political affiliations? am sorry, there is nothing to address therein.
you can oppose the policy or in favour of it, but not selecting who to be applied to.

You don't get the logic behind that statement, do you?

Everybody cannot support or oppose El Rufai, and we cannot continue to dissatisfy some in favour of others, hence, my statement.

If some are willing to pay, why not?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Just In:fgn Unviels New Zip Codes|nigeria Postal Codes For All States In Nigeria / World First Lady International Conference. "Aisha Buhari Vs Ayodele Fayose" / Buhari To Sell Nigerian Government NLNG Shares To UAE Buisnessmen.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.