Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,959 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

I Will Only Drive Nigerian Made Cars– Minister - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Only Drive Nigerian Made Cars– Minister (744 Views)

APC Governors Visit To Buhari: The Drinks On The Table Are Nigerian Made - FFK / Buhari Is Using Nigerian Made Drugs In London – Lai Mohammed / Fashola & Lai Mohammed: Hilarious Fictive Conversation A Nigerian Made (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Only Drive Nigerian Made Cars– Minister by kennydee05(m): 8:06pm On Apr 04, 2016
The Minister of Science and Technology, Dr. Ogbonnaya Onu, on Monday declared that as soon as the Federal Government starts implementing the budget, he will only ride in cars manufactured in Nigeria.
He also stated that all 17 agencies under the Federal Ministry of Science and Technology will be directed to patronise Nigerian made cars, adding that the move was to promote the use of locally produced goods.
Onu, who disclosed this while hosting a delegation from Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company Limited at the headquarters of the ministry in Abuja, further noted that vehicles manufactured in Nigeria had 60 per cent local content.
He said, “Through Innoson we can now see vehicles that are manufactured in Nigeria with 60 per cent local input. This is a great feat and we will corporate and collaborate with you and will lead the very urgent need in Nigeria to patronise Nigerian made goods. The Federal Ministry of Science and Technology will do it by example.
“We are just waiting for the budget to be out. But I will like to make this known to our country that as soon as the budget is out, the minister of science and technology will only drive in cars made in Nigeria and this include vehicles in the Ministry of Science and Technology. Also, all our 17 agencies will be directed to patronise made in Nigeria vehicles.
“We believe that leadership by example is the best form of leadership and this ministry will carry this beyond here. This will ensure that we find value in the things that we produce. There is no other way that Nigeria can become a great nation except when we as Nigerians patronise goods made in Nigeria.”
He assured the delegation that the government would support local manufacturers by clearing the challenges faced by operators in the manufacturing sector, adding that this would create wealth for Nigeria.
Credit: Punch

Source:
http://omojuwa.com/2016/04/i-will-only-drive-nigerian-made-cars-minister/
Re: I Will Only Drive Nigerian Made Cars– Minister by Ahmed0336(m): 8:21pm On Apr 04, 2016
Buynaijatogrowthenaira
Re: I Will Only Drive Nigerian Made Cars– Minister by Flexherbal(m): 8:24pm On Apr 04, 2016
Also advise your Boss to use made in Nigeria cars. That is leading by example.
Re: I Will Only Drive Nigerian Made Cars– Minister by yarimo(m): 8:30pm On Apr 04, 2016
Yes Including made in Nigeria airplane
Flexherbal:
Also advise your Boss to use made in Nigeria cars. That is leading by example.
Re: I Will Only Drive Nigerian Made Cars– Minister by Nobody: 8:31pm On Apr 04, 2016
Amazing
Re: I Will Only Drive Nigerian Made Cars– Minister by Nobody: 8:35pm On Apr 04, 2016
Welcome development...

More Talk less Action...

Re: I Will Only Drive Nigerian Made Cars– Minister by Brownhypo: 8:36pm On Apr 04, 2016
Who una dey deceive sef undecided

(1) (Reply)

Ten Reasons Why I Hate Buhari / Zoning Divides PDP - New Telegraph / Will Nigeria Have 24/7 Electricity In Your Life Time?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.