Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,925 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

Is Nigerian Police Your Friend? - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is Nigerian Police Your Friend? (4999 Views)

My Near Death Experience With The Nigerian Police - DIARY Of A Jobless Youth / The Nigerian Police Force Channels And Emergency Numbers / THE NIGERIAN POLICE; Your Friend Or Foe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Nigerian Police Your Friend? by blackmann(m): 2:54pm On Jul 31, 2009
I'm sure if every nigerian could get firearms as easy as peeps here in the states could, there will be no Nigerian Police Force today. Useless nincompoops.
Re: Is Nigerian Police Your Friend? by mreds: 3:03pm On Jul 31, 2009
Freind ke? After i was robbed at gunpoint by them? They wud always wish that i was their friend
Re: Is Nigerian Police Your Friend? by lookmangiw(m): 3:04pm On Jul 31, 2009
Police a friend? Never,infact they are not even close to being an enemy.those armed-civilian,
Re: Is Nigerian Police Your Friend? by biola44: 3:17pm On Jul 31, 2009
men in black! grin
Re: Is Nigerian Police Your Friend? by chic2pimp(m): 3:27pm On Jul 31, 2009
Oh come of it @ poster. U are a wind up merchant. Did u ever think ppl would say yes
Re: Is Nigerian Police Your Friend? by Witi(m): 3:28pm On Jul 31, 2009
YES they can be anybodies friend if you are the complainant with fat pocket. Those bastards, bunch of illiterates and leech.
Re: Is Nigerian Police Your Friend? by aonom(m): 3:35pm On Jul 31, 2009
@ Topic:

No the Nigerian Police Force is definitely not my friend. They are just a bunch of extortionist, who have been given arms to do what they know how to do best. That is to Exploit and Oppress the masses. I think they must have gotten some level of training on how to go about doing so while in training. There are a lot of graduates out there as job seekers who would be willing to be in the same shoes as they are, but with morals and scruples. That is only if the Government repackages the whole Police force, beginning from the IG.
Re: Is Nigerian Police Your Friend? by lahips: 3:44pm On Jul 31, 2009
Re: Is Nigerian Police Your Friend? by dfanthom(m): 3:49pm On Jul 31, 2009
these guys won't have any friends at any/every given time! for 99.9% of the time they are insane & deluded.
however for the 0.1% they are normal, they can save your arse. i am talking from personal experience & on behalf of family, friends & acquaintances. shocked

according to an eastside proverb: if you see an armed robber coming from the left, and you see a policeman coming from the right; bro better go to the robbers cos you know what they want already!
Re: Is Nigerian Police Your Friend? by symbian03(m): 3:58pm On Jul 31, 2009
lol bros NO be lie ooo
Re: Is Nigerian Police Your Friend? by hackney(m): 4:00pm On Jul 31, 2009
Police is who's friend?.

In '05 they shot a millionaire's son from my hometown, took all his dollars and  'arranged' his body like an armed robber with guns etc.
When his true identity was revealed, the police men involved regretted the day they were born.
Some were man-handled to death in prison.
Re: Is Nigerian Police Your Friend? by Kelvinj(m): 4:04pm On Jul 31, 2009
NPF ko, FBI ni
menn! those guyz aint worth 2 be calld sum1's friend even wen ur d complainant.
Even peeps dat wanna go 4 recruitment in2 d NPF have interior motives & baised mind 4 join.
Those black ninjas can neva change even if u pay dem in £ &$. God save those cursed entities
Re: Is Nigerian Police Your Friend? by hackney(m): 4:08pm On Jul 31, 2009
Black ninjas.
u r so on-point man!! grin grin grin grin
LMAO
Re: Is Nigerian Police Your Friend? by sley4life(m): 5:02pm On Jul 31, 2009
how can 9ja police be your friend?
Re: Is Nigerian Police Your Friend? by sley4life(m): 5:03pm On Jul 31, 2009
Never u call them ur friend. The day u do so then get ready to write ur WILL
Re: Is Nigerian Police Your Friend? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 5:11pm On Jul 31, 2009
I had this vivid experience with the Police in Ijesha Surulere in 2001

It was about 9.00PM four guys in driving with an expired vehicle license. (or so we thought)

We got pulled over at the check-point and one of them with an AK-47

1: asked us all to come out of the car for a body search, we did, he searched our pockets, shoes, back, butts
2: asked to see our ID or Drivers license (only one of us had a job that came with an ID, 1 with a Drivers license and Me and teh other guy had no sort of ID)
3: I noticed he had a hausa accent as he spoke so i proceeded to greet him in Hausa and try to strike up a jocular conversation, he obliged, so i bought him a cigarette, while the others search the hood for the Chassis and Engine number.
4: My friend apparently impatient and pissed asked them to hurry up that it was  dark and there have been robberies of late.
5: My Hausa friend heard and immediately lost it that instant. He rushed up to my guy and slapped him across the face,
6: All the remaining policemen (3) immeidately took of their name tags as my friend threatened to make reports and even use Voodoo to curse them all.
7: At that point i noticed that , hey, this Hausa dude was actually half-sober and his breath stank of that ol nigga (paraga).
8. I mustered the courage  to engage him once more with a bottle of Squadron and a chocky smile. he again obliged. and we talked about the hard police life, low salaries, dangerous working conditions and life generally.
9: We were let off the hook this time,

One small Squadi, hhmmn i wondered. I pity the next fool they come across that night.

The Police is definitely not my Friend
Re: Is Nigerian Police Your Friend? by mamag3: 5:16pm On Jul 31, 2009
Yes they are, when I don't have my particulars. grin
Re: Is Nigerian Police Your Friend? by MUZBO(m): 5:28pm On Jul 31, 2009
^ lmao
Re: Is Nigerian Police Your Friend? by MUZBO(m): 5:28pm On Jul 31, 2009
Most of those educated ones in Suprintendent cadre and above are manageable but those punks below IP rank that work the streets are rogues.
I'd thread softly anytime.
Re: Is Nigerian Police Your Friend? by seun001(m): 5:37pm On Jul 31, 2009
friend ke?lai lai!!!!!!!!i dislike them wit a passion!!!!!!
Re: Is Nigerian Police Your Friend? by Tugbaski: 5:52pm On Jul 31, 2009
I don't think we can blame the Police Officers for what the Government as failed to do. Police collecting bribes today cannot be blamed on them rather than the govt. Am sorry, but until the govt stand up to their constitutional duties, Naija police would always be naija police. I think they are alright sha but definitely need OD intervention.
Re: Is Nigerian Police Your Friend? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jul 31, 2009
I seriously fear these animals called Nigerian police.
Re: Is Nigerian Police Your Friend? by pirobaba(m): 6:24pm On Jul 31, 2009
a friend will always be there when you have something
in return to offer. Police is only a friend when you have
N20 to give. as for me there are my friend coz i do giv N50

grin wink grin wink angry wink shocked grin cheesy tongue tongue for Nigerian policeee
Re: Is Nigerian Police Your Friend? by CrudeOil2(m): 6:27pm On Jul 31, 2009
They can be your friend sometimes and your foe at other times. Imagine if the police were to go on a one week strike. The crime rate would be terrible.
Re: Is Nigerian Police Your Friend? by dfanthom(m): 7:08pm On Jul 31, 2009
if u see a 9ja cop coming your way, RUN WITH ALL YOUR STRENGTH IN THE OTHER DIRECTION! grin grin

see the way they butchered boko haram Sect leader!! then u'd understand better
Re: Is Nigerian Police Your Friend? by stagger: 7:31pm On Jul 31, 2009
They should be viewed as a weathercock. When they blow in your direction, they can be your friends. But when they turn elsewhere, scram.

Once robbers raided our estate and they responded in 5 mins to the distress call. I was highly surprised.

Aside that, not too much to smile about from their angle.
Re: Is Nigerian Police Your Friend? by EchuaA: 7:38pm On Jul 31, 2009
the proponent of this theory certainly don't understand what friendship is. Pls refer them to the Holy Bible. Jesus Christ Clearly define who a friend is. take note
Re: Is Nigerian Police Your Friend? by kaycast(m): 7:43pm On Jul 31, 2009
Honestly i have thought over this issue over and over again, but still cant say anthing good about the Nigerian police, they are so dirty, filtyh, corrupt, i wish i had more words to describe them, if i had my way, i would prosecute every police man collecting Egunje or money on the way by hanging or firing squad, ther irritate me, i wonder if the FG does not pay them. Nigerian police are not our friends at all in any way, they dont even ensure our safety, they are so useless i just hate their activities. i personally would be involved in any activity that would rid these dirty people from the Nigerian force.
Re: Is Nigerian Police Your Friend? by JUO(m): 8:28pm On Jul 31, 2009
if any of my brothers become police i will disbrother him even my dad sad sad sad
Re: Is Nigerian Police Your Friend? by cescky(m): 8:42pm On Jul 31, 2009
No way,
the only difference btw the police and armed robbers is one set wears uniforms and the other set or 'sect' dont angry
Re: Is Nigerian Police Your Friend? by Kinkinatus(m): 9:58pm On Jul 31, 2009
How can the Nigerian Police be your friend? I mean, seriously how? They are unfeeling, callous and down right murderous when given the chance. They take your money at check points, mistreat you, and even before they take your money, they blag you first. You got to treat them with utmost caution, like vicious attack dogs. You never know when they are going to turn around and bite you.
Re: Is Nigerian Police Your Friend? by infoguru1(f): 10:12pm On Jul 31, 2009
Nigeria police are not my friend and can never be. I HATE THEM WITH PASSION, They are nothing but pieces of rags, nothing but bunch of idiots

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Where Can I Buy Motorcycle Delivery Boxes / How To Use Nigeria Flag As Background Of Your Picture On Facebook / How Do I Stop Constant Nightly Wet Dreams With Expulsion? Pls Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.