Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,816 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

Saraki’s CCT Trial: Agabi Absent In Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki’s CCT Trial: Agabi Absent In Court (20814 Views)

Agabi Egagifo Killed In Delta State (Graphic Photo) / #SarakiCCT: Zakari Mohammed Responsible For Blackout During Saraki's CCT Trial / Saraki CCT Trial Speech: Receives 'lashes' From Nigerians (snapshots) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saraki’s CCT Trial: Agabi Absent In Court by DONSMITH123(m): 11:19am On Apr 05, 2016
As Nigeria’s Senate President, Bukola Saraki faces his substantive trial at the Code of Conduct Tribunal, CCT, on Tuesday, his lead Counsel and former Minister of Justice, Chief Kanu Agabi was surprisingly absent.
Chief Agabi and a team of 80 defence lawyers challenged the jurisdiction of the tribunal to try Saraki through a motion he filed at the CCT, but lost the case in a ruling which was delivered by Justice Danladi Umar last week.

Consequently, the Prosecuting counsel sought immediate commencement of substantive trial so as not to foot-drag the matter that had been delayed in the last six months over what he termed frivolous motions and counter motions. But in his submission, Agabi pleaded that the matter be fixed for hearing at a later date.

Justice Umar had at Chief Agabi’s request fixed 5th and 6th April, 2016 for proper hearing to enable parties prepare adequately.

Meanwhile, the Senate President and few other senators arrived the Court at exactly 9:55 am.

Confirming Kanu Agabi’s absence, a lawyer among his team said he would be unavoidable absent at the day’s hearing, though another senior lawyer, Barrister Mahmood Magaji SAN was present.

http://dailypost.ng/2016/04/05/sarakis-cct-trial-chief-agabi-absent-in-court/

2 Shares

Re: Saraki’s CCT Trial: Agabi Absent In Court by OsusuMustFlow(f): 11:22am On Apr 05, 2016
na fear catch the man abeg. Kuje dey wait for Saraki. IYABANGI

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki’s CCT Trial: Agabi Absent In Court by youngeagle(m): 11:25am On Apr 05, 2016
Lol...the chess game continues while the masses languish.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki’s CCT Trial: Agabi Absent In Court by OnankpaBa(m): 11:28am On Apr 05, 2016
cheesy make i dey laugh in swahili first. Kuje in waiting

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki’s CCT Trial: Agabi Absent In Court by tomakint: 11:30am On Apr 05, 2016
I swear Nigerian judiciary is one big scam and a huge joke. saraki thought he can dance his way out of judgment with this hanky panky game he and his lawyer are playing.......I can only laugh at him in advance. It is clear now that this dude is running from judgment which to me is a criminal offense!

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki’s CCT Trial: Agabi Absent In Court by omowolewa: 11:32am On Apr 05, 2016
At least he is well represented.

2 Likes

Re: Saraki’s CCT Trial: Agabi Absent In Court by NgeneUkwenu(f): 11:32am On Apr 05, 2016
Instead of these Useless Lairyers to tell Saraki the truth, that he has a very Bad case, they are busy deceiving him..

Smh!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki’s CCT Trial: Agabi Absent In Court by OnankpaBa(m): 11:33am On Apr 05, 2016
Bros, Saraki knew his hands are not clean.

tomakint:
I swear Nigerian judiciary is one big scam and a huge joke. saraki thought he can dance his way out of judgment with this hanky panky game he and his lawyer are playing.......I can only laugh at him in advance. It is clear now that this dude is running from judgment which to me is a criminal offense!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki’s CCT Trial: Agabi Absent In Court by stephnie1(f): 11:41am On Apr 05, 2016
gengen
Re: Saraki’s CCT Trial: Agabi Absent In Court by Mutuwa(m): 11:41am On Apr 05, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
Instead of these Useless Lairyers to tell Saraki the truth, that he has a very Bad case, they are busy deceiving him..

Smh!

most times,the ones who think they are most intelligent and smart,really don't recognize that they are superficial.
after making it apparently nationwide that saraki is culpable,he thinks lawyers can twist his sins around,but had deep forgotten that he has a creator who makes things happen.

His lawyers can only delay to get their own share of the loot,but he will pay for it sooner,than later.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki’s CCT Trial: Agabi Absent In Court by OnankpaBa(m): 11:54am On Apr 05, 2016
my dear, let them take out of what he's hiding.

