Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,849 members, 7,813,882 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:36 PM

First Time Pregnancy Am Confused - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / First Time Pregnancy Am Confused (2616 Views)

First Time Caucasian Ovchaka Owner....join Me Train Lexi Properly / I'm Confused About This Dog Breed Before Buying Please Help / How I Lost My Female German Shepherd Dog During Pregnancy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Time Pregnancy Am Confused by edyken001: 9:17pm On Apr 04, 2016
My rott weiler was mated 7weeks ago and her stomach is not big but her nipples are pink and swollen. Is it normal. Expected time off birth is 14th of april
Re: First Time Pregnancy Am Confused by aguizm(m): 1:48am On Apr 06, 2016
edyken001:
My rott weiler was mated 7weeks ago and her stomach is not big but her nipples are pink and swollen. Is it normal. Expected time off birth is 14th of april

U are not alone on this bro.

I mated my Female GSD on the second week of February, but I could only notice little increase in the size of her stomach and also pinkish tits with breast a bit swillen .

Right now am even tired of counting self. I comot my mind from her, if she get belle she go surely born am, but if she no get kwa life still continues but I will b so pained cos I paid heavily for the stud service.
Re: First Time Pregnancy Am Confused by edyken001: 8:06am On Apr 06, 2016
Me 2 just tired . I payed 29k , a puppy and additional begging
Re: First Time Pregnancy Am Confused by LordRegalia: 9:22am On Apr 06, 2016
edyken001:

aguizm:

U are not alone on this bro.
I mated my Female GSD on the second week of February, but I could only notice little increase in the size of her stomach and also pinkish tits with breast a bit swillen .
Right now am even tired of counting self. I comot my mind from her, if she get belle she go surely born am, but if she no get kwa life still continues but I will b so pained cos I paid heavily for the stud service.

Hello edyken001 and aguizm.

It is possible that either of your dogs is carrying a false pregnancy, or is carrying a small litter (small number of pups). In any case, the most noticeable growth of the pups and corresponding swelling of the bitch's stomach is usually from the 8th week. One way to determine for sure if they are pregnant and the number of pups would be to take the dogs to a vet clinic and have an xray performed on the bitch.

I would however not be surprised if you bred the dogs on their 2nd heat and it turns out to be a false pregnancy.

@aguizm, if I were you, I would not "comot mind from her". You do not want to be caught unawares and unprepared if and when your dog whelps her pups.

1 Like

Re: First Time Pregnancy Am Confused by aguizm(m): 9:36am On Apr 06, 2016
LordRegalia:

It is possible that either of your dogs is carrying a false pregnancy, or is carrying a small litter (small number of pups). In any case, the most noticeable growth of the pups and corresponding swelling of the bitch's stomach is usually from the 8th week. One way to determine for sure if they are pregnant and the number of pups would be to take the dogs to a vet clinic and have an xray performed on the bitch.

I would however not be surprised if you bred the dogs on their 2nd heat and it turns out to be a false pregnancy.

@aguizm, if I were you, I would not "comot mind from her". You do not want to be caught unawares and unprepared if and when your dog whelps her pups.

Yea Boss, it was actually her second heat cos I skipped the first heat and my dog comes on heat too late. It took her about 8 months from the first heat to this second one. That means her next heat would b in September, omo e far ooooo.

2 Likes

Re: First Time Pregnancy Am Confused by LordRegalia: 11:38am On Apr 06, 2016
aguizm:

Yea Boss, it was actually her second heat cos I skipped the first heat and my dog comes on heat too late. It took her about 8 months from the first heat to this second one. That means her next heat would b in September, omo e far ooooo.

Well, you would have to really hope she is pregnant now and not a false pregnancy. If not you would still have to quietly wait for the third heat as far as it seems and count your losses after spending heavily on stud services for this mating.
Re: First Time Pregnancy Am Confused by edyken001: 11:50am On Apr 06, 2016
She has all the signs of pregnancy. Her vulva is still swollen . Maybe its my eyes . My friends always say her belly is swollen I just hope she give birth o
Re: First Time Pregnancy Am Confused by LordRegalia: 1:05pm On Apr 06, 2016
edyken001:
She has all the signs of pregnancy. Her vulva is still swollen . Maybe its my eyes . My friends always say her belly is swollen I just hope she give birth o

The only difference between false pregnancy and real pregnancy is no pups at the end of the gestation period. All other signs are there and the same. With the exception of the clear discharge from the bitch's vagina at about 3 weeks into the pregnancy. If you were not observant and missed seeing that, then you either have to do xray to confirm or wait it out to see if she whelps.

Hope your bitch whelps pups though. It can be very disheartening to go through all the rigours of mating and pregnancy and then nothing comes of it.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: First Time Pregnancy Am Confused by edyken001: 2:52pm On Apr 06, 2016
I pray she does

1 Like

Re: First Time Pregnancy Am Confused by tomdoggy(m): 3:54pm On Apr 06, 2016
Snap and post picz
Re: First Time Pregnancy Am Confused by edyken001: 5:39pm On Apr 06, 2016
Will do that by week end sha.. Am not currently with her school things. I ran home for a week .
Re: First Time Pregnancy Am Confused by aguizm(m): 9:02pm On Apr 06, 2016
LordRegalia:

Boss this evening I noticed some whitish discharge from myth dogs vulva. What could that mean and also on the issue of false pregnancy, could it be that there was no fertilization after mating or has an abortion taken place silently without my notice.
Re: First Time Pregnancy Am Confused by jstrollet(m): 10:49pm On Apr 06, 2016
aguizm:

grin grin grin
Re: First Time Pregnancy Am Confused by manel96: 1:45pm On Oct 11, 2021
Il existe plusieurs races de chevaux dans le monde entier mais je vous présente le cheval le plus rare du monde dans cet article.
Re: First Time Pregnancy Am Confused by adebankole876: 6:08am On Oct 14, 2021
okay
Re: First Time Pregnancy Am Confused by manel96: 11:17pm On Oct 15, 2021
Voici des informations sur combien de temps un chat peut rester sans uriner et ce que vous devez savoir sur ce sujet.
Re: First Time Pregnancy Am Confused by malek96: 11:20pm On Oct 15, 2021
You are asking the question can spiders survive hot water Let's find out the answer to this subject.
Re: First Time Pregnancy Am Confused by manel96: 5:38pm On Oct 20, 2021
Vous venez d'avoir un chaton 2 mois et vous voulez prendre soin de lui? voici comment bien le faire.

(1) (Reply)

U Pay 4 For What U Get / Top Class Bullmastiff Puppies For Sale...1male And 1 Female Left / Got 3months Male Brindle Boerboel Pup4sale..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.