Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,723 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

5 Things To Consider When Choosing A College - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 5 Things To Consider When Choosing A College (428 Views)

9 Factors To Consider When Choosing A Career In Nigeria / Tips To Know And Questions To Ask When Choosing Any Health Insurance Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Things To Consider When Choosing A College by soloheater(m): 7:22pm On Apr 04, 2016
Choosing a college is a task you really have to consider, if you want to achieve your goals and enjoy life in school. Sometimes, it never worked out due to one or two reasons. Having that feeling of getting into college is awesome but the joy shouldn't take your mind away from the things you must know. We have listed some important things to look out while choosing a college.

RANGE OF COURSES.
You might feel that you are absolutely set and have everything planned out, but believe it or not, you might end up changing your mind. It happened to me while I was in college, I was offered to study Mass Communication but wanted to go for Personnel Management only to find out my school doesn't take students on that, I have to continue studying the initial course. Make sure that your school has more than one course that interests you so that you aren't stuck if you do change your mind.

SCHOOL SPIRIT.
In a large school, you can look around and see a flood of school spirit in students and this gives you some reason why you are not wasting any of your time. When you take your next college visit, make note of the school spirit – chances are you want to go to a school that it’s current students love.

LOCATION.
Location is one big thing to consider when you have to choose a college and there are a ton of pros and cons to whichever distance you choose. I knew that I wanted to be away from my parents and possibly in another state and it worked out well for me.

This is one that you’re going to want to really discuss with your parents, and you have to keep things like travel costs, times, how often you want to come home, etc. in mind.

There is a lot to consider as far as location is concerned. Also weight, whether you want to live in a big city or somewhere a bit more rural. If you’re a city dweller at heart and you choose a college in a farming town, you may very well end up being a bit miserable.

THE COST.
This is a big one that you need to consider. And while you’re considering it, apply for a few scholarships. College is disgustingly expensive, but your dream school doesn't have to be unachievable because of price. Look into scholarships and grants, first of all, and then maybe consider loans. No matter what you do, know exactly what you will be paying and talk things out with your parents or, better yet, a financial professional.

http://africademia.com/2016/04/04/choosing-a-college/

(1) (Reply)

My Crush Of 4 Years / Should Tiles Be Used In Bathroom Walls And Floor - Newsphases / Four Children Confirmed Dead After Locking Themselves In a Car (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.