Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,106 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

What Is SIN Against The Holy Spirit? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is SIN Against The Holy Spirit? (1640 Views)

What is Sin Against The Holy Spirit That Will Not Be Forgiven?? / Sex Before Marriage Is Sin, Why Is Having Baby A Blessing ? / "Buhari Will Bring Doom To Nigeria": Father Obimma, What Holy Spirit Told Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is SIN Against The Holy Spirit? by turboG: 4:31pm On Apr 05, 2016
What is SIN against the Holy Spirit?

Mark 3:28-30: “Truly I tell you, all sins and blasphemes will be forgiven for the sons of men. But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven, but is guilty of an eternal sin. He said this because they [the Pharisees] were saying, ‘He has an evil spirit‘.”

The SIN against the Spirit” is mentioned in Mark 3:22-30 and Matthew 12:22-32. The word blasphemy may be generally defined as “the act of insulting or showing contempt or lack of reverence.” The term can be applied to such sins as cursing God or willfully degrading things relating to God. It is also attributing some evil to God, or denying Him some good that we should attribute to Him. This case of blasphemy, however, is a specific one, called “the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit” in Matthew 12:31. In Matthew 12:31-32, the Pharisees, having witnessed irrefutable proof that Jesus was working miracles in the power of the Holy Spirit, claimed instead that the Lord was possessed by the demon “Beelzebub” (Matthew 12:24). Now notice that in Mark 3:30 Jesus is very specific about what they did to commit “blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.”

This blasphemy has to do with someone accusing Jesus Christ of being demon-possessed instead of Spirit-filled. As a result, this particular incidence of blasphemy against the Holy Spirit cannot be duplicated today. Jesus Christ is not on earth—He is seated at the right hand of God. No one can witness Jesus Christ performing a miracle and then attribute that power to Satan instead of the Spirit. The closest example today would be attributing the miracle of a redeemed person’s changed life to Satan’s power rather than to the effects of the indwelling Holy Spirit.

While God’s ability to save is boundless, the Bible clearly shows that there are certain conditions under which He will not save. For instance, God will not save those who neglect or despise Christ’s sacrifice in an effort to find an alternate salvation plan.

‘For if we go on sinning willfully after receiving the knowledge of truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins’ (Hebrews 10:26).

This warning pertains to those who ‘trample under foot the Son of God’ and regard His blood as unclean (Hebrews 10:29). God the Father has appointed His Son’s sacrifice as the sole way of salvation and will not grant salvation to those who seek it by any other means.

The blasphemy of the Spirit today, which is the same as the unpardonable sin, is the state of continued unbelief. There is no pardon for a person who dies in unbelief. Continual rejection of the Holy Spirit’s promptings to trust in Jesus Christ is the unpardonable blasphemy against Him. Remember what is stated in John 3:16: “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” Further on in the same chapter is the verse “Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on him” (John 3:36). The only condition wherein someone would have no forgiveness is if he is not among the “whoever believes in Him,” for it is he who “rejects the Son.”

http://www.divdel.com/blogs/2016/04/what-is-sin-against-the-holy-spirit/

Re: What Is SIN Against The Holy Spirit? by TalkWithLizy: 11:03am On Apr 06, 2016
Any SIN committed without Repentance before death catches up with u
Re: What Is SIN Against The Holy Spirit? by ikes9(m): 3:07pm On Apr 06, 2016
From my own understanding...Sin against the holy spirit... can't be committed by just ANYONE....

From my own understanding..a sin against the holy spirit can only be committed by a minister,apostle of Christ...
Men of God that have seen angels...heavenly beings and things.. seen visions from God..heard God speak to them etc.. after all that still deny the existence of God,Jesus Christ and the holy spirit...maybe because of an unpleasant experience or tribulation they passed through
Re: What Is SIN Against The Holy Spirit? by PastorAIO: 3:15pm On Apr 06, 2016
Someone who sees good and calls it evil and vice versa, that person is committing sin against holy spirit.

When you save someone's life and they say you use evil powers to do it. that is an example.

You'll know spirit by the fruit it bears.

