Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,264 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:30 AM

Why Feeding Babies With Cup And Spoon Is Better Than Bottle Feeding - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Feeding Babies With Cup And Spoon Is Better Than Bottle Feeding (1097 Views)

Mother Baths & Bottle Feeds Her Grown Up Daughter On Her Birthday (Photos) / 5 Things Only Those Born With A Wooden Spoon Understand! / Jealous Wife Attacks Spouse With Bottle On Easter Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Feeding Babies With Cup And Spoon Is Better Than Bottle Feeding by DrAda(f): 10:23pm On Apr 04, 2016
I will share my personal experiences with this topic. As a young mother, I was quite naive. After I gave birth to my first child, I felt that my baby at 1 month of life wasn't getting enough Breastmilk. And so, I started her on artifical milk with bottle feeding. That was my first mistake.
I noticed a week after introducing bottle feeding that she refused to suckle my breast anymore. Not only that, she kept having ear infections repeatedly plus diarrhea. In summary, it was hell.

After I started my residency. I finally understood why that was. The bottle feeding made the milk to be readily available with zero effort and energy exerted by my baby to get the milk hence she started rejecting Breastmilk which required all that extra stress of sucking hard for milk to be released. Secondly, since my baby depended more on artificial milk with little or no Breastmilk, the infections started setting in such as ear infections and diarrhea. Cup and spoon can easily be washed and with less chances of been contaminated unlike bottles with tits so tiny, that extra care plus sterilization must be employed to rid it from bacteria.

Needless to say, my experience with my second child was different. I gave Breastmilk for 4 months and used cup and spoon both to feed and give water all throughout infancy till 2 years. Not once did I go to the hospital for any ailments. Not once. My baby was healthy, happy and strong.

I am a strong advocate for cup and spoon feeding. The advantages far outweigh any conveniences of using bottle feeds.

www.kiddiesmatters.com
Re: Why Feeding Babies With Cup And Spoon Is Better Than Bottle Feeding by sainty2k3(m): 11:05pm On Apr 04, 2016
DrAda:
I will share my personal experiences with this topic. As a young mother, I was quite naive. After I gave birth to my first child, I felt that my baby at 1 month of life wasn't getting enough Breastmilk. And so, I started her on artifical milk with bottle feeding. That was my first mistake.
I noticed a week after introducing bottle feeding that she refused to suckle my breast anymore. Not only that, she kept having ear infections repeatedly plus diarrhea. In summary, it was hell.

After I started my residency. I finally understood why that was. The bottle feeding made the milk to be readily available with zero effort and energy exerted by my baby to get the milk hence she started rejecting Breastmilk which required all that extra stress of sucking hard for milk to be released. Secondly, since my baby depended more on artificial milk with little or no Breastmilk, the infections started setting in such as ear infections and diarrhea. Cup and spoon can easily be washed and with less chances of been contaminated unlike bottles with tits so tiny, that extra care plus sterilization must be employed to rid it from bacteria.

Needless to say, my experience with my second child was different. I gave Breastmilk for 4 months and used cup and spoon both to feed and give water all throughout infancy till 2 years. Not once did I go to the hospital for any ailments. Not once. My baby was healthy, happy and strong.

I am a strong advocate for cup and spoon feeding. The advantages far outweigh any conveniences of using bottle feeds.

www.kiddiesmatters.com

is Ebf now recommended for 4months or 6 cos a friend of ine recently mentione that 4month

(1) (Reply)

Woman Beaten For Arranging House. See Pictures / Woman Divorces Her Husband For Not Paying Her Bride Price After 6 Years Of Marri / When A Woman Decides That It's Only The Children She'll Care For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.