Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,586 members, 7,837,214 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:06 PM

Latest Scam In Town, Kids As Collateral - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Latest Scam In Town, Kids As Collateral (48509 Views)

New Law Compels Zimbabwe Banks To Accept Cattles, Goat And Sheep As Collateral. / Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers / How Can I Get A Loan Using My Bsc/nysc Certificate As Collateral. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Latest Scam In Town, Kids As Collateral by macaranta(m): 12:40pm On Apr 05, 2016
Hmm
Re: Latest Scam In Town, Kids As Collateral by sapientia1(m): 12:40pm On Apr 05, 2016
Nigerians and fraud!
Re: Latest Scam In Town, Kids As Collateral by Francon(f): 12:41pm On Apr 05, 2016
God have mercy
Re: Latest Scam In Town, Kids As Collateral by san316(m): 12:43pm On Apr 05, 2016
So who will pay?
Re: Latest Scam In Town, Kids As Collateral by OnankpaBa(m): 12:44pm On Apr 05, 2016
hmmmm
Re: Latest Scam In Town, Kids As Collateral by kingstylo01(m): 12:49pm On Apr 05, 2016
Sijo01:

Hmmmmm, quite complicated if you ask me. I.e @bold undecided
sharp mind.... I noticed that too
Re: Latest Scam In Town, Kids As Collateral by naijalander: 12:57pm On Apr 05, 2016
One question.

Why would you let a customer who has not paid for goods walk put of the store with the goods??
Re: Latest Scam In Town, Kids As Collateral by Nobody: 1:16pm On Apr 05, 2016
Lol... This scam Don tey naa, though e no dey popular....
Naija and jazz be like 5and 6
Re: Latest Scam In Town, Kids As Collateral by Nobody: 1:17pm On Apr 05, 2016
Some people were born to get scammed: somebody comes to your shop, purchases goods worth a high price then leaves his children but takes the goods to come back with money? Any one who falls for this cheap trick is not wise. Its common sense that any concerned parent would either drop the goods and leave with the kids or leave the kids to look after the goods then dash out to collect money. Use your brain people.

Nigerians always claim they're too street-smart but even here people fall for some type of scams which baffle you why a human would in the first place.
Re: Latest Scam In Town, Kids As Collateral by Nobody: 1:20pm On Apr 05, 2016
Pls nobody should blame the store keeper, the jazz might av work on him too cos I see no reason why a sane person will allow someone he doesn't know to do away with his goods using humans as collateral...

That's why it's good to always pray whenever you go out, evil men everywhere looking for who to scam.