The OP sounds like it is just adding it's own.
Re: What Is SIN Against The Holy Spirit? by orunto27: 4:15pm On Apr 06, 2016
The Holy Spirit is Wise, Knowledgeable and Understanding. These three amongst others are the Spirits of a son of God, of the Holy Spirit and of Righteousness. When you choose to be opposite of these and you are foolish, silly and ignorant, you are sinning against the Holy Spirit.
Re: What Is SIN Against The Holy Spirit? by turboG: 1:08pm On Apr 07, 2016
GBAM

TalkWithLizy:
Any SIN committed without Repentance before death catches up with u
Re: What Is SIN Against The Holy Spirit? by TalkWithLizy: 2:34pm On Apr 07, 2016
orunto27:
The Holy Spirit is Wise, Knowledgeable and Understanding. These three amongst others are the Spirits of a son of God, of the Holy Spirit and of Righteousness. When you choose to be opposite of these and you are foolish, silly and ignorant, you are sinning against the Holy Spirit.

But the sinning has to be unto Death for it to be sin against the HolyGhost.

Repentance any time in Between might earn U forgiveness.

Pls take note
Re: What Is SIN Against The Holy Spirit? by Judas2013: 2:49pm On Apr 07, 2016
F'''k the holy spirit

2 Likes

Re: What Is SIN Against The Holy Spirit? by turboG: 3:10pm On Apr 07, 2016
Judas2013:
F'''k the holy spirit

@Judas2013,
pls be careful of what U say.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth on him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life
John 3:16.

Pls accept JESUS Today and NOT transgress against the Holyspirit. Heaven and HELL is REAL. JESUS is coming very soon.

1. Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me.
2. In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you.
3. If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also
John 14:12
Re: What Is SIN Against The Holy Spirit? by TalkWithLizy: 5:06am On Apr 08, 2016
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

PastorAIO:
Someone who sees good and calls it evil and vice versa, that person is committing sin against holy spirit.

When you save someone's life and they say you use evil powers to do it. that is an example.

You'll know spirit by the fruit it bears.

The OP sounds like it is just adding it's own.
Re: What Is SIN Against The Holy Spirit? by Peritus(m): 7:01am On Apr 08, 2016
I believe that faking spiritual gifts or mocking the holy spirit is part of it. Faking tongues and lying against Him,,,like when people falsely prophesy using the name of Holy Spirit.
Re: What Is SIN Against The Holy Spirit? by Amberon11: 8:07am On Apr 08, 2016
youre the only done that cave the correct answer. Even the O.P is wrong.
Peritus:
I believe that faking spiritual gifts or mocking the holy spirit is part of it. Faking tongues and lying against Him,,,like when people falsely prophesy using the name of Holy Spirit.
Re: What Is SIN Against The Holy Spirit? by Amberon11: 8:07am On Apr 08, 2016
youre the only one that cave the correct answer. Even the O.P is wrong.
Peritus:
Re: What Is SIN Against The Holy Spirit? by Judas2013: 12:16pm On Apr 08, 2016
turboG:

@Judas2013,
pls be careful of what U say.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth on him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life
John 3:16.

Pls accept JESUS Today and NOT transgress against the Holyspirit. Heaven and HELL is REAL. JESUS is coming very soon.

1. Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me.
2. In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you.
3. If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also
John 14:12

Ask your god to kneel before me.
Re: What Is SIN Against The Holy Spirit? by johnw74: 3:12am On Apr 09, 2016
The Holy Spirit did good works in Jesus,
the pharisees knew of the good works Jesus had done including casting out devils, but they claimed Jesus done them by the spirit of the devil.

Calling the good works of the Holy Spirit, works of the devils spirit, is the sin against the Holy Spirit that won't be forgiven.

Mat_12:24 But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils.

Mat 12:31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
Mat 12:32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.
Re: What Is SIN Against The Holy Spirit? by turboG: 4:20pm On Apr 10, 2016
noted

johnw74:
The Holy Spirit did good works in Jesus,
the pharisees knew of the good works Jesus had done including casting out devils, but they claimed Jesus done them by the spirit of the devil.

Calling the good works of the Holy Spirit, works of the devils spirit, is the sin against the Holy Spirit that won't be forgiven.

Mat_12:24 But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils.

Mat 12:31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
Mat 12:32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.
Re: What Is SIN Against The Holy Spirit? by turboG: 4:21pm On Apr 10, 2016
JESUS LOVES U. ACCEPT HIM INTO UR LIFE TODAY. TOMMOROW MAY BE TOO LATE.

Judas2013:

Re: What Is SIN Against The Holy Spirit? by turboG: 5:47am On Apr 11, 2016
Philippians 2: 9-11

9Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

10[b]That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; [/b]

11And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Jesus IS COMING SOON

Judas2013:

(1) (Reply)

9 Miracles By Nigerian Pastors That Are Too Good To Be True / Pentecostal Churches Are Partly Responsible For The Increase In Corruption / The Incredible Selfishness Of Ancient & Contemporary Enlightenment Teachers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.