NgeneUkwenu:

Smh!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saraki’s CCT Trial: Agabi Absent In Court by Sanchez01: 12:27pm On Apr 05, 2016
As a country, I have come to realize that the judiciary is our curse. Saraki knows he is not clean yet he would prefer to play hide and seek till Nigerians get tired.

Some idïots will soon troop in in their numbers to blame Buhari for this. And when Buhari does otherwise, they'll say he does not respect the law. Saraki should do whatever and run wherever, he'll be the scapegoat of this anti corruption campaign.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki’s CCT Trial: Agabi Absent In Court by OnankpaBa(m): 12:43pm On Apr 05, 2016
lalasticlala fit represent Saraki today sha. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Saraki’s CCT Trial: Agabi Absent In Court by tola9ja: 12:49pm On Apr 05, 2016
grin grin grin grin
Re: Saraki’s CCT Trial: Agabi Absent In Court by veekid(m): 12:50pm On Apr 05, 2016
enough of this man saga jare; if na Commot, u wan Commot am for senate president; Commot am nah abi
Re: Saraki’s CCT Trial: Agabi Absent In Court by brainbox1000(m): 12:50pm On Apr 05, 2016
Ok
Re: Saraki’s CCT Trial: Agabi Absent In Court by Nobody: 12:50pm On Apr 05, 2016
Hundreds of lawyers sittinq there undecided......some dey doze....some dey press fone

BTW.....I keep askinq myself this question......"what if Saraki was charqed with murder??"..........omo court qo full to the extent say judge no qo qet seat grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saraki’s CCT Trial: Agabi Absent In Court by seyema(m): 12:50pm On Apr 05, 2016
Hmmm.... We are watching
Re: Saraki’s CCT Trial: Agabi Absent In Court by emmabest2000(m): 12:50pm On Apr 05, 2016
After much much ... It's will still end as usual...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki’s CCT Trial: Agabi Absent In Court by tola9ja: 12:51pm On Apr 05, 2016
tomakint:

1 Like

Re: Saraki’s CCT Trial: Agabi Absent In Court by olapluto(m): 12:51pm On Apr 05, 2016
With this type of judiciary and lawyers, anti corruption fight will be impossible.
Re: Saraki’s CCT Trial: Agabi Absent In Court by Ijaya123: 12:52pm On Apr 05, 2016
Obviously another delay tactics from Saraki's camp.
Re: Saraki’s CCT Trial: Agabi Absent In Court by emmykk(m): 12:52pm On Apr 05, 2016
tomakint:
I envy the Igboo that you smoke
Re: Saraki’s CCT Trial: Agabi Absent In Court by defash8: 12:52pm On Apr 05, 2016
Saraki is a cat with many life

1 Like

Re: Saraki’s CCT Trial: Agabi Absent In Court by Reekadict04: 12:52pm On Apr 05, 2016
wink
Re: Saraki’s CCT Trial: Agabi Absent In Court by kolomax(m): 12:54pm On Apr 05, 2016
Can't wait to hear that boboyen is in prison

1 Like

Re: Saraki’s CCT Trial: Agabi Absent In Court by Jerrick(m): 12:54pm On Apr 05, 2016
That Saraki is the motherf*cking retärd we've been battling with in kwara before his unceremonious and controversial emergence as senate president. He should be handled with Iron Fist as he's quite dubious and outstandingly evasive.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki’s CCT Trial: Agabi Absent In Court by Sunky200: 12:57pm On Apr 05, 2016
Is there no penalty for a lawyer that delibratly make himself unavailable for court hearing?
Re: Saraki’s CCT Trial: Agabi Absent In Court by blackpanda: 12:58pm On Apr 05, 2016
tomakint:

looool ....my dear, you go school at all since when is criminal law a product of personal bias? relax o. saraki aint running no where!
Re: Saraki’s CCT Trial: Agabi Absent In Court by Anijay1212(m): 12:59pm On Apr 05, 2016
K

(1) (2) (Reply)

Allen Onyema Builds A Police Station In Uli, Anambra, Donates It To Police / ‘Whistleblower’ accusing CBN governor of fraud sent to prison / "They Have Failed" - APC Chieftain Harrassed During An Interview (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.