Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,951 members, 7,835,172 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

Man Sent To Prison Over Marriage Fraud (Photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Sent To Prison Over Marriage Fraud (Photo) (27697 Views)

Female NYSC Member Arrested And Remanded In Custody For Fraud. Photo / EFCC Arrests And Arraigns Akpaikpe Etim For Internet Fraud (Photo) / EFCC Declares Woman Wanted For N1 Billion Fraud (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Sent To Prison Over Marriage Fraud (Photo) by Islie: 2:36pm On Apr 05, 2016
A 29-year old man has been arrested and charged before Magistrate’s court sitting in Ejigbo for allegedly obtaining money from his jilted lover under the false pretence of engaging her in marriage in Lagos state, western Nigeria.

The suspect, Chukwuemeka Obodozie allegedly obtained N280, 000 from Ogechi Obinma which she gave as part of their bargain to get married.

However, after obtaining the money, he left her and married another woman he had impregnated.

According to the victim, she entered into a relationship and he promised to consummate into marriage.

He told her that he needed money to clear goods that his elder brother sent to him from abroad to enable them perform an introduction and traditional marriage.

Unknown the Obinma, Obodozie had perfected plans to dump her and marry the woman he had already impregnated in Lagos.

But when Obinma later went to Obodozie’s house at 39 Ilesunmi street off Ijegun road in Ikotun and saw a woman heavily pregnant she became very suspicious.

When Obinma asked to know who she was, Obodozie then confessed to Obinma that he impregnated the woman and needed money to take care of her and that was why he demanded the money from her.

P.M.NEWS gathered that he asked her to forget the money and see it as a prize she had to pay for their relationship that lasted for over two years.

Obinma accepted her fate and loss in the love game but she requested that Obodozie paid her money in full as she would not be responsible for the finance of Obodozie’s marriage.

When Obinma insisted, Obodozie reportedly threatened to kill her, he threatened her at her house and office in Ikotun area of Lagos.

The matter was reported to the police at Ikotun division and Obodozie was arrested and charged to court with obtaining money under false pretence and threat to life.
When he was arraigned, he pleaded not guilty.

The presiding Magistrate, Mrs J.O.E Adeyemi granted Obodozie bail in the sum of N100,000 with two sureties in like sum.

Obodozie was remanded in prison custody pending when he will perfect his bail condition.

The matter was adjourned till 18 April 2016.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2016/04/05/man-docked-over-marriage-fraud/

Pic: Chukwuemeka Obodozie who defrauded jilted Obinma

1 Like

Re: Man Sent To Prison Over Marriage Fraud (Photo) by divinehand2003(m): 2:38pm On Apr 05, 2016
Look at his stupid face oooo
Nonsense.

11 Likes

Re: Man Sent To Prison Over Marriage Fraud (Photo) by ElrayKhalifah(m): 2:40pm On Apr 05, 2016
Notin we no go see 4 naija from these Zombies...
Na so my friend tell me-Oh boy, na zoo u de live sha, shey u know..I was like :What do you mean? Zoo as how?
It's during bullhari tenure that i got to confirm what he told me then.. What a pity

6 Likes

Re: Man Sent To Prison Over Marriage Fraud (Photo) by Raymee(m): 2:57pm On Apr 05, 2016
LoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooL Make I laff 1st abeg!!! Na hustling dis guy dey nah! Abi to go thief na him good pass? It is just a change & we just have to see and feel it. Things are more than tough in my opinion, I dont know about you. No abuse oh...

2 Likes

Re: Man Sent To Prison Over Marriage Fraud (Photo) by DONSMITH123(m): 3:20pm On Apr 05, 2016
yeye dey smell.. see that look

1 Like

Re: Man Sent To Prison Over Marriage Fraud (Photo) by donestk(m): 3:20pm On Apr 05, 2016
The hustle for hubby is real. I think the lady is a nairalander.

6 Likes

Re: Man Sent To Prison Over Marriage Fraud (Photo) by babyfaceafrica: 3:20pm On Apr 05, 2016
Name checkers Association will soon show

2 Likes

Re: Man Sent To Prison Over Marriage Fraud (Photo) by Bitojoe(m): 3:21pm On Apr 05, 2016
Hmmm, Omo Igbo.

2 Likes

Re: Man Sent To Prison Over Marriage Fraud (Photo) by yemajiteru(m): 3:21pm On Apr 05, 2016
Rubbish...
Re: Man Sent To Prison Over Marriage Fraud (Photo) by Houseofglam7(f): 3:21pm On Apr 05, 2016
Rubbish
Re: Man Sent To Prison Over Marriage Fraud (Photo) by Nobody: 3:21pm On Apr 05, 2016
shocked. The guy wan take advantage of..............

Women and their Desperation for Marriage shocked shocked shocked

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Sent To Prison Over Marriage Fraud (Photo) by MadCow1: 3:22pm On Apr 05, 2016

8 Likes

Re: Man Sent To Prison Over Marriage Fraud (Photo) by Jediel1(m): 3:22pm On Apr 05, 2016
Lolz The guy dey hustle money to buy fuel take watch champions league . make una no blame am.

