Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,705 members, 7,840,760 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

Best Time To Restructure Nigeria Is Now - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Best Time To Restructure Nigeria Is Now (631 Views)

PDP Assembles Crack Team To Restructure The Party’s Youth System (Photos) / Financial Crisis: “we Will Reduce Workers’ Salaries, Retrench Or Restructure” – / Buhari Pulls Massive Crowd, Vows To Restructure Army, Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Time To Restructure Nigeria Is Now by nuesaweso(f): 9:45am On Jul 30, 2009
angry
Re: Best Time To Restructure Nigeria Is Now by Beaf: 10:20am On Jul 30, 2009
@OP. Without reading your your article, the title might be percieved as mischievous. Edit?

The first priority of the "destabilisation" should be a national conference (with a plan b if that fails).

I think there's too much emphasis on MEND, because the population of the Niger Delta is dwarfed by the majority groups, some sort of stand needs to be taken by the bigger stakeholders especially the Yoruba.
I have particularly mentioned the Yoruba because, Yoruba are the current oligarchy target in the weakening of the constituent parts of Nigeria in the favour of Arewa. It is obvious that they are currently being chucked out of all deserved positions of influence in the country and replaced with Northerners. Fashola makes a name by doing a good job? It only seems to ruffle the feathers of the oligarchy. MEND cannot put their foot down for that.

Having said the hard bits, I'll say it again that the whole of the South is better off uniting; we really can't have any MEND vs OPC type stupidity.

More than anything, it is time to reach out between Igbo and Yoruba and for both to reach out to the southern minorities (who have proven that they are capable of standing up for themselves - Ogboru coup and MEND).

A united south will win any argument, regardless of which way the country chooses to go.
Re: Best Time To Restructure Nigeria Is Now by nuesaweso(f): 10:31am On Jul 30, 2009
@beaf,

Thanks for the input. I have readjusted the title. I only feel so bitter about people of my generation wasting away while the crass leadership class with President Yaradoom enjoying all that corrupt leadership has to offer.

I'm still thinking how we can go about this. Suggestions are welcome.
Re: Best Time To Restructure Nigeria Is Now by ScanLess: 12:04pm On Jul 30, 2009
it is time to flush out the abuja tribe, can you imagine yaradull taking off to Brazil while the country is on fire, pple make una shine ya eye o o !!, e be like say something wan happen, so the guy just take style zap, b/4 im go become casualty shocked shocked shocked

(1) (Reply)

Fear And Disaster. Who Is Creating It? / Where Is Becomerich? / The Military And The Police Ignored Warnings On Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.