Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,140 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Panama Papers Expos; Iceland's Prime Minister Resigns. - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Panama Papers Expos; Iceland's Prime Minister Resigns. (28768 Views)

Hailemariam Desalegn Resigns As Ethiopia's Prime Minister / David Cameron Resigns As Prime Minister After Britain Votes To Leave EU / Panama Papers Updates Live Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Panama Papers Expos; Iceland's Prime Minister Resigns. by ChappyChase: 6:34pm On Apr 05, 2016
Our senate presido will rather sit tight till he is disgraced out of office!
Re: Panama Papers Expos; Iceland's Prime Minister Resigns. by kay29000(m): 6:35pm On Apr 05, 2016
He get sense. Nigerian government workers will never resign...shameless people like Saraki dem.
Re: Panama Papers Expos; Iceland's Prime Minister Resigns. by lanxlot(m): 6:35pm On Apr 05, 2016
Yungwizzzy:
Nigeria is 500 years behind corruption free...
na Pearson or spearman u use calculate?
Re: Panama Papers Expos; Iceland's Prime Minister Resigns. by pat077: 6:35pm On Apr 05, 2016
Buhari shld also resign 4 exposing his incompetence in leading his country.
Re: Panama Papers Expos; Iceland's Prime Minister Resigns. by oseiwe(m): 6:36pm On Apr 05, 2016
Whites sef! Dem too get sense, as d guy resign, mata don die smiley
Re: Panama Papers Expos; Iceland's Prime Minister Resigns. by tinsel: 6:36pm On Apr 05, 2016
ileogbenfidel:
I wish ibe kachukwu can emulate these civilized people and resign as he as failed Nigerians on the persistent fuel scarcity.
Tell Saraki and David Mark involved in this scandal to resign first.
Re: Panama Papers Expos; Iceland's Prime Minister Resigns. by Firefire(m): 6:38pm On Apr 05, 2016
Please when will looter Saraki resign

1 Like

Re: Panama Papers Expos; Iceland's Prime Minister Resigns. by Strength77: 6:38pm On Apr 05, 2016
dude is going to jail
Re: Panama Papers Expos; Iceland's Prime Minister Resigns. by Surfboard(m): 6:39pm On Apr 05, 2016
Saw this coming when he walked out on journalists questioning him on his involvement. He was backed into a corner.

The possibility of such a resignation happening in Nigeria is almost impossible, just like the possibility of our journalists asking politicians the questions they dont want to answer.

On both sides of the divide, there isn't enough care for Nigeria.
Re: Panama Papers Expos; Iceland's Prime Minister Resigns. by ileogbenfidel(m): 6:40pm On Apr 05, 2016
Saraki and David Mark caused fuel scarcity or are they the ministers of Petroleum?
tinsel:

Tell Saraki and David Mark involved in this scandal to resign first.
Re: Panama Papers Expos; Iceland's Prime Minister Resigns. by DaBullIT(m): 6:41pm On Apr 05, 2016
Instead of saying Never , Why not organize a protest, that's a meaningful protest

How's about signing an online protest / petition for him to retire

although i am yet to see his name on the official release, i have however seen that of Ibori

Not protesting in front of all embassies for a lost cause

Not petitioning UN or ICC for baseless offences

Modath !
Re: Panama Papers Expos; Iceland's Prime Minister Resigns. by tinsel: 6:43pm On Apr 05, 2016
ileogbenfidel:
Saraki and David Mark caused fuel scarcity or are they the ministers of Petroleum?
My friend our subject of discussion here is Panama scandal and not fuel scarcity. David Mark and Saraki were mentioned in the scandal. Dunce.
Re: Panama Papers Expos; Iceland's Prime Minister Resigns. by gtin(m): 6:43pm On Apr 05, 2016
Can never happen in 9ja
Re: Panama Papers Expos; Iceland's Prime Minister Resigns. by seangy4konji: 6:48pm On Apr 05, 2016
Own own people no deh resign.

Na to die there deh use am run our face or go contest for honorable again
Re: Panama Papers Expos; Iceland's Prime Minister Resigns. by Bamibor: 6:49pm On Apr 05, 2016
I think it's worth noting that the news reads "...following intensified pressure from the people calling for him to resign..." (paraphrased)
One major problem in Nigeria is that the masses prefer to observe with mirth, the pitiable irresponsibility and melodrama that characterizes leadership in this country, rather than vociferously stand up with "one voice" (the voice of justice and equity that is) and demand that each sin gets its just due. But no, we're blinded by religious and ethnic prejudice, short-sighted by partisan bigotry.

How on earth do we move forward if we would not "shine our eyes"(in the right I mean, certainly not the common interpretation) and hold ourselves accountable for our actions and inactions. After all the leaders and the led are all part of us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Panama Papers Expos; Iceland's Prime Minister Resigns. by einsteino(m): 6:52pm On Apr 05, 2016
ileogbenfidel:
I wish ibe kachukwu can emulate these civilized people and resign as he as failed Nigerians on the persistent fuel scarcity.

please correct me if am wrong. is buhari not the minister of petroleum? if he is, doesnt that mean he bears mores responsibility in this and should resign before kachikwu? or are you insinuating that the almighty change messiah is just a figure head minister?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Panama Papers Expos; Iceland's Prime Minister Resigns. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:53pm On Apr 05, 2016
#SarakiMustResign.
Re: Panama Papers Expos; Iceland's Prime Minister Resigns. by tinsel: 6:54pm On Apr 05, 2016
Bamibor:
I think it's worth noting that the news reads "...following intensified pressure from the people calling for him to resign..." (paraphrased)
One major problem in Nigeria is that the masses prefer to observe with mirth, the pitiable irresponsibility and melodrama that characterizes leadership in this country, rather than vociferously stand up with "one voice" (the voice of justice and equity that is) and demand that each sin gets its just due. But no, we're blinded by religious and ethnic prejudice, short-sighted by partisan bigotry.