1 Like

Re: Man Sent To Prison Over Marriage Fraud (Photo) by maxit2(m): 3:23pm On Apr 05, 2016
Bad
Re: Man Sent To Prison Over Marriage Fraud (Photo) by slimpoppa(m): 3:24pm On Apr 05, 2016
Chai

1 Like

Re: Man Sent To Prison Over Marriage Fraud (Photo) by Sijo01(f): 3:24pm On Apr 05, 2016
Hediot. Wanted to play smart but ended up falling into the pit he dug. Remain in jail till you meet your bail condition.

2 Likes

Re: Man Sent To Prison Over Marriage Fraud (Photo) by awakeuche(m): 3:25pm On Apr 05, 2016
How is it possible for ladies to fall for totally creepy, good for nothing modafucks...
And always suspect me even before I introduce myself, Nigerian ladies need to have their eyes checked.

5 Likes

Re: Man Sent To Prison Over Marriage Fraud (Photo) by lekjons(m): 3:25pm On Apr 05, 2016
lol.. wailers be like "his real name is Chukwuemeka 'Adekunle' Obodozie"gringrin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Sent To Prison Over Marriage Fraud (Photo) by habsydiamond(m): 3:25pm On Apr 05, 2016
Lazy man. U no get sense at all. U dey use a lady money take care of another lady. Mr wise guy turn fool. Keep ur jail term up Ooo.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Sent To Prison Over Marriage Fraud (Photo) by Nobody: 3:27pm On Apr 05, 2016
Come on! Pay her her money or rot in jail. You ate free punna still collect 200k join, olórí burúkú somebody!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Sent To Prison Over Marriage Fraud (Photo) by lekan29ice(m): 3:27pm On Apr 05, 2016
lubbish

1 Like

Re: Man Sent To Prison Over Marriage Fraud (Photo) by Dapsin2901: 3:28pm On Apr 05, 2016
Wonder shall never end this is another super story... make the guy pay the money oooo he don enjoy the girl and also want to take away from her that is too bad of him

2 Likes

Re: Man Sent To Prison Over Marriage Fraud (Photo) by Young109(m): 3:29pm On Apr 05, 2016
What will I now do? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Man Sent To Prison Over Marriage Fraud (Photo) by freecocoa(f): 3:31pm On Apr 05, 2016
See him face sef. If you must pay someone to marry you, at least make the man make sense small na, haba! angry

2 Likes

Re: Man Sent To Prison Over Marriage Fraud (Photo) by flokii: 3:32pm On Apr 05, 2016
dunno why I stopped reading after seeing the first 2 lines in d second paragraph..

anyone av an idea why?
Re: Man Sent To Prison Over Marriage Fraud (Photo) by Omonigeriarere: 3:38pm On Apr 05, 2016
[s]
ElrayKhalifah:
Notin we no go see 4 naija from these Zombies...
Na so my friend tell me-Oh boy, na zoo u de live sha, shey u know..I was like :What do you mean? Zoo as how?
It's during bullhari tenure that i got to confirm what he told me then.. What a pity
[/s]

He who was born inside Nigeria, grown up inside Nigeria, sustaining and maintaining himself in Nigeria but latter called Nigeria a zoo is indirectly calling his Father, Mother and his ancestors ANIMALS.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Sent To Prison Over Marriage Fraud (Photo) by Nobody: 3:39pm On Apr 05, 2016
idiot....
that was how that monkey stole my gen and sell it, just to feed his family.
I hate those type of guys wit passion.... never give any man 1naira

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Sent To Prison Over Marriage Fraud (Photo) by AyamConfidence(m): 3:40pm On Apr 05, 2016
She chose to be duped...IDGAF.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Sent To Prison Over Marriage Fraud (Photo) by rawtouch: 3:41pm On Apr 05, 2016
Wahala deh oooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Sent To Prison Over Marriage Fraud (Photo) by amunkita(m): 3:42pm On Apr 05, 2016
The guy no Get common 5naira sense..

If them galz chop our money nd go free all in the name of she paid in kind, why not this mumu tell the court she was his sugar mummy who paid for his Amu services..

Nwoke onye Uwa Mmebi..
Re: Man Sent To Prison Over Marriage Fraud (Photo) by ElrayKhalifah(m): 3:42pm On Apr 05, 2016
Omonigeriarere:
[s][/s]

He who was born inside Nigeria, grown up inside Nigeria, sustaining and maintaining himself in Nigeria but latter called Nigeria a zoo is indirectly calling his Father, Mother and his ancestors ANIMALS.
And who told i was born inside Nigeria.....Gerrarrhahia

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bolanle Raheem: Why Sanwo-Olu May Not Let ASP Vandi Die / Fisayo Soyombo Caught Policemen: With N46,000 Bribe, I Drove ‘Stolen' Car.... / Beninoise Chef Steals Master’s $59,000, N3.4m In Ibadan, Builds Mansion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.