My friend was scam, #120k of company money was collected from him..
Re: Latest Scam In Town, Kids As Collateral by raphy(m): 1:22pm On Apr 05, 2016
They even did it to my junior bro whn he ws still 14yrs at apapa it ws a girl tht did it she buys baby cloth n ran away atm ws nt envogue at d tym.it ws 1998
Re: Latest Scam In Town, Kids As Collateral by SucreB: 1:23pm On Apr 05, 2016
the attendant is very very foolish to have allowed a stranger to go away with goods without payment. he should be held to pay the money. rubbish
Re: Latest Scam In Town, Kids As Collateral by raphy(m): 1:23pm On Apr 05, 2016
They even did it to my junior bro whn he ws still 14yrs at apapa it ws a girl tht did it she buys baby cloth n ran away atm ws nt envogue at d tym.it ws 1998.only God wl help us o.
Re: Latest Scam In Town, Kids As Collateral by Rajosh(m): 1:24pm On Apr 05, 2016
the sales boy is foolish. he hasn't been paid and he allowed the stranger to leave with the goods.
Re: Latest Scam In Town, Kids As Collateral by nursemyke: 1:26pm On Apr 05, 2016
Similar thing happened to my own younger brother. Someone had gone to the Badagry market a day before claiming he was from General Hospital Badgry and that they will need some stuffs like toiletteries, noodles and vgetable oils. He gave the boy the description of the place in the general hospital where the said goods will be offloaded.
The following day the said man came to the general hospital gate where he met my younger brother making a call on his own phone. He approched my brother to please allow him make a minute call to someone cos he is out of airtime. He called the sales boys to take a Keke marwa and bring the goods immediately as he will be going for a meeting.
The sales boy went into the park to charter 2 keke to convey the goods. Meanwhile my brother did not know him neither did he know what he conversed over the phone. According to the sales boy, when they got to the hospital gate, the man wave them down and he was thinking they are going to drop the items at the LASCOMED shop in the hospital, but the man said they should go behind the hospital arround the engineering building where he asked them to drop the goods. He asked for invoice which he was issued but has not paid, he then told the boy to go and bring more noodles then they will complete thier transaction. The boy left with the two keke to bring the cartons of the said noodles.
When the boy returned, he did not meet the earlier goods brought by him and the man too was no where to be found.
He now remember the man called him earlier, he decided to call the man back, lo and behold it was brother he was calling. After much conversation, my brother decided to come. It was then it now done on the boy that he has been scammed.
Re: Latest Scam In Town, Kids As Collateral by greatseed: 1:40pm On Apr 05, 2016
seyema:
The sales boy should be given 12 lashes for been foolish..... So of all things in Nigeria in this 21 century, it's human being you accept as collateral?
If d sales boy was smart, he wud hav told the scammer to leave the goods in the shop while they await him to return from his endtime Atm, afterall his young boys can be with his goods till he returns......anyway may be na jazz sha :- undecided
Re: Latest Scam In Town, Kids As Collateral by DonCortino: 1:44pm On Apr 05, 2016
seyema:
The sales boy should be given 12 lashes for been foolish..... So of all things in Nigeria in this 21 century, it's human being you accept as collateral?
maybe the man chip small of the jazz reach im ends
Re: Latest Scam In Town, Kids As Collateral by Ferdinandu(m): 2:08pm On Apr 05, 2016
xmileeasy:
Scam upgraded. While growing up our parents disciplined us to stay away from strangers no matter the gifts they might lure us with. I think such moral values should be preached and instilled on our kids.
Sure most parents don't know how to discipline their wards. When we were growing up there are rules you dare not disobey or you go chop cane die. like : Talking to or collecting something from Strangers on the road
Opening doors to anybody to come into the house when no adult is in the house even a known person that is not living in the house.
It is basic for the security reasons but most parents are ignorant of that.
Re: Latest Scam In Town, Kids As Collateral by profmallory(m): 2:33pm On Apr 05, 2016
THank God they were not kidnapped..
Re: Latest Scam In Town, Kids As Collateral by Lekksite(m): 2:37pm On Apr 05, 2016
This not new.
I wonder u guys are just suprised...
E don dey happen since d past 12years
Re: Latest Scam In Town, Kids As Collateral by xmileeasy: 2:40pm On Apr 05, 2016
Ferdinandu:
Sure most parents don't know how to discipline their wards. When we were growing up there are rules you dare not disobey or you go chop cane die. like : Talking to or collecting something from Strangers on the road
Opening doors to anybody to come into the house when no adult is in the house even a known person that is not living in the house.
It is basic for the security reasons but most parents are ignorant of that.
It's a serious matter that most parents are ignoring, security tips, sex education etc. I wonder if they don't consider it important.
Re: Latest Scam In Town, Kids As Collateral by icecool982: 2:58pm On Apr 05, 2016
Wickedness of the highest order,No money in circulation and some are already usin diff means to affect their neighbour adversely#Dia is God ooo#
Re: Latest Scam In Town, Kids As Collateral by AreaFada2: 3:10pm On Apr 05, 2016
But when did children become acceptable as a collateral?

The shopkeeper did not fear being accused of child abduction?? shocked
Re: Latest Scam In Town, Kids As Collateral by Mbediogu(m): 3:39pm On Apr 05, 2016
seyema:

Twelve strokes is too lenient of you. I say forty. If the children were mental, malnourished and poorly drssed he wouldn't have allowed them in not to talk of accepting them as collateral. He probably is one of those who deal in human parts.
Re: Latest Scam In Town, Kids As Collateral by ilyas26(m): 4:09pm On Apr 05, 2016
If that guy is in USA he'll be the next Zuckerberg coz he's intelligent
Re: Latest Scam In Town, Kids As Collateral by olamiayub(m): 4:13pm On Apr 05, 2016
NwaNimo1:
Those kids are far from innocent - an 8 year old Naija kid has the brain of a 40 year old - trust me!
Na so
Re: Latest Scam In Town, Kids As Collateral by olamiayub(m): 4:20pm On Apr 05, 2016
[Sure bros quote author=NwaNimo1 post=44425833]Those kids are far from innocent - an 8 year old Naija kid has the brain of a 40 year old - trust me![/quote]
Re: Latest Scam In Town, Kids As Collateral by Nobody: 4:44pm On Apr 05, 2016
seyema:
like you can do beta if you're in his shoes, easier said than done. The man must av also used the said charm on both the salesboy and the little kids.
Re: Latest Scam In Town, Kids As Collateral by delishpot: 5:08pm On Apr 05, 2016
I don't trust the boys, their mom and the #8000

They may all be working together. We all know that those kids would not be held there and their mom can not be forced to pay for those goods. Sooner or later they will be let off the hook and who knows, they may be in another shop next month pulling off this same stunt.

Anyhow, this Na old scam na

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Get RDP With Admin Access And Dedicated IP Address / CBN Headquarters In Abuja Currently On Fire! / Top 20 Richest & Poorest Countries In The World's $94 Trillion Economy (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.