How on earth do we move forward if we would not "shine our eyes"(in the right I mean, certainly not the common interpretation) and hold ourselves accountable for our actions and inactions. After all the leaders and the led are all part of us.
Our problem here in Nigeria is ethnicity and religion. You will see a youth and a graduate of ten years ago and without a job clapping and hailing somebody who stole for himself, children and generation not yet born probable because he is a christian, moslem, igbo, yoruba or hausa. And also because he is in PDP or APC. We have a long way to go unless we change our orientation.

2 Likes

Re: Panama Papers Expos; Iceland's Prime Minister Resigns. by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 6:56pm On Apr 05, 2016
if you want to read on the panama paper leak. follow this link.
http://panamapapers.sueddeutsche.de/en/
Re: Panama Papers Expos; Iceland's Prime Minister Resigns. by Nobody: 6:58pm On Apr 05, 2016
Why resign when you can claim witch hunt and pay some people to carry placard? undecided
Re: Panama Papers Expos; Iceland's Prime Minister Resigns. by bluecircle470: 7:04pm On Apr 05, 2016
Saraki should follow the part of honour
Re: Panama Papers Expos; Iceland's Prime Minister Resigns. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:05pm On Apr 05, 2016
DaBullIT:
Instead of saying Never , Why not organize a protest, that's a meaningful protest

How's about signing an online protest / petition for him to retire

although i am yet to see his name on the official release, i have however seen that of Ibori

Not protesting in front of all embassies for a lost cause

Not petitioning UN or ICC for baseless offences

Modath !

The protest won't work. Some foöls will organize a counter protest against those calling for Saraki's resignation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Panama Papers Expos; Iceland's Prime Minister Resigns. by Tonydeeb(m): 7:09pm On Apr 05, 2016
iykebest1:
Bubu what re u waiting for?
Do you know whether he's gonna be victimized himself?...as far as naija is concerned, no one's a saint!.
Re: Panama Papers Expos; Iceland's Prime Minister Resigns. by henrygale(m): 7:09pm On Apr 05, 2016
And that's a country with honorable men.
If na for naija,resign keh? Instead,he will hire both local and international lawyers to defend him! Bunch of thieves we call politicians. #disgrace!
Re: Panama Papers Expos; Iceland's Prime Minister Resigns. by nworanco(m): 7:13pm On Apr 05, 2016
ileogbenfidel:

Are u insane ? who is minister of petroleum? Is it kachukwu or buhari? U are biased and tribalistic in nature, because u knew who supposed to resign instead u are calling on kachukwu. Buhari honourably resigned because had failed Nigerians and never for once do any of his promises.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Panama Papers Expos; Iceland's Prime Minister Resigns. by kingsamosy(m): 7:13pm On Apr 05, 2016
Nigerian man's brain is configured never to resign from office, even when they are caught red handed in the act of stealing. this can never happen in Nigeria, in the next 50years.
Re: Panama Papers Expos; Iceland's Prime Minister Resigns. by horlus(m): 7:14pm On Apr 05, 2016
olaolulazio:
Let's see if change will make this happen in Nigeria.

I hope this "we will" government do something fast.

#SarakiIsAGooner
The difference between nigeria and iceland is that the people did not stay on mobile phones to complain, instead they came out to the streets and demanded for his resignation.

2 Likes

Re: Panama Papers Expos; Iceland's Prime Minister Resigns. by nworanco(m): 7:14pm On Apr 05, 2016
ileogbenfidel:

Are u insane ? who is minister of petroleum? Is it kachukwu or buhari? U are biased and tribalistic in nature, because u knew who supposed to resign instead u are calling on kachukwu. Buhari should honourably resigned because he had failed Nigerians and never for once do any of his promises.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Panama Papers Expos; Iceland's Prime Minister Resigns. by modath(f): 7:16pm On Apr 05, 2016
Firefire:
Please when will looter Saraki resign

When the Citizens manage to impress it upon the United APC+PDP Blood suckers association of NASS that the interest of the country is more important than their respective pockets..

1 Like

Re: Panama Papers Expos; Iceland's Prime Minister Resigns. by modath(f): 7:19pm On Apr 05, 2016
bluecircle470:
Saraki should follow the part of honour

You are using Saraki & Honour in the same sentence, are you a learner? cheesy
Re: Panama Papers Expos; Iceland's Prime Minister Resigns. by Bigmind(m): 7:27pm On Apr 05, 2016
I trust Saraki will take a cue from the Icelandic prime minister's honorable move.
Re: Panama Papers Expos; Iceland's Prime Minister Resigns. by poseidon12: 7:29pm On Apr 05, 2016
ileogbenfidel:

Is he your petroleum minister?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Biden Says It’s Good That Trump Won't Attend The Inauguration / Iraq Officially Declares Christmas Day A National Holiday / Huge Explosion Hits Mosque In Kabul, Afghanistan. 60 Killed, Many Injured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.