Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,335 members, 7,819,172 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:16 PM

I Won't Pay Salaries If You Go On Strike, Ajimobi Tells Oyo Workers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won't Pay Salaries If You Go On Strike, Ajimobi Tells Oyo Workers (674 Views)

Al-makura Fines Demolished Radio Station, Says He Won't Pay Compensation / Busted: Why Mimiko Promised To Pay 7months Salaries If Jegede Wins / 'Beg Me Before I Open Your Schools'. Ajimobi Tells Oyo Pupils (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Won't Pay Salaries If You Go On Strike, Ajimobi Tells Oyo Workers by ExAngel007(f): 7:28am On Apr 05, 2016
In what could be described as I-don’t-care-attitude, Oyo state
governor Abiola Ajimobi has said he is not deterred by the
strike threat of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC), vowing that
any worker who goes on strike will not be paid.

He said ultimatum issued by Labour is not only surprising but
unnecessary and uncalled-for in the prevailing circumstances.
He urged the labour leaders to negotiate with the government,
vowing that any worker who goes on strike without following
due process will not be paid.

The flamboyant governor equally said he is not ready and will
not review the 90 per cent income dedicated for the payment of
workers salary from the Federation Account.

According to him, government cannot pay 62,000 workers with
the money that ought to be used to maintain over 10 million
citizens.
“Modern day labour union and government relationship has
listed steps that must be taken. Step one is if you have any
concern about anything, there is a joint negotiation committee
that is made up of government and workers, you first go there
to discuss with them.

“If after the discussion it does not work then you can go to the
next level where the head of service and government will now
appoint some people to discuss. It is when negotiations have
broken down that labour can give notice of strike and not this
old time labour government relationship where without
discussing you will issue ultimatum to go on strike.

“It is illegal because this is a government where law must be
followed and obeyed, not this culture of impunity. It is wrong to
give an ultimatum to go on strike without reaching a
consensus with the government.

“We have an agreement, there was a time we use to get close
to N5 billion from the Federal Government and our IGR was
like N1 billion, now everybody is aware of the situation, and
now we are having N2 billion plus from Federal Governmen,”
he was quoted by Nation newspaper.

Also, traditional rulers in the state have begged the labour
leaders not to go on strike.

The Olubadan of Ibadan, Oba Saliu Akanmu Adetunji, said
labour should be considerate and embrace the government’s
conditions while the Alaafin of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi, said:
“The government has tried his best allocating 90 per cent of the
federal allocation to pay the worker’s salary. The labour
leaders only need to be patient and considerate.”

https://www.naij.com/788493-shocking-apc-governor-vows-not-pay-workers-salary.html?source=index_main
Re: I Won't Pay Salaries If You Go On Strike, Ajimobi Tells Oyo Workers by oluseyiforjesus(m): 7:31am On Apr 05, 2016
You are d governor of OYO doesn't mean u should do O.Y.O (On Your Own) for dem....
Sometimes when pple call ds country Zoo I get angry but sometimes when I listen to our Leaders I think twice if truly Nigeria is a Zoo.
Re: I Won't Pay Salaries If You Go On Strike, Ajimobi Tells Oyo Workers by younghartz(m): 7:31am On Apr 05, 2016
Hmmm
Re: I Won't Pay Salaries If You Go On Strike, Ajimobi Tells Oyo Workers by Feranchek(m): 7:33am On Apr 05, 2016
No be the same salary palava make dem wan strike in the 1st place?
Re: I Won't Pay Salaries If You Go On Strike, Ajimobi Tells Oyo Workers by micfoley: 7:33am On Apr 05, 2016
At this rate all state workers nationwide will soon be on strike
Re: I Won't Pay Salaries If You Go On Strike, Ajimobi Tells Oyo Workers by bonechamberlain(m): 7:42am On Apr 05, 2016
angry
Finally.. Nairaland is now operating a dictatorial online govt, banning people for saying what is true, yet if buhari or any leader starts to gag freedom of expression and information the whole media personnel would scream to high heavens, while it is being practiced By them even on nairaland.

I don't see how my comments below violates nairaland's rule 9, how my statement is inciting or is promoting Biafra is what I don't understand, instead my comment was to prevent the agitation increasing, yet the mods whose hands are constantly on ban buttons chose to click hurriedly. Pls oga seun tame the autocratic tendencies of ur mods before it destroys this great forum.

And nothing would ever stop the truth from being said even banning people won't stop.
Look at the statement below, how does it promote Biafra

"a moderator banned bonechamberlain for "this
people don't know that the moment all Igbo's return
to the east, the agitation for biafra would be
unprecedented promoting Biafra. violation of rule 9 ."

angry
Re: I Won't Pay Salaries If You Go On Strike, Ajimobi Tells Oyo Workers by kodded(m): 7:58am On Apr 05, 2016
Re: I Won't Pay Salaries If You Go On Strike, Ajimobi Tells Oyo Workers by utytill(m): 10:12am On Apr 05, 2016
Dis gov sef.money no even dey sef.abeg,light dey there?

(1) (Reply)

Double Pay For Ex-govs Now Senators, Ministers / Enough Is Enough Apc. Take Your Brooms ( pix) / Now That Saraki Has Been ‘convicted’ By The Mob